Banana Kush week 3 - First grow ever, all good?

• Thread starter SM0k3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SM0k3

SM0k3

Both of these were planted at the same time, one is severely stunted, it fell over early on as a fresh seedling. I dont know if I should keep it or chuck it as a lost....new growth on it seems to look good just slooooow.

For the bigger girl I have no experience in growing so I'm just going natural with no LST just a a bit of tucking, not overly concerned with yield just a successful grow for now.

Using Green Rush Nutes 9-1.5-7 npk and she just got her first full dose 3 days ago. Am I missing anything or looks good? thanks

EDIT:
75-80f temps @ 55-60% RH -- currently in a 2x2x48 AC Infinity tent. wasnt sure if I was going to enjoy growing indoors so i bought small for now.

Banana kush week 3   first grow ever all good
Banana kush week 3   first grow ever all good 2
Banana kush week 3   first grow ever all good 3
Banana kush week 3   first grow ever all good 4

Last edited:
GerryOfDankzville

GerryOfDankzville

What ever happened to good old organic growing in soil? Once you try it you'll never go back to those overpriced salts made for "cannabis only". Best slogan to make millions ever thought of even though most brands are garbage with a few exceptions. Feed the soil not the plant Cheech! Cheers to build a soil and kis organics 👍

SM0k3

SM0k3

What ever happened to good old organic growing in soil? Once you try it you'll never go back to those overpriced salts made for "cannabis only". Best slogan to make millions ever thought of even though most brands are garbage with a few exceptions. Feed the soil not the plant Cheech! Cheers to build a soil and kis organics 👍
Growing these in Kellogg Organic soil, apparently the soil is shitty according to reviews but it was all i had laying around so I said why the hell not. Lacked Nitrogen but thats what the Nutes are for....LOL

If you have any recommendation for good organic soil for my future grow I'd love to hear. 😎

Looks good Smok. The runt will catch up quickly.

Thanks, and hope so been investing time into getting her fixed up.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I would give the smaller one about 1/4 gallon of a 6.4 ph’d nutrient solution at about 600ppm wait a few days to see if the darker green comes back in her leaves because she’s looking hungry to me.

SM0k3

SM0k3

Banana Kush - Week 2 of flowering​

Week 2 - She needing water more often now.....been watering every 2-3 days and doing a 6-8-12 feeding(every other watering) @ 6.4ph. I have noticed the leaves at the top are slightly yellow hue, too much light or no cause for concern? light is at like 80% and topped out.

Bananakush week2
20240508 071107

Kept the runt plant and it went into flower but had to move her out of the tent cause the bigger one was just taking all the light. Not sure if she'll produce much, haven't watered her in over a week but the pot is still pretty heavy so dont think she's drinking.

20240508 081111

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Facts

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Here i am, rambling and pontificating again.

the runt looks like its struggling through a root zone thats a little to acidic for her liking to me.

A lot of a time a plant will look just like this, and grow stunted when in a soil with lots of twigs and bark, or ones with a time released, urea based nitrogen feed or something like ozmocote in it.

I tend to run mostly organic compost based soils when i do soil growing. And will will begin supplementing with a chemical synthetic feed some time on into flower. Also in soil grows where ive run something like fox farm, or flora series all the way though, if i keep my root zone PH closer to neutral vs slightly acidic leaning like 6.5 or so, i have noticed significantly less salt build up in the soil. The chemistry of these alkaline compounds when in an acidic environment will also back up this observation. Start to lean acidic and more of the alkaline compounds in the feed will begin to crystalize as hydrochloric salts in the soil that a plant is unable to uptake.

That 0.3-0.5 change in the soil PH, the plant wont really notice much, but the crystalization of salts in the soil, over the course of months, will definitely be more excessive in the 6.3-6.5 range over the 6.8-7 range. But plants will grow a little quicker in the 6.5 range, especially during veg. Thats why i go toward organics in veg. And ill transition to supplementing with flora bloom/micro in flower in soil. Ive never had an issue with salt crystallization in soil though. Regardless of how i was growing them, but i also had a little background in chemistry going into the growing world and that definitely helped me out a lot using synthetic feeds..

The synthetic feeds are definitely way trickier in soil then going the organic route though, but that actually inverts on the hydro side of things as well. Organics becomes much trickier.

SM0k3

SM0k3

Here i am, rambling and pontificating again.

the runt looks like its struggling through a root zone thats a little to acidic for her liking to me.

A lot of a time a plant will look just like this, and grow stunted when in a soil with lots of twigs and bark, or ones with a time released, urea based nitrogen feed or something like ozmocote in it.

I tend to run mostly organic compost based soils when i do soil growing. And will will begin supplementing with a chemical synthetic feed some time on into flower. Also in soil grows where ive run something like fox farm, or flora series all the way though, if i keep my root zone PH closer to neutral vs slightly acidic leaning like 6.5 or so, i have noticed significantly less salt build up in the soil. The chemistry of these alkaline compounds when in an acidic environment will also back up this observation. Start to lean acidic and more of the alkaline compounds in the feed will begin to crystalize as hydrochloric salts in the soil that a plant is unable to uptake.

That 0.3-0.5 change in the soil PH, the plant wont really notice much, but the crystalization of salts in the soil, over the course of months, will definitely be more excessive in the 6.3-6.5 range over the 6.8-7 range. But plants will grow a little quicker in the 6.5 range, especially during veg. Thats why i go toward organics in veg. And ill transition to supplementing with flora bloom/micro in flower in soil. Ive never had an issue with salt crystallization in soil though. Regardless of how i was growing them, but i also had a little background in chemistry going into the growing world and that definitely helped me out a lot using synthetic feeds..

The synthetic feeds are definitely way trickier in soil then going the organic route though, but that actually inverts on the hydro side of things as well. Organics becomes much trickier.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I was never 100% happy with the soil I was growing in but it was all I had and could afford at the time. Im planning on using Fox Farm Ocean Forest on my next grow so i will definitely keep this post in mind on my next one and try a less acidic PH mixture.

Also for the runt, Should I just flush her out with regular tap water and let her recover?

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thanks for the detailed reply, I was never 100% happy with the soil I was growing in but it was all I had and could afford at the time. Im planning on using Fox Farm Ocean Forest on my next grow so i will definitely keep this post in mind on my next one and try a less acidic PH mixture.

Also for the runt, Should I just flush her out with regular tap water and let her recover?
generally the more twigs, bark, and osmocote you see in a mix (those little yellow balls you can squeeze and pop when they become hydrated), the more acidic it'll want to sit

You can make a sift with various guages of wire screens to remove that stuff from an el cheapo soil, and just add back in some perlite and usually be just fine too 🤙 I've done that many times just because some cheap hyponex was on sale at home depot so stocked up on several bags. A generally terrible soil, but screened for twigs and bark, and spiked with perlite, its fantastic soil. You can also take the barky twiggy soils, and mix them 1 part perlite, 1 part peat or PH amended coir or verm, and 2 parts the cheap crappy soil and probably expect great results.

ive also had great results in a pinch just grabbing bags of peat/verm based seed starter soil, and adding in about 20-30% perlite. That stuffs super cheap as well. It can be hard to get it to take fresh moisture sometimes though. And it sponges up a bit, but works incredibly well, very soft, roots love it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom