Calling all hydro growers! Need to hear experiences.

• Thread starter AZreefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AZreefer

I am a future hydro grower that needs a good team of experienced growers to share sucess and horror stories both. Im probably 3 months away from my hydro build being taken from my mind to reality. Im constructing a rdwc system with 4x 10 gallon buckets, a cooler and all the bells and whistles needed. Seems like a support system of experience is a good way to gain knowledge as i save up, purchase and build the different parts of my system.

Ive already had some very good suggestions and opinions in different threads. I welcome all opinions and encourage hearing conflicting opinions and differences of.

My reason for wanting to start my growing adventure with rdwc is my experience with pools. Building, plumbing, wiring and maintaining. Im on point with keeping bodies of water balanced. I do maintaince at a fancy resort so the work involved in keeping this system balanced is not scary to me. Also as i learn and progress i plan on automating as much of my nutrient balancing as i can (im very savvy with automated chemical feeders). I am not afraid to spend money on my set where needed (i just need to plan and save accordingly) because i know some equipment is better.

I woukd love to hear techincal specs of sucessfull systems if i can.

P

Putthataway

AZ as well. I won’t ask you to post what resort but I probably have been there. I was actually given a free night stay because a Lincoln log was floating in the pool. I am a germaphobe cut the stay short. They acknowledged the free day on my next visit and didn’t honor it upon check out. Fuckers.

A

AZreefer

Im proud of my work. Hotel valley ho in old town scottsdale. My pools are log free. 99% of the time my pools are child free because were more about parties here.

K

Kamisama

Do rather HPA with pressure tank of 10bar or more... if u didnt make already holes in the buckets.
Its more savy, less water, less nutes and bigger yields.
Similar cost unless u wanna use also air compressor.
Almost all components very cheap in aliexpress (around 100usd) except buckets, pressure tank (around 30usd), diaphragm pump (130+PSI and around 100-150usd)

Last edited:
A

AZreefer

Do rather HPA with pressure tank of 10bar or more... if u didnt make already holes in the buckets.
Almost all components very cheap in aliexpress (around 100usd) except buckets, pressure tank (around 30usd), diaphragm pump (130+PSI and around 100-150usd)

This is an all new concept for nute delivery for me. I need to do more research on HPA now. At this point i have not drilled. I have only put up my 5x5 gorilla tent. Next step in ventiation and circ then lights and controls then plumbing. I still have plenty of time for alterations and improvements

A

AZreefer

Im a big fan of less water. Im now going to put isolation valves on each bucket so i can shut off, drain and swap out buckets1 or 2 at a time each week so im always putting in a clean buckets.

A

AZreefer

I read through your builds. The hpa is way beyond my level. Very interesting though.

Top Bottom