Any ideals I'm new here

• Thread starter Nigelthornberry420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Light burn bud.
What do you have for a light? How far above the top leaves is the light.
Measure it if you can.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
First timers running vivosun vs3000 24/7 using the fox farm trio out of 4 girls this is the only one that looks like this
How often do you water it? The leaves look puffy, as if overwatered.

I see interveinal chlorosis, which is an indication that the plant can't handle the amount of light it's getting. Reducing the intensity should help. So would adding some magnesium to the plant's diet. What type of nutrients are you using?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
S

SnoopingAsUsualI

could be light, but I would also say it can be a boron or calcium deficiency, do you feed them well?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You will find that any light has a hotter spot in it's foot print. This plant may be under such a high light spot and does not like it.

Any way 20 inches at 100% will cook about anything you put under it. Try the settings I posted above and see how your plants look in 30 days.

N

Nigelthornberry420

How often do you water it? The leaves look puffy, as if overwatered.

I see interveinal chlorosis, which is an indication that the plant can't handle the amount of light it's getting. Reducing the intensity should help. So would adding some magnesium to the plant's diet. What type of nutrients are you using?
Fox farms big bloom and grow big

D

DougV

That looks like a 4x4 tent. With respect to others, a 300w LED light is not that powerful. I run 630w for each 4x4 area and would run 1000w if they weren’t so dang expensive.

I’d back off the 24/7 routine. Plants have slightly different night/day functions. If you are not growing organic try a foliar spray of CalMag, watch your watering, you need it to be dang near dry before you water again, and go down to 20 hours per day, or even 18.

These plants grow under full outdoor sun, you are not going to produce that level of light with a 300w light. Heat, maybe, but 20” should be enough. Hang a thermostat the same distance from your light as the tops of your plant, see what the heat is. Also make sure your fan/s blow across the canopy to remove heat. A single $20.00 box fan will move more air than a box of clip on fans.

You might also need to increase your nutrients. More light equals more nutrient uptake.

Reduce light if you wish, but remember plant production is a function of light. Heat can be a big issue, my 100w lights produce more heat, per square inch, then my more powerful lights. Better to deal with the heat and/or nutrients than lower light, or at least for the most part.

D

DougV

Are you using plant elevators? Be a good idea to put them between pots and saucer to allow better drainage.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Does that fan continually blow directly on that plant ?

If yes it could be wind burn. That would also explain why the others are unaffected.

Last edited:
N

Nigelthornberry420

I don’t use FF nutrients. Looking them up dosing is 1tbl (15g) of Big Grow and 4tbl (60g) of Big Bloom per gallon (4l). Is that the amount per gallon you’re using? Just making sure.
Just 15ml of each

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
and who said boron def? hahahaha
I apologize for being wrong. I didn't say it originally. I only agreed that it could be that or calcium deficiency, even though I know boron deficiency is rare and calcium deficiency is spotty. In this screen grab from the OP's third picture, there's that orange-ish color that's a characteristic of both. Wind damage, in my experience, is usually brown and not near the center of a plant. Looking at it again, it could be light damage, considering it's apparently on older leaves and it looks like there's chlorosis elsewhere on the plant. Color rendering isn't always perfect in web images, though. Anyway, even though we make our best guesses, sometimes we're wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom