Browning roots

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doubleds

What's 1 1/2 hp and 2 1/4 hp? :huh:

I was thinking it was the water pump - should I take out the airstone altogether then, and just go with iced bottles? Or keep the airstone and cool it down with iced bottles?

tHEY ARE WATER CHILLERS, ABOUT 3000$ WORTH.... LOL

Keep your airstone going as you need the air, fill 3 - 4 2l pop bottles 3/4 full and freeze them. Change the bottle every 7 or 8 hours, keep refreezing them as needed.
How big is your res ? That will make a difference how many bottles needed.

F

FastForward

tHEY ARE WATER CHILLERS, ABOUT 3000$ WORTH.... LOL

Keep your airstone going as you need the air, fill 3 - 4 2l pop bottles 3/4 full and freeze them. Change the bottle every 7 or 8 hours, keep refreezing them as needed.
How big is your res ? That will make a difference how many bottles needed.

The tank is only 15 litres, but I've only got it a fraction full at the moment to keep the roots out of the warm solution. I've got 2 500ml bottles in the freezer and will put one in a time to bring the temps down.

Thanks for the water cooler thing. Found this:

http://www.firststopaquatics.co.uk/acatalog/H.html

as about the cheapest I could find in the UK. That will sort me out nicely for whatever I use, but I just don't have the cash atm. Can I plumb two plastic pipes through the underside of my tank and run coolant through it? I figured the plastic pipes wouldn't be good enough heat exchange and only cause grief to my nutes if I used metals.

I've got the airstone out atm, but will put it back in once I've scrubbed and peroxided it...it and the tube and nasty....

F

FastForward

Ok, so if it's not one thing it's another. Now there are weird markings on the leaves, photos attached. The lights have been about 3" away (55w fluoro x 2 in sunmate prop reflect). I'm hoping it's just heat stress from the high humidity fuck up and will clear in a few days.

Anyone know what this is?

MG 3661 Large
 MG 3662 Large
 MG 3663 Large
 MG 3664 Large
 MG 3665 Large
 MG 3666 Large
 MG 3667 Large
 MG 3668 Large
 MG 3669 Large
 MG 3670 Large
 MG 3671 Large
budboy299

budboy299

I once made a chiller from a bottled water dispenser/cooler.
I killed all my plants because of the copper tubing but it did keep the nutes nice and cool. I imagine if you replaced the copper with stainless it would work like a charm for relatively cheap.
I will try and source the stuff out and do a DIY on it. Cool temps are definitely needed for DWC and some other hydro set-ups

G

Guano

You're sposed to wrap the copper in plastic bags or spraypaint it w/a rubber coating type spraypaint.

Top Bottom