Bud Factor X (replica) recipes

• Thread starter Blazinheavy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blazinheavy

Blazinheavy

So it seems it been several years that people have been trying to replicate bud factor x. Here’s my question: Are there any DIE HARD Bud Factor X Fans out there whom are extremely happy and confident with result that mirror bfx? Only die hard fans on AN and BFX please! I already know all the reasons why an is water and overpriced etc etc. my question is for those who love the product and have been using them for many many years. I’ve already studied all the posts and threads on here concerning BFX in great detail. Also other sites. I don’t need sources or science papers or anything like that.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
19 grams chitosan oligosaccharide per liter. 10ml of that concentrate will give you 50 ppm final solution.

I've got to warn you- chitosan makes trichome production at the expense of flower weight.

Blazinheavy

Blazinheavy

Thanks for the information bill. So mix 19g of the chitosan oligo into 1 liter. But then 10 ml of that concentrate goes into what to get 50 ppm? Do you feed it like a nute or do you foliar it? Also do u use vitamin b or salysylic or is that unnecessary. Also do you think that going a little heavier on carboload and/or bud candy could offset some of the weight reduction or is it inevitable?

Last edited:
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Thanks for the information bill. So mix 19g of the chitosan oligo into 1 liter. But then 10 ml of that concentrate goes into what to get 50 ppm? Do you feed it like a nute or do you foliar it? Also do u use vitamin b or salysylic or is that unnecessary. Also do you think that going a little heavier on carboload and/or bud candy could offset some of the weight reduction or is it inevitable?

5 grams per liter, 19 g per gallon to make the concentrate. 10 ml is 50 ppm per gallon. That was a typo. Always double check recipes you get on the internet with Hydrobuddy.

I used chitosan briefly foliar and drench. I only use kelp and fulvic concentrates as far as biostimulants now. The weight reduction from chitosan wasn't worth it.

F

FourAssedMonkey

I'm sorry to hear this stuff in a way. I have used the full AN line for a very long time and have never had any issues with weight when using the whole line in conjunction. I recently was on their website though and came across something interesting on the Bud Factor X page. It reads: "Guaranteed Anaylsis - 0.5% Magnesium (derived from magnesium nitrate). Now this has me curious. I had huge containers of my stuff and only recently ran out of Bud Factor X and when it was time to reup, the site did not have it and it was extremely hard to come by. With further research I learned that the damned government had forced them to stop making it due its chitosan content supposedly and that they had to reformulate. I don't know well enough inside the industry to know what is going on but I am now curious as to whether it is really just Magnesium now or if that is all they put on the site to keep people from making their own. If that is the case, why is the price still so damned high. The OG recipe included chitosan, silacylic acid, and harpin protein and if they were forced to cut all of that out, there is absolutely no sense in paying the price that they charge for a bottle although if it's just magnesium when one could just bump up theie calmag a cunthair Most times I get my nutes from D.A.N.S. but, even there, AN is not cheap.

Newty

Newty

$80+ 1L, that's quite expensive!

GH Purpinator and Terpinator is marketed as doing what the BFX does, is there any similarities with these products or is there major differences that makes the BFX more desirable?

F

FourAssedMonkey

$80+ 1L, that's quite expensive!

GH Purpinator and Terpinator is marketed as doing what the BFX does, is there any similarities with these products or is there major differences that makes the BFX more desirable?
Absolutely not even in the same league. I use the entire line of AN products and have zero complaints. As far as Purpinator and Terpinator I have used them and have been quite pleased with the results, I however, wouldn't use the purpinator. It unfortunately didn't seem to make much difference in cole expression of my known purple/black strains. I ran a side by side run, 3 each of 3 strains that I have that almost always go purple in each half of a 5x9 tent with Grower's Choice ROI-E750's so they would all have the same exact environmental conditions as well. I did clone only so the plants would express exactly same, one with terpinator and one with purpinator. The three strains were Purple Russian Express from Kalashnikov Seeds, Chemical Bride from Greenhouse Seed Company, and Mimosa X Orange Punch from Barney's Farm. The run lasted 13-14 weeks from clone and the differences were minimal. The Purpinator Purple Russian Express plants did seem a little more "purple" as opposed to it's more black appearance once it was dried and cured. The Chemical Bride came out almost dark red with hints of purple on both sides and the Mimosa X Orange punch looked just like the picture they post on the seed pages. The experiment had a side comparison though. The three plants that I cut clones off of all went into my 3x6 tent under 3 old Platinum P600's and didn't get any of the Rhizoflora stuff, but instead got all Remo Nutrients with Terpenez and Powdered Kool Bloom and alternating feedings with compost tea twice a week as well as an end of run top dressing of Fox Farm Cavern Culture High Phosphorus bat guano to have a hybrid organic run. Everything was frosty AF but the blurple LEDs and hybrid organic frosted out more, and tasted and smelled better. They yielded more as well but I'm pretty sure that was only becasue they were the original root mothers for the comparison as it were. My honest opinion, If you're willing to spend the dough, always go with advanced. A lot of people hate on it and trash talk, but there is a reason that more than half of the big names in the industry use it. When it comes to a choice between Terpinator or Purpinator, unless you are sure of the genetic expression of your ladies, I wouldn't bother with the purpinator and save a few bucks getting terpinator. People do go out of their way to try and mix and match stuff from diffrent companies but unless you're really dialled in on knowing what each thing does with your NPK bottom line, just stick to one system and boosters that don't have a huge value in the NPK area and focus elsewhere in the development. I hope that answers your question. One more variable here, I am using Terpinator currently since Rhizoflora was bought out by Hawthorne and I won't know for about two months whether or not they ruined it like they did half of the rest of the GH line by diluting it to sell less of the actual mix and more water in the bottle. I'm hoping that isn't the case but I will be sure to jump back on and let you know how it goes. As far as my prior experience with the stuff, it does work quite well, but it's just not the same as Bud Factor X and Hawthorne buying the Rhizoflora brand doesn't do it any favors as Hawthorn (Mansantos, Scott's Miracle Grow) just buys up companies and they don't actually know dick about cannabis as well as they sell shit that has been giving farmers cancer for generations (RoundUp).

Top Bottom