Branch Down:(

• Thread starter OGkusher420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Cut the branch off and stick it in a glass of water and see if a milky substance comes out in the water.... oops... nevermind.. its already been done.

I think its called Verticillium Wilt

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
For the record, I have done the water test on 10's of branches in the past. Never once did I get a milky substance. I have only ever had wilt once, and it killed the plant in a day. That same plant had dropped branches, but never had a milky substance when left in milk. However once wilt took over and killed the plant, the branches showed milkiness running out in water.

So, that should confuse things a little.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Another thing, wilt will come on in a weird way. It will have one branch droop, then pick back up. Next day, three branch droop, then the whole plant GONE. I notice when a plant drops a healthy branch, it droops till it dies.

Growfellaz

Growfellaz

If the plant is diseased the next stem up will come off with just a little pull. A stem on a healthy plant won't.
So when a branch does wilt I can pull it off with ease and it's brown where it's been pulled from but other branches on the plant are healthy and won't come off for anything...and iv never experienced a whole plant die in a few days luckily...its not happening as often as it was so I'm guessing it's not to serious I can handle a few bottom branches but not a whole plant!

BudBogart

BudBogart

So when a branch does wilt I can pull it off with ease and it's brown where it's been pulled from but other branches on the plant are healthy and won't come off for anything...and iv never experienced a whole plant die in a few days luckily...its not happening as often as it was so I'm guessing it's not to serious I can handle a few bottom branches but not a whole plant!
It has only happened when the branches weren't supported by caging or fencing. In fact, I put up support, no more droppage.

Top Bottom