Butter get some help with this one

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

Hello lovely people,

So my mates dad is having radiography(kimo) treatment and has asked me to make some butter.

I have infused the butter and separated it from the water and now have a good block. I need to heat the butter again to portion it up into 10g blocks, but want to know if I can use it as an opportunity to get rid of a bit more of the water content?
For example if I boil gently will I be able to remove some of the remaining water without any detriment to the butter?

Below is a link to the process i used.

Thanks in advance lovely people.

@MIGrampaUSA

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The water should have separated when it cooled.

If you feel it’s too runny maybe warm it up, don’t boil just warm it till it’s runny again and then put it back in the fridge to see if much separates however normally it should be good as it is be interesting to see if it does make a difference tbh

The_word

The_word

Yeah it was just a little damp on the bottom side. I wanted to see if it would get the last remaining bits out. I just warmed it on a low heat and poured it into 10g doses, using silicon icecube trays.

I filtered the butter and water mix before putting it into to the fridge to separate. I ran the mixture through a 100, 200 and then twice through a 400 mesh strainer to remove any remaining plant matter from the butter. It was painstaking but worth the effort I think. This is my 1st time doing it and I haven't tasted much of it yet, but it looks very nice in colour and consistency.

I haven't to memory ever tried a proper edible so am a bit cautious about eating any. I imagine it will fuck me up for a number of hours hahaha let's see. I used a 60% Strong super lemon haze and 40% oflow thc Argens strawberry haze. I actually made it for my best mate's dad who is in Kimo at the moment and in a pretty bad way. So I made him up the butter and hope it will help him out. Any tips or ways to improve are, as always, more than welcome. Like I say this is my first shot at it.

One question I do have is, I seem to have lost like 150g of butter through the process and I have no idea how. If it was say 20 to 30g I probably wouldn't even ask. The only place i can imagine it may have gone could have been during the cooking process. I left the pot on a simmer for about 2.5 hours at the recommend temps etc but other than that i have nonidea where so much could have gone. Who knows.

Hope everyone is having a great day,
Peace ✌️

20230917 114336
20230919 104356
20230919 104735
20230919 104741
The_word

The_word

If anyone can help me out with dosing this stuff. I used 28g of bud.
15g of Super Lemon Haze GHS (20%thc cured and dried over 4 months)
13g of Arjen Strawberry Haze (this plant was from a previous crop that suffered light stress which affected the strength but not the classic flavour and smell.

So as I said before, I started with 1Lb of butter (454g) 950ml of fresh tap water. After everything the final weight of the butter was 296g. So I am calculating (296 ÷ 28 = 10.6g) meaning that each 10.6g block contains roughly the equivalent of 1g of bud. Is that right? LoL 😆

20230920 013414
20230920 013427
BB22

BB22

I ve only made butter once. It worked really well ✌️

I mixed into some cookies. I realized that I need to work on making sure that the butter is mixed in evenly.

Good luck

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Guess you could of lost some butter on the Muslim cloth or whatever you used to strain it. Sry numbers ain’t my game a little goes a long way mind looks like you’ve plenty to go around 👍🙂

Top Bottom