Backyard idea's for security issues

• Thread starter Greenthumb58
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenthumb58

Curious how others have dealt with this, I have already noticed few eyeballs watching, thought of using the magnet type alarms having trip wires above the top of fence? Anyone ever tried this

fargonaz

fargonaz

Curious how others have dealt with this, I have already noticed few eyeballs watching, thought of using the magnet type alarms having trip wires above the top of fence? Anyone ever tried this
Claymores and punji sticks. Seriously: Dogs. You can't have too many of them.

G

Greenthumb58

I'm liking nails up through boards, and doubtful Buddy will be much help
20220808 171134 resized

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hd camera to start I remember at my old place bout 2-3 weeks before harves I used to pitch a tent near them and placed roofing iron with empty bottles around them only problem windy nights up n down like a yo yo chasing nothing😂 seriously though a dog is best security ever I have a bullmastiff x red nose pitty no 1 comes near my shit now even though he would lick em to death shhhh big softy with a bigger bark👍

Se7en07_Exotics

Se7en07_Exotics

I would first off get a decent security system. Some people hate on them, but the Ring cameras and alarm are actually good IMO. I have the complete setup with the house alarm, Ring video doorbell, Spotlight camera (for my driveway) and 4 of their stickup cams that watch the sides and backyard. They are super easy to setup, decently priced and have all the features you'll ever need. The monthly service is only like $10 and that's to record ALL camera's. Plus the app does literally EVERYTHING from motion detection notifications to 2 way talking through any of the devices. You can setup a motion area for each camera and if someone or something comes into that area you can set it to notify your phone and automatically start recording and you can even set it so the camera alarm goes off since each camera has the alarm feature. There's tons more you can do too and it's all done and viewable right through the app on your phone. But anyways I'd start there or at least SOME TYPE of camera/security system. Usually when people see cameras it makes them think twice about doing anything stupid also. Just my 2 cents though

Ponky

Ponky

Fire off some desk pops. Make the neighbour's think you eat people. But yeah. Discharge a firearm everyday. All times of the day.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I would first off get a decent security system. Some people hate on them, but the Ring cameras and alarm are actually good IMO. I have the complete setup with the house alarm, Ring video doorbell, Spotlight camera (for my driveway) and 4 of their stickup cams that watch the sides and backyard. They are super easy to setup, decently priced and have all the features you'll ever need. The monthly service is only like $10 and that's to record ALL camera's. Plus the app does literally EVERYTHING from motion detection notifications to 2 way talking through any of the devices. You can setup a motion area for each camera and if someone or something comes into that area you can set it to notify your phone and automatically start recording and you can even set it so the camera alarm goes off since each camera has the alarm feature. There's tons more you can do too and it's all done and viewable right through the app on your phone. But anyways I'd start there or at least SOME TYPE of camera/security system. Usually when people see cameras it makes them think twice about doing anything stupid also. Just my 2 cents though
I have the same setup works very well allowing 2way talking aswell so u can tell em to piss off or sneak up on em whatever your preference spotlight everything yea only downfall monthly fee

Se7en07_Exotics

Se7en07_Exotics

Yea it's worth it though, especially if you have multiple devices like we do ya know? You aren't gonna find a security service anywhere else for anywhere close to what we are paying. Trust me I've looked haha. For what we're getting and also being able to check in on the cameras ANYTIME live you can't go wrong. Again that's just my opinion, but to me it's well worth it. I just added some indoor cam's inside my grow space too, so now I can check on my plants and entire grow area anytime I'm away. Give's me piece of mind for sure!

G

Greenthumb58

Definitely planning on pitching a sleeping bag out back for a few weeks, neighbor offered up a couple of cameras will definitely be installing them as well. Thanks for the input good luck with your summer grow

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

My neighbors are actually leaving their yard lights off because they understand about herms. It's kinda cool.

G

Greenthumb58

I spoke with all mine prior to starting this and everyone was very cool about it there also keeping porch lights off, definitely will be sending thank you jars there way

Blastfact

Blastfact

Camaras, Dogs and Guns. And it helps to live in a free state. I can defend property with deadly force here in Okiehoma.

S

SeanCarpenter

Thank you, I will sure keep those things in my mind :)

Top Bottom