Autoflower Lst Questions

• Thread starter Tyson79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tyson79

Tyson79

I have a question that I haven't seen answered yet. How many times should you keep training the main stem downward before letting it grow vertical with the rest of the branches? Same question with the side branches. Is there such thing as too much LST?

I'm growing two autoflowers. White Widow and Green Crack, and they are growing very differently from one another. The green crack is very short and compact while the white widow is very long and lanky.

Both plants have been bent to a 90 degree between the 2nd and 3rd set of branches. The green crack is good with just that so far, but the white widow has several branches that have been LST trained as well as the main stem. I just don't know when to stop bending branches down and let them start growing upward.

Sorry if that's confusing.

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

I honestly dont think you can do It too much I have read of people LST until there canopy is of a more even height. then grow is with the rest of the plant. sorry I can be of more help m8

Tyson79

Tyson79

I guess the generic answer would be "it depends on each plant". I'm guessing you have to eventually allow some stems to grow upward, but i'm not sure exactly when you're supposed to allow vertical growth.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

As far as you question about when to stop training there is no set time, it really is plant to plant. And it takes tie and experience with your setup to know what tops will reach the canopy. When I first started I always needed to take more then I did and feel like I still should trim more. The key is to not do it too deep into flower and not to do a total "shock" to her system. I tend to do a lil bit here and a lil bit there. Dint be to scared to train an auto just try not to stunt her to bad. I'm currently running a Dinafem Og auto with a "scrog" net. It's more of a lst net. Just kinda coaching her out. Did a lil trim and train tonight. she's 22days old, dwc
IMAG0130

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

IMAG0132
IMAG0132
So you trim your autos?
Yea light trim. And bigger autos in hydro. I don't know how any other media goes. But as long as you don't do enough to really shock em they are fine. Dinafem has some monsters that require me to top and trim because of space. I was growing in a 4x4x8 tent when I started with these Dina autos and they can easily get to big for more then one in a tent. I don't recommend heavy lollipop or anything but you can do some trimming. This plant isn't too bushy but you can see how empty she is underneath

Latest posts

Top Bottom