Bag cleaning

• Thread starter devious d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devious d

devious d

BUBBLE BAG CLEANING(keeping the fullmelt)

Hey guys been using these ice bags 5 x 5 gallons for about 18 months now, i wash with cold water, someone surgested a LITTLE VEG OIL then a unscented soap, there still usable but like to keep equipment in tip top condition, so any tips appreciated thanks D.D:joint: p.s the bags are good the seams are sound its the screens a bit dis- coloured

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Washing Bags

Every once in a while I'll mix a light Isopropyl alcohol and water bath in the sink, and will put each bag into the water/iso bath squish and mix each bag around in the solution. In the other sink I will rinse each bag with cold water until clean then hang each to dry. I don't do this very often because the iso takes a little life out of the bag, good luck

mal

G

Green Supreme

Iso will weaken the stitching. If you have to do it giver. Easier to maintain them properly than try fix a problem after. Good luck. Peace GS

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
95% everclear might work pretty well - not sure if its any less destructive to the bags long run as iso thouigh

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Soak in mineral spirits. or mineral water. Washes right off like new.

Tarbender04

Tarbender04

I put a paper towel in a 1 gallon ice cream pail, put the bubble bag screen on top of the towel, then pour isopropyl on a small wad of paper towel over the pail and dab the screen, pressing it firmly between the alcohol soaked towels until towels are discolored and saturated with the residue (replace as necessary). Wash with warm water and castille soap then hang dry. I never scrub or brush the screen as that damages them. Also, the soap must be a mild (I use "Kirks" organic) or it too will damage the screens. I clean the screens well with ice water (colder the better) after each use as this isopropyl process should only be done once or twice throughout the lifetime of the bags, and when all else fails. I've never tried the olive oil trick so I'd give that a shot first. Happy bubbles!!!

Top Bottom