Can someone give me advice on LST?

• Thread starter RePotHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RePotHead

RePotHead

Can someone give me advice on LST? I'm growing autoflowers they are on week two soon week three

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Can someone give me advice on LST? I'm growing autoflowers they are on week two soon week three
I haven't grown auto-flowering plants, but my understanding is they should be left alone. So, no training or pruning.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Hey ✌️
Imo LST- Training is worth to do, whether it's a photoperiod or autoflowering plant!
You want a nice, even canopy and a sea of flowers during flowertime, then you can archive that due to LST training.
Good advices from Fast Buds, pictures and videos included, check em out.
Fast Buds LST
Here is my current Lst-trained Strawnana Auto on my second run, I started LST in preflower so I am a little late on this one..

You start pulling the stems in a 90° angle down and let them just grow horizontal not vertically like they want to.
Use a soft coated wire or LST clips which bend them in a 90° angle.
The lower nodes will develope better, re-adjust the wires every couple of days when there is a new node, you start strapping them down as well.
Don't start LST too early and always go easy on em, not like me 😂 the plant has to be healthy before you start the Training.
Good luck and have fun, you'll see a difference soon! Also possible during flower period. Keep us updated.
Happy 420 everyone!
IMG 20240302 154134
IMG 20240302 154140
IMG 20240302 154222

RePotHead

RePotHead

Hey ✌️
Imo LST- Training is worth to do, whether it's a photoperiod or autoflowering plant!
You want a nice, even canopy and a sea of flowers during flowertime, then you can archive that due to LST training.
Good advices from Fast Buds, pictures and videos included, check em out.
Fast Buds LST
Here is my current Lst-trained Strawnana Auto on my second run, I started LST in preflower so I am a little late on this one..

You start pulling the stems in a 90° angle down and let them just grow horizontal not vertically like they want to.
Use a soft coated wire or LST clips which bend them in a 90° angle.
The lower nodes will develope better, re-adjust the wires every couple of days when there is a new node, you start strapping them down as well.
Don't start LST too early and always go easy on em, not like me 😂 the plant has to be healthy before you start the Training.
Good luck and have fun, you'll see a difference soon! Also possible during flower period. Keep us updated.
Happy 420 everyone!
View attachment 2129505View attachment 2129508View attachment 2129511
Thank you so much!!

M

Mikedensman4

Once they have 4 nodes LST is ok. If in hydroponics you can get rid of the biggest fan leaves. Defoliated last year crop in hydroponics, one plant produced 400g dry

B

Budclarkson

I use rope and support the bottom in one direction, and then near the top bend the opposite direction. I use a loose loop at the branch and tie to the bag hole or strap. Bend the top down slowly over time to avoid pinching/breaking the stalk and stressing it out.

I tried the adjustable clips but they put a lot of stress with a tight bend radius Just use rope and plastic garden wire.

I end up doing it late as the damn Autos grow so fast. Keeps the height in check also.

Here is one I just started to bend. Will do it gradually over the next few days until it’s horizontal. Then tweak the other branches as necessary as they grow.
IMG 9734

quirk

quirk

With my autos, I wait for a somewhat mature fifth node (day 20), while the roots develop and provide a firm base before I break apical dominance. From there it's just tying down nodes around the pot, exposing bud sites and their leaves by preventing overlap as much as possible. I strive for the anatomy seen in the last pic. Good growing to you.

Equal and opposite
End results
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Once they have 4 nodes LST is ok. If in hydroponics you can get rid of the biggest fan leaves. Defoliated last year crop in hydroponics, one plant produced 400g dry
You don’t need to wait that long to start lst
Defoliation isn’t tied to hydro nor can you say you got 400 grams because you defoliated you have no idea what the plant would have produced if you hadn’t

G

Growth

There's two methods.

1. Tie the entire main stem down parallel to the edge of the pot and every few days/week, spin it more around the pot, like you're making a giant circle.
2. Tie each large stem down parallel the pot and leave them.

Not sure which works better though.

Top Bottom