Bud rot

• Thread starter radmom619
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

radmom619

Hello we have recently experienced bud rot on one of our buds. We thought it was just one and we cut it out but today we notice more so we just harvested the whole plant early now with that being said, should we spray it with hydrogen peroxide water mixture to kill any mold that may be on the other buds? I have read some of the threads about it and that’s the conclusion that we have come to then after we do that we’re just gonna let it dry out. We had to put it in our garage away from our other plants and grow tent. I’m not sure the temperature and humidity out there so I don’t want the mold to grow and get worse. Any suggestions are appreciated, and we also want to make sure that this does not happen again.
Thank you
Christina and Kevin

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Hello there! Any idea on what could actually cause the rot? I mean, if it is on the buds but not on the roots or steam, then there should be a reason, perhaps pests or too much humidity or so? Probably should cure the source, and for that it needs to be estimated

Z

Zill

C&K,

Don’t spray H2O2. Depending on the level of PM others have attempted to wash off the spores with water. Yes, segregate the infected plants.

How are you growing - indoors or outside?

K

Kamisama

Is it hydro, coco or peat, soil u grow in? Usually we mix h2o2 with water, that ll kill all the bacterias and soak roots.
Next time for prevention use some myco or other beneficial bacterias, silica.

Z

Zill

H2O2 affects only rapidly grow bacteria and fungi. It does nothing to fungal or bacterial spores. The peroxide your applying is probably oxidizing the hell out of the terpinoids cannabinoids.

If you’re growing in a tent you will need to disinfect the tent. Look into a product called spor-klenz. Wipe the interior with spor-klenz. Good and wet. Let us sit, residence time. Then remove the residue with either H2O2 or isopropyl alcohol. Make sure to get under flaps, seams, etc..

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

there's nothing that can be done to clean mold, all affected part must be discarded.

mold can sometime continue to spread while drying depending your environnemental conditions so inspect them carefully before and after drying.

K

Kamisama

If u ve mold on stem, u can try H2O2 but doesnt work perfectly... The best is to take it off and end up very carefull to no sprinkle that mold everywhere else too... Turn off fans, when u ll do it.

Top Bottom