Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
So, are you still trimming?
Oh, yeah! Still harvesting! Taking the last of the Don Carlos this morning. Still have two big foot Glues going. Kind of under performers compared to the rest. Going to keep them going for a while and see what happens! Was hoping they would purple up, but they are having none of it! So I may have to take them as is in a week or two. You grow more than I do so I have to assume you are still chained to the table also! A pic of one of the Glooze, and a video of pig damage up at one of my neighbors place!

BFC61ED6 A242 4F13 80E0 FDDDDBE23E5A
3cats

3cats

Oh, yeah! Still harvesting! Taking the last of the Don Carlos this morning. Still have two big foot Glues going. Kind of under performers compared to the rest. Going to keep them going for a while and see what happens! Was hoping they would purple up, but they are having none of it! So I may have to take them as is in a week or two. You grow more than I do so I have to assume you are still chained to the table also! A pic of one of the Glooze, and a video of pig damage up at one of my neighbors place!
View attachment 2071526
That's a lot of damage, we don't see them here thank G How long would it take them to destroy his yard? Hundreds of them? or just a few with anger issues?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m guessing that was probably just a couple at most. Did that and some more damage on the other side in one night. He is an absentee owner with a pond just above mine. It’s still has a little water. So ismagnet for pigs and other wildlife. Two or three pigs could tear that yard totally up if they put their mind to it in a night. It takes a lot of food to keep a 200 pound animal going. So they are some rooting fools! Did $12,000 damage in one night to another of my neighbors. Surprisingly, his insurance company covered it! Got a new yard! But I doubt if they will do it twice! So he’s always on edge! L O L. I’ve never seen more than 10 not counting wieners together at one time. A herd of pigs is known as a, sounder.

Last edited:
3cats

3cats

I’m guessing that was probably just a couple at most. Did that and some more damage on the other side in one night. He is an absentee owner with a pond just above mine. It’s still has a little water. So ismagnet for pigs and other wildlife. Two or three pigs could tear that yard totally up if they put their mind to it in a night. It takes a lot of food to keep a 200 pound animal going. So they are some rooting fools! Did $12,000 damage in one night to another of my neighbors. Surprisingly, his insurance company covered it! Got a new yard! But I doubt if they will do it twice! So he’s always on edge! L O L. I’ve never seen more than 10 not counting wieners together at one time. A herd of pigs is known as a, sounder.
Wow, I knew they were pests but I had no idea so few could/ would do so much damage. They call for cartoon bullets where one shot and they explode into a million pieces / stinky fertilizer , Can you eat the fkers? I've seen YT where they shoot herds at night with infrared scopes but I don't here of no giant free pig BBQ's
s

cpurola

cpurola

I noticed they dug where the grass was green, is that maybe a draw for them? The water and green grass?
And I understand pigs can be quite smart. So harder to dissuade from tearing things up.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Most of the time they are good eating! Medium size sow is more desirable! The boars are a lot of work to dress out. They have this cape on them. It’s about 2 inches thick of gristle like material that covers their chest and shoulders. Affords some protection from Tusk when they are fighting! Stay away from the Russian boars for eating also. And they are pretty smart! Not likely to make the same mistake twice. And mostly nocturnal! That’s what makes them so hard to get rid of them. Infrared is illegal here unfortunately. So is baiting. States like Texas allow both. I know they can have at least two litters a year now. Maybe 10 pigs per litter. So it doesn’t take long for them to get out of control. And requires quite a slaughter to get them back into control. They have become quite a problem all over the country! I count on my dogs being out to keep them out of my yard. But they’ve torn out the back of my property. Pretty good. But they are welcome to that. Outwhere I grow my dope

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Most of the time they are good eating! Medium size sow is more desirable! The boars are a lot of work to dress out. They have this cape on them. It’s about 2 inches thick of gristle like material that covers their chest and shoulders. Affords some protection from Tusk when they are fighting! Stay away from the Russian boars for eating also. And they are pretty smart! Not likely to make the same mistake twice. And mostly nocturnal! That’s what makes them so hard to get rid of them. Infrared is illegal here unfortunately. So is baiting. States like Texas allow both. I know they can have at least two litters a year now. Maybe 10 pigs per litter. So it doesn’t take long for them to get out of control. And requires quite a slaughter to get them back into control. They have become quite a problem all over the country! I count on my dogs being out to keep them out of my yard. But they’ve torn out the back of my property. Pretty good. But they are welcome to that. Outwhere I grow my dope
BEHOLD

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Elaborate traps like that really illustrate the extent of the problem in certain areas. I was kind of looking forward to the bloodbath that follows! It would be illegal to bait that trap in Calley! Unless you have a trapping license or something! A professional exterminator! They should put a bounty on them, and let everybody have at them! Then we might get somewhere! I watched an episode of the outdoorsman with Buck McNeely. Helicopter hunting for them in Texas. Would take turns up in the helicopter and get hundreds in a day with an AR type 223. Like a Door gunner with a semi automatic!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Elaborate traps like that really illustrate the extent of the problem in certain areas. I was kind of looking forward to the bloodbath that follows! It would be illegal to bait that trap in Calley! Unless you have a trapping license or something! A professional exterminator! They should put a bounty on them, and let everybody have at them! Then we might get somewhere! I watched an episode of the outdoorsman with Buck McNeely. Helicopter hunting for them in Texas. Would take turns up in the helicopter and get hundreds in a day with an AR type 223. Like a Door gunner with a semi automatic!
One of the first things I did when i moved to Texas, was go on a boar hunt. $100 an adult.
Land owners here will pay groups to come in and clear land. This was 25 years ago though. It’s different now, dude had an old c-10 outfitted with gun mounts on top of the cab, spotlights the whole nine. After the run, I knew there was no doubt, I live in Texas now hahahaaha. It’s a war of attrition nowadays. There are sooooo damned many of them bro. It’s bad.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No doubt! At least Texas makes an attempt at controlling them! They are definitely out of control in a lot of places! Do millions of dollars worth of damage every year! Oh, well! That was 25 years ago. And the problem is worse now than it was then with no controls on hunting them In the meantime! It’s a losing battle! L O L!

cpurola

cpurola

No doubt! At least Texas makes an attempt at controlling them! They are definitely out of control in a lot of places! Do millions of dollars worth of damage every year! Oh, well! That was 25 years ago. And the problem is worse now than it was then with no controls on hunting them In the meantime! It’s a losing battle! L O L!
Think I'll stick with my crappy weather and bugs, you keep your hogs.
Wait, do they survive winters like we have in Mich?😟

cpurola

cpurola

BTW, I'm trying my hand at dry sift hash making. Thanks so much for the link to GNick's pages, learned alot.
Set up in the back garage, got a metal tray with a metal 150 mesh and did a first round, sticks and twigs filter. I know it's pretty green.
Tomorrow I'm going to send it all through the finer trays and see what I get. This is so much fun! (but my back isn't impressed)

20231110 145838

20231110 162632

20231110 162742

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Think I'll stick with my crappy weather and bugs, you keep your hogs.
Wait, do they survive winters like we have in Mich?😟
I don’t know what their range is now! Since they route for most of their food, maybe the snow and frozen tundra dissuade them! I know the cold won’t kill them! I’m kind of surprised they aren’t a problem in Michigan! And to answer your earlier question, yeah, the wet green grass of lawns seems to attract them! Especially here, where the lawns are in oasis in the middle of a hot dry desert in the summertime! And my pond attracts them much to the dismay of my neighbors! L O L! Nothing I can do about that!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
BTW, I'm trying my hand at dry sift hash making. Thanks so much for the link to GNick's pages, learned alot.
Set up in the back garage, got a metal tray with a metal 150 mesh and did a first round, sticks and twigs filter. I know it's pretty green.
Tomorrow I'm going to send it all through the finer trays and see what I get. This is so much fun! (but my back isn't impressed)

View attachment 2071785
View attachment 2071786
View attachment 2071787
Right on, Cpurr! I have the screens and plenty of product. I’m just waiting for it to get colder so I can do it on my back porch. Have you seen the part about cleaning it with a nitrile glove? That looks pretty damn good to my uninitiated eyes! Good job! Nick has those videos all over if you can just find them! I’m impressed! Can’t wait to try it myself!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I made a batch of pot brownies last night! Now I have to make some regular brownies! Can’t have one without the other! Used up the last of my butter, so I will have to make some more in the next day or two!
B1414677 90ED 40E3 B425 EAADC1F3A866

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

View attachment 2071785
View attachment 2071786
View attachment 2071787
Yeah man! That’s rad!

cpurola

cpurola

I made a batch of pot brownies last night! Now I have to make some regular brownies! Can’t have one without the other! Used up the last of my butter, so I will have to make some more in the next day or two!View attachment 2071791
Brownies are great, but hubby makes chocolate cupcakes with the infused cannola oil I whip up and a box mix.
Works great for sleep. I use a similar oil and micro dose Lorna Doone cookies. Kids know not to call after 8PM. 😉

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Brownies are great, but hubby makes chocolate cupcakes with the infused cannola oil I whip up and a box mix.
Works great for sleep. I use a similar oil and micro dose Lorna Doone cookies. Kids know not to call after 8PM. 😉
Yeah, I don’t mess with this stuff before 6 PM either! Don’t function well while on it!🥴

Latest posts

Top Bottom