Can Anyone Tell Me If This Is Normal?

• Thread starter Jjaynutz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jjaynutz

I run a sealed room. CO2 is ineffective during lights out. Lights go off at midnight and so will the CO2. I am suffocating these bastards and I will drown the rest tomorrow.

wmmp barker

wmmp barker

I run a sealed room. CO2 is ineffective during lights out. Lights go off at midnight and so will the CO2. I am suffocating these bastards and I will drown the rest tomorrow.
Rember that fungus gnats like wet conditions you don't have to necessarily use the same thing I do but I would try to find something that would kill them off it would be nice if someone else had some comments on what they use because I have not had too many run-ins with them. I could also use some advice from other people or the knowledge that they have.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Two inch thick layer of sand never fails, they suffocate trying to crawl out of the sand and the ones flying cant get to the top layer of dirt to lay new eggs. They will go somewhere else, it will take a week or two but they wont come back in numbers. Seeing one every now and then is inevidable, they are everywhere.

J

Jjaynutz

I am going right to the local shop to get the sm90 and see what else they suggest. I'll follow up on the formula and results as things progress.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I second the sand....but only a 1/4" layer with some aggregate like some clay pebbles on top to disperse watering without the sand being disrupted

J

Jjaynutz

Rember that fungus gnats like wet conditions you don't have to necessarily use the same thing I do but I would try to find something that would kill them off it would be nice if someone else had some comments on what they use because I have not had too many run-ins with them. I could also use some advice from other people or the knowledge that they have.
Hey,

Did your plants recover ok? If so, how long did they take. Do you have any before and after pics?

Wisher619

Wisher619

plants will do fine....you really dont even have to kill them.....just sand and call it a day.....when the media dries they try to crawl out and cant because of the sand so they die....and the mom's cant get in to lay more eggs so they just die.....they only live a few days.....if you use the sand or gnat-nix or something....you will notice that within a week you wont see another gnat......I've been doing this for ever......
an old trick I first learned for protecting potted house plants

J

Jjaynutz

Guess who's back....the rookie that's about to kill every plant in his garden. Lol.

Ok, so it's not bugs and I really can't say what it is. The Blue Dream that started so lovely now looks like this....
All I have done is foliar feed with Cal Mag the past few days. I was so shocked to see this plant like this that I immediately transplanted it. I needed to see the roots weren't being chewed and if it was possibly root bound. I don't think it was either.

It just went into a 10 gallon pot of FFOF. Could this possibly be too much Cal Mag?

Wisher619

Wisher619

dude you have to water it.....like actually water it.....ph 6.5 water and soak it until the entire pot and media is completely saturated and there is water comming out the bottom
that shit is drier then the fucking desert
I can tell by the fact that it is super limp....there is no "blood pressure"
no pressure means no water in the veins.....over watered will be droopy but the stems will still be firm .....under waterd will look....well exactly like the picture....actually it is a perfect example .....super limp.....i bet you can squeeze the stems without as much as 1 single broken fiber......no pressure means no water

Last edited:
J

Jjaynutz

Is it possible these need a drink everyday? I have been so afraid to overwater that I have talked myself out of it sometimes.

Wisher619

Wisher619

yes.....like I stated way back when.....water till saturated....then lift the pot.....it will be hella heavy......when the media starts to dry and you see the plant begin to slightly fall or droop when drying.....that means soak again.....and I dont mean just a splash of water......I mean like half gallon or more per plant......

I wish I had a time laps camera so I can record how it works with my lettuce......it gives a great example and is really easy to demonstrate

J

Jjaynutz

Well, it had some water and looks allot better. Don't think I am crazy it's just hard trying to figure this shit all out. The Sour D likes it almost bone dry, that's when it looks it's best. The Blue Dream seemed to handle overwatering but under watering is an ugly thing. It's coming together.

Thank you

Wisher619

Wisher619

no.....dont give it some water......I have been growing since the 90's.....I would never try to steer you wrong......soak the pot....like soak it completely.....water draining out the bottom.....super heavy...soggy.....and then let it be for a while.....like a couple of days.......watch the top layer and you will notice that the top layer will start to dry...the pot will start to get lighter......the plants will stay lookin good......you will then see when it actually needs water again....first the leaves will start to droop a little and then very quickly it will turn into what yours looks like.....so when the leaves get a little droopy.....you soak the media again....not a splash....or some water....but for your size....I would say half a gallon
when they are still in veg....and the frequency of which you have to water increases....that tells you that you need to up-pot.....during flower.....you just increase watering....
very easy.......if you have a scale.....you should weigh your plant when it is almost dry.....then weigh it completely soaked.....when the pot is about half the weight that means it has lost about 50% of its moisture and needs to be watered to full saturation again

J

Jjaynutz

I have been soaking these fuckers until I see a decent amount of runoff. It's just a newbie mistake that I was fooled into thinking "there's no way they're drinking this fast." I was overwatering every 3 days and now it needs water everyday?! I get it now though. I feel like these things will be ready for a soaking tomorrow night. We shall see.

Wisher619

Wisher619

this is a good video
and you might already get it ....but this video just shows exactly what I was trying to relay
yeah when they grow....they drink alot....but judging by your root mass.....I believe you were just under watering....

Wisher619

Wisher619

these are roots that would drink every day....actually 3x a day
if you are soaking....it should be at least 2 days....judging by your root development

J

Jjaynutz

Got it.

So, I realized something else as I was watering and I believe this was the reason my plants in one room were fine and the others looked like shit. The ones that looked like shit had a fan right on them and also the recirculated air from my Can Filter blowing directly on them. I rotated these plants a few days ago and the one that came away from the recirculated air started looking better. It looked like N toxicity but the leaves are uncurling now. The Dream went in its spot and like that, it started shitting the bed. I rerouted that ducting from the filter along the ceiling.

I am so happy I decided to test my flower room before flowering. Trying to figure this shit out in Bloom would be a nightmare. I figured unless I invest in more HPS I'll never get another chance to try vegging under it. The t5's are running beautifully. The plants aren't as big or full, but the problems with nute burn, over and underwatering are not nearly as escalated. I think I may actually flip the vegging plants to flower this weekend. They are only 15" tall but lst has them really really bushy. Any tips on the transition from T5 to 2 X 1000w HPS Raptor 8's? Dim the lights to 75%, maybe 50% the first few days? 36 hours of darkness before the flip?

Also, checkout this little fucker that started growing hairs 1.5 weeks after sprouting. 18/6 lighting, no clue why the flower but it looks cool

Wisher619

Wisher619

looks like an auto flower
as for the transition.....just keep the lights high.......as high as they will go.....and bring them down an inch or so every few days until you have reached 24" above canopy....then keep them that distance

Wisher619

Wisher619

oh yeah those coco plants you should be watering every day....complete saturation with full nutrients....every watering....

Latest posts

Top Bottom