Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
inthegorge

inthegorge

Well....all those 560 clones my new cannabis converts and I cut yesterday and placed so lovingly in my home made cloners.....my other partner unplugged the extension cord that powered the 4 water pumps and 1 air pump that controlled the airstones yesterday evening when he left the building:-( My daughter discovered it this morning when she stopped in to check and see if anything needed watering....felt like I got hit with a truck when she told me! She of course turned them back on and misted them all really well. I got there about an hour later and most of them had perked back up so I kept on misting them every so often and by the end of the day they all look really good, perky and healthy so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that they will come out all right. I emailed my partner about it and his reply was "fucking sucks...maybe next time we will need to put a "do not unplug" sign up"! Ummmm....excuse me???? Don't unplug anything unless it is on the schedule! In our area 560 clones costs about $5600 bucks to buy:-(( We are not trying to save on the power bill here!!!! Training the partner might be the most difficult part of the job:-/

Tank333

Tank333

Oh man! How do you not pay attention to what you are unplugging??? Lol

On a side note, what size of neoprene and netpots do you have there in your cloner? I use those same totes from Home DePot, and have beeen planning to make one into a cloner! But the lady at the hydro shop I go to tried to tell me they don't make anything smaller than 2" netpots anymore. Those look to be about 3/4"-1"...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Maybe it's time to start putting together a P&P (policy and procedure) for the warehouse, itg. Instead of taping up signs everywhere, make sure everyone's on the same page from the start.

FWIW, I did something similar once. My first job at an aquarium shop, I was being trained on closing after working there a few months. Part of the closing procedure was shutting down the saltwater filtration system so that mechanical filtration pads could be changed out. The filtration has to be turned back on afterward. But, I forgot. I got there the next morning for training on opening and the store owner was HOPPING mad! But I copped to it immediately, felt horrible. Fortunately there were no livestock losses, and it served as a good lesson to me.

inthegorge

inthegorge

You would think that anyone involved in this business would be careful about unplugging anything wouldn't you?

I am not using any net pots Tank, since I just plant them in soil I really don't need them but it is a bit more delicate dealing with the neoprene collars in the holes and every once in a while someone with clumsy fingers pushed one all the way through the lid and I have to lift it up and fish it out but if you are just careful that does not normally happen. The neoprene collars I made myself, bought 10 sheets of neoprene for about 15 bucks for all of them so that was way cheaper than buying the pre-made collars. I just sanitize the heck out of them in between batches of clones along with the whole cloner. They seem to work very well as long as no dumb asses unplug them:-/ These tubs do leak though pretty bad if you don't do something to make a gasket of some kind with the lid. I tried a couple of things but settled on a strip of plastic (like black or white plastic sheeting) about 7 inches wide and as long as the sides of the tub and I just accordion fold it and place it in the "channel" of the side of each lid....it sort of just slides in there....and then it is just a few drips every so often. Otherwise it just rains water out which makes a mess and eventually drains your water. If you figure out something for a gasket that is not an issue though.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Maybe it's time to start putting together a P&P (policy and procedure) for the warehouse, itg. Instead of taping up signs everywhere, make sure everyone's on the same page from the start.

FWIW, I did something similar once. My first job at an aquarium shop, I was being trained on closing after working there a few months. Part of the closing procedure was shutting down the saltwater filtration system so that mechanical filtration pads could be changed out. The filtration has to be turned back on afterward. But, I forgot. I got there the next morning for training on opening and the store owner was HOPPING mad! But I copped to it immediately, felt horrible. Fortunately there were no livestock losses, and it served as a good lesson to me.

Absolutely and I have actually already done that. We even made chalkboards in each room of the building with chalkboard paint for messages to each other about anything specific including schedule for plants etc. My partner was just trying to save a penny on electricity and instead almost cost us about $5600 as that is what it would have cost to replace all these potential little ladies. When there are many hands in the pudding confusion is close by:-/ As you say though...nothing is a better learning lesson than doing something incorrectly that has negative consequences though. I will bet he is more careful in the future!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dang, you are SO organized! I'm ashamed of myself, I'm nothing resembling. D'oh! :o

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thats the biggest reasons I do not use aerocloners anymore at all..I have killed so many clones it would make your head spin..you have to unplug the pumps to check and service and my retarded ass hasn't plug them back in so many times and also it is kind of a pain in the ass to take aero clones forward if your not continuing in an aero type system..the roots are not reall dug into your media and your main maristems stay all floppy and have to be supported top keep them upright until the do get their legs...at least you caught them in a nick of time before total loss

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I run my cloner 15 on 15 off, that way when its time to check roots or service the system you can just click it off and 15 minutes later its on again. Also helps keep the heat of your water down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I run my cloner 15 on 15 off, that way when its time to check roots or service the system you can just click it off and 15 minutes later its on again. Also helps keep the heat of your water down.
Exactly what I do... err.. did, when I was using it. I'm having far better success using perlite, it just takes a lot longer to get the clones grown out.

inthegorge

inthegorge

My daughter left one of them unplugged when I first made them and it was off for about 6 hours but everything made it fine and all of the 560 clones we took on Sunday, even after they were off for at least 8 hours, are all doing fine. I agree...there is too much room for error but .....I can bang out 1400 at a time in the 10 I made and that is pretty critical to us right now. On top of that since I will be one of the first few licenses issued there will be about 1590 more people starting up after us and they will all need clones....so those 67 strains just might come in handy after all. We might be able to sell a bunch to other folks as they need them and I would not rape anyone with my price that is for sure. Even if I don't sell a one of them there are at least 6 other growers that I already promised them to:-) I think after we get open I should make even more cloners and just keep them going as much as I can. Right now I have 1400 in the cloners and 275 in rock wool along with all the little ladies that I have already cloned so we are getting closer to where I wanted to be when we open. Out of the last 700 that I got out of the cloners I only lost 6 of them after I put them into soil so that is a pretty good ratio. I never had any issues just using rockwool but the cloners do seem to be faster especially with the big airstones in them and now that they are made they don't cost anything at all except a little power.

Yes Medusa...the gorge is great:-) I live in the area called the Wall...the only house with beach access anywhere close. Perfect for windsurfing or sail boarding. We do hope to use solar panels and put in a wind turbine in our near future at WOW Weed. It would be great to have a smaller carbon footprint to be used as a model for what can be done when we can do this out in the open!

Our Liquor Control Board inspection is next Tuesday! Still so much to do but we will be done somehow, some way, but I am getting close to running on empty. Only about 4 hours of sleep last night and that just is not enough for this old broad! So far only 6 licenses have been issued so I might just make it in the first 10 but for sure in the first 20! Off to bed so I can be rested for the crazy ass busy day I have tomorrow! My oldest daughter is doing some logo art work in our building and here is a sample. I love it but I told her I need to teach her how to draw a weed leaf and that these ones look like starfish:-) Also a view from our building with Mt. Hood in the distance! I know the fence is not attractive but it puts us in compliance with the state so it is gorgeous to me!
IMG 06801
IMG 0792

inthegorge

inthegorge

That would be right up my alley Seamaiden...everyone says I was born a tour guide:-)

Tomorrow is the Liquor Board inspection!!!!! We have been working so hard to have EVERYTHING ready and now find out all they care about at the inspection is security cameras, alarm systems, that our scale works and that our layout is like we said it was....:-/ Some people that have been licensed have nothing except an empty shell with security cameras and alarms done! Wish they would have spelled this out better but we should pass with flying colors:-) We are ready to turn our lights on as soon as they say go so I guess we are a bit more ahead of the curve than most people trying to get their licenses. Lots of work to be done today and tomorrow will be a huge scramble to get everything perfect and move a ton of plants.

Hopefully tomorrow evening I can breath a humongous sigh of relief.....wish me luck:-)

burn4me

burn4me

Got my fingers crossed for you. Man im so jealous of your digs. So nice in there id just pop a cot in there and live in there. Taking apps? I can be 100 times better than dogs.....lmao looks good though best wishes

inthegorge

inthegorge

So....guess who just got their LEGAL license from the lovely state of WA to legally grow 7000 square feet of marijuana canopy.....ME:)))) The first licensee in Klickitat County and one of the first 15 in the whole state!!!! Just got home and I am absolutely drained but had to just let you know. Waited until 5:30 this evening for the inspectors to get there and they were blown away by our set up, how good our cameras covered everything and took over 50 pictures to show other potential licensee's hot to be in compliance! They asked us where we got out camera systems and how much they cost.............where our fence coverings came from and how much they cost......where we got our lights from and were they a good price....where we found insurance and did we shop around......all sorts of questions that could benefit other potential growers that they are working with:))) Now we will have 15 days to bring whatever plants we want onto the premises and then it is all up to us to do the best job we can. We had a 26' Uhaul parked in the lot next door with all the babies in it the whole time. I imagine most of you know exactly how I feel but WOW.....it is just so wonderful to be in this place, in this time and so much to look forward to:) Making history in WA state!

Top Bottom