Bottom leaves turning yellow - please help :/

• Thread starter defarmer83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

defarmer83

Hi guys,

This is my first grow - the plant (White Widow feminised) is about 4.5 weeks along in veg with 18/6 light (100w LED at 50cm). Organic nuts mixed into the soil middle of week 4 at a conservative dosage: 'less is more'. I water about once in 3 days and that seems to be enough as I get run off and then wait for the top soil to dry nicely again before re-watering. The plant is growing great, however I noticed today that the bottom two leaves turned yellow over night! I'm really concerned/sad and not sure if this is normal or what to do... Would appreciate any help at all! ☹️

Bottom leaves turning yellow   please help
Bottom leaves turning yellow   please help 2
Bottom leaves turning yellow   please help 3
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Take this with salt but that's some real irregular growth

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Super nice plant. Ready for a good old # 5 trim.
Don't worry about the 2 yellow leaves. She is fine.

What are you feeding. She could use a little more.

Time to do this, and why.

Last edited:
D

defarmer83

Super nice plant. Ready for a good old # 5 trim.
Don't worry about the 2 yellow leaves. She is fine.

What are you feeding. She could use a little more.

Time to do this, and why.

Thanks so much! I forgot to mention she had a bit of a root aphid issue in week 1 (soil that I bought from the grow shop was tainted :/), but I managed to get it under control with 2 neem oil dunks in week 1, repotting and using predatory mites/nematodes. I haven't seen a single one for 3 weeks now and the plant started growing well so I assume that they are all toast.

I will give her a trim as soon as I am back home after the weekend. Since it's my first grow - I'm not really looking to get max. yield out of her, Just want to prove to myself that I can actually go from seed to harvest successfully. Could I therefore wait another week and switch to flowering (12/12)? Or would you suggest to wait on it (and if so about how long)?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I understand about the first grow. Sounds like it's kept you busy so far.
If you want to flower her flip her any time but she is pretty young yet.

I'd suggest you watch the above videos a couple of times then pinch the bud off at 5 node.
And remove the 2 leaves as shown to allow light at 3 and 4 node sights and give her at least 3 weeks.
Tie her down as shown. You may as well have some fun practice training and flower a real nice little plant as not.

Your fertilizer.
Seeing your in living soil. Compost and what ever else. She could use a bigger pot.
Double the pot size if you can, transplant her on the weekend. You can just use your fresh compost, Dump her out. Mix in enough compost to fill the new pot. Plant her in the new pot and pinch the top off at 5 node. It does not have to be fancy. 10 or 15 min and it's done.

If you still have Compost available.
Make her this using your Compost and Muskie instead of the fish fertilizer he made.
As you can see it's easy to make I just throw everything in a bucket. Mix it up and strain it into the watering can.
Put the used compost in the strainer back in the pile.
Your plant will love this Really.

This stuff is great ! I use it all the time in my living soil grows.

If you do this your plant will green up big time.
She will double in size in 3 weeks time and of course be all tied down nice and be ready to flip.

After Flipping
You want to keep her on this boosted tea for at least 3 weeks threw stretch.

Then cut the muskie in half for 2 weeks mid flowering stage and add some sort of blooming booster.
I use this Monster Bloom 0-50-30.

Add 1/8 tsp per gallon. every feed from the time you flip. A little bottle 130 Grams is about 20 bucks on Amazon
and will flower a few plants for you. 1/8 tsp is about 1 gram.
Monster Bloom 0-50-30

Then 2 weeks No Muskie, just compost tea and Monster Bloom.
She should be budded up real nice almost ready to harvest.
One week no tea, No Monster Bloom just water.

This is all super easy. An hour a week and you will have a super nice plant come harvest time.
You will be super happy.

In the mean time keep us posted. I'd love to see her progress.

Last edited:
D

defarmer83

Wow thanks so much for the info and tips man, really appreciate it! 🙂 I will take the tips and make the tea as well as move her to a larger pot and trim the node at #5 before flipping.

The root aphid issue is still in the back of my head and although I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks, I am afraid they will come back and murder the plant before I get a chance to harvest her. I think that's driving my anxiety to flower her early, harvest and subsequently toss everything in order to start again - fresh and without any darn root aphids.

Added another picture of her from another angle. I'll keep you posted on how things go - fingers crossed that the root aphids don't come back and kill her 😣

Screenshot 2024 04 12 at 125853
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
We’ve definitely got some issues here.

What kind of soil are you in?

What kind of light and how far and how intense?

Temps and humidity?

I feel something is going on, whether the light is too intense, your watering practices are off or you’re lacking nutrients.

Those yellow spots are throwing me off too, are you spraying the leaves with the lights on?

D

defarmer83

We’ve definitely got some issues here.

What kind of soil are you in?

What kind of light and how far and how intense?

Temps and humidity?

I feel something is going on, whether the light is too intense, your watering practices are off or you’re lacking nutrients.

Those yellow spots are throwing me off too, are you spraying the leaves with the lights on?

-> Soil is 70% plagron, 30% (top 1/3) tomato and chilli grow soil from the hardware store.
-> Light is 100 Watt Marshydro TS600 LED at 50cm distance from top of canopy.
-> Temp is 22.5c and 57-60% humidity

Not spraying leaves at all, only watering close to lights off - about 1.5L of water every 3 days (I get run off from the bottom of the plant pot). Fertiliser is the organic pellets which I mixed into the top soil.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm thinking if you keep the light 24 - 30 inches threw Veg your all set.
The plant has had a few issues but seems to be coming back. Cancel the organic pellets for now. If you just do as I posted and let the plant do it's thing she will be great long term. Just feed her the boosted compost tea pinch her off at #5 and let nature take over. You won't believe it's the same plant in 2 or 3 weeks.

D

defarmer83

The plant has had a few issues but seems to be coming back. Cancel the organic pellets for now. If you just do as I posted and let the plant do it's thing she will be great long term. Just feed her the boosted compost tea pinch her off at #5 and let nature take over. You won't believe it's the same plant in 2 or 3 weeks.
Awesome, thanks dude! Will do 🤓

D

defarmer83

Hey man! She's 1 week into flowering (12/12 light) at this point. Had some more recurrence of the root eaters - they are under control again. The bright green on the nodes - is this normal, or is she getting bleached from too much light?

I've got a 100watt LED about 12 inches away from the top of the canopy..

WhatsApp Image 2024 04 26 at 144528
Top Bottom