Best smell proof cannabis jar/container?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi. What’s the best smell proof cannabis jar for retaining harvest? Links to sites?
Sorry I don't have links, there are also sea vaults but I've never used them and cost way more than jars

R

RhastaBlasta

Well, reusable ziplocks of a good quality or a metal jars or keychain capsules? Some seedbanks give those for free like additions to your order, for example: https://herbiesheadshop.com/promo#gifts

Or you can just buy them cheap on amazon, aliexpress or just in any local souvenir stores

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Canning jars are excellent for storage. We use dark, amber-colored quart jars and store them in the dark. They hold about 2 ounces of bud without smashing them. The lids seal quite well.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Canning jars are excellent for storage. We use dark, amber-colored quart jars and store them in the dark. They hold about 2 ounces of bud without smashing them. The lids seal quite well.

View attachment 2130433
As you can see on the pic the lids don't close very well(not airtight) especially cheaper alternatives, Ball jars will be fine, because everybody's using them.
My option would be a kind of this:
Clamb Jars
If you can get tinted jars I would pref them.
IMG 20240304 175229

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
As you can see on the pic the lids don't close very well(not airtight)
Those jars with the clamps are not canning jars. Canning jars have reusable rings with lids that are only supposed to be used once for canning purposes. The picture I shared doesn't show it.

Ball jars will be fine
Yes. My recollection is that Mason jars were the first of their type. Clear ones can be found at thrift stores for $1 or less. Lids can be found in grocery stores.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
While we're on the subject of canning jars, here's something I invented:

I found one-piece plastic lids on Amazon. (Sometimes the jars come with them, though.) I used a 1 5/8" hole saw to make a hole for a hygrometer/thermometer that also can be found on Amazon. I used food-safe silicon glue to seal it in place. They work well, except I had a problem with leakage. I'm pretty sure that's because I put the glue around the bottom. Next time, I'll put the glue around the hygrometer/thermometer before I put it in the lid, and then also seal around the bottom. I believe that will work better. The lids themselves have silicon gaskets that provide a good seal. Because we know they're leaking, when the humidity stabilizes at our preferred percent, we replace these lids with the ordinary type.

If anyone is interested, I can provide better pictures. These lids are nice because it's easy to see the status of the buds without opening the jar. It's nice when there are a lot of jars on the shelf.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I tend to use 1 gallon glass jars for my harvest... good to fit a q.p roughly per jar

20231024 073646
Z

Zab

I have and use 1/2 and 1 gallon jars, as well as cvaults since I got them for a crazy price at a local place last 420sale.

I then use the vacum sealer (or plastic lids, or both)on the jars with normal canning lids with an adaptor, it works quite well.
Then I store them in our cold room in a closet

Newty

Newty

While we're on the subject of canning jars, here's something I invented:

View attachment 2130443

I found one-piece plastic lids on Amazon. (Sometimes the jars come with them, though.) I used a 1 5/8" hole saw to make a hole for a hygrometer/thermometer that also can be found on Amazon. I used food-safe silicon glue to seal it in place. They work well, except I had a problem with leakage. I'm pretty sure that's because I put the glue around the bottom. Next time, I'll put the glue around the hygrometer/thermometer before I put it in the lid, and then also seal around the bottom. I believe that will work better. The lids themselves have silicon gaskets that provide a good seal. Because we know they're leaking, when the humidity stabilizes at our preferred percent, we replace these lids with the ordinary type.

If anyone is interested, I can provide better pictures. These lids are nice because it's easy to see the status of the buds without opening the jar. It's nice when there are a lot of jars on the shelf.
They actually sell those, idk what it costs for you to make them though. Either way, very creative!!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They actually sell those, idk what it costs for you to make them though. Either way, very creative!!!

Well, damn it! I thought I had an original idea. I hadn't seen those, but they're almost exactly the same. I saw the different colored lids and chose black because I thought it looked cool. Those might have a better seal. The glue I used didn't stick to the plastic very well.

R

Rastakari2

As you can see on the pic the lids don't close very well(not airtight) especially cheaper alternatives, Ball jars will be fine, because everybody's using them.
My option would be a kind of this:
Clamb Jars
If you can get tinted jars I would pref them.View attachment 2130441
I had this but the problem was exactly with these that over time all the flower from harvest would smell through badly and neighbours started complaining

Top Bottom