Cannatrol operation question about temperature

• Thread starter Jeffdaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jeffdaman

Jeffdaman

I got a cannatrol and have had it drying and curing a white widow I have harvested. The dew point has been solid at 54-56 dew point. But temp has me concerned. The unit is set at 68 but I have in a garage in Florida well the unit climbs into the low to mid 70s during the day and goes back to normal at night. Do you think it will affect the flowers?

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Just received mine recently and running my first harvest through. From what I understand, fairly consistent room temperature is necessary to keep the equilibrium stable inside the unit. I believe they say the connatrol is able to keep a stable temperature inside the unit +\- 10 degrees of the room temperature. Example my garage currently is around 56 degrees and inside the cannatrol is 67.5-68.0 range. Have not used in summer months yet but I do live at high 8k elevation in the mountains.

So far I am loving it and is very helpful not having to change my tent into a drying environment, this lets me continue my garden journey. It’s definitely a bite the bullet kind of purchase with great benefits in the long run I feel.

My couple of cons so far… what you pay for I feel it’s missing a few key options for 2024. No WiFi for date monitoring or tweaking purposes which everything comes with now days, this is my biggest complaint. Next would be how the computer box Velcros to the top of the box and the tablet pen should come with a magnet for storing. Of course we can mod these things some but for that price range, it shouldn’t be a question. Of course the size could have been larger but that’s everything in my hobby grow haha! Im sure they will release a slightly larger option right as I purchase this…

Let me know how it’s going with your?

Thanks

O

oldcarp

Just received mine recently and running my first harvest through. From what I understand, fairly consistent room temperature is necessary to keep the equilibrium stable inside the unit. I believe they say the connatrol is able to keep a stable temperature inside the unit +\- 10 degrees of the room temperature. Example my garage currently is around 56 degrees and inside the cannatrol is 67.5-68.0 range. Have not used in summer months yet but I do live at high 8k elevation in the mountains.

So far I am loving it and is very helpful not having to change my tent into a drying environment, this lets me continue my garden journey. It’s definitely a bite the bullet kind of purchase with great benefits in the long run I feel.

My couple of cons so far… what you pay for I feel it’s missing a few key options for 2024. No WiFi for date monitoring or tweaking purposes which everything comes with now days, this is my biggest complaint. Next would be how the computer box Velcros to the top of the box and the tablet pen should come with a magnet for storing. Of course we can mod these things some but for that price range, it shouldn’t be a question. Of course the size could have been larger but that’s everything in my hobby grow haha! Im sure they will release a slightly larger option right as I purchase this…

Let me know how it’s going with your?

Thanks
I bit the bullet and got one in March and I just now tried some that I had in paper bags for 5 days while I was waiting on mine to arrive, so I had a 5-day jump on the drying cycle. Placed it in there for 3 Days of drying and it turned out fabulous and it hasn't even cured yet! I love it! I understand what you say about the Wi-Fi but if you think about it this is a set it and forget it type unit so there's really no need to change the setting while you're on vacation or if you're in the other room
I do think it's ridiculous that for that price they want you to pay an extra $45 to have the door tinted, which I think should be automatically tinted anyway, because when you're drying your buds you don't want light to hit it correct? Plus the fact that if you want it tinted all they do is send you a piece of tint and you have to put it on yourself! You can buy window tint at Amazon for $8.99
Another thing I don't care for is the ridiculous price for some extra shelves so I plan on just making some homemade shells myself because frankly I really don't see how somebody can get two and a half pounds of bud in them six small trays!
That's about the only measly complaints I have about the thing! Other than that I think it's completely awesome
Now there's a question about these settings
I am currently using the factory default settings because it's brand new and I haven't tried anything else but I read a different forum about a guy (BrasilianReptilian) who had had his for a couple years and his drying settings are:
65 ° with a 49.5 dew point for 10 days and curing was set at 63° with dew point set at 50.5 and he used no slope and used the step setting instead.
All of these setting references were in regards to a post that someone had regarding Cannatrol and the buds not having much smell to them
So I plan on doing some experimenting myself and hope others try it too by trying different batches at different settings besides the default settings and see what actually happens to the bud.
I'm sure can Cannatrol has done plenty of experiments to know what happens to the bud at different levels of temperature and dewpoint, I'm surprised they don't have a chart for that!
So I guess that's for us to find out LOL

lenhug

lenhug

Another new owner here as well. I bit the bullet as well as there's just no way I can control my environment to my liking here in SoCal and half ruined a previous grow because of it. Pricey yes but I see it as an investment which takes all the hassle away.

I've only done one run on the recommended settings so far to get a baseline but plan to differentiate with my next run starting this weekend.

I've also been reading up on other suggested settings and had a chat to a knowledgeable poster on the reddit forum called Riest. He seems to have a lot of experience with it and recommends the following settings to everyone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cannatrolusers/comments/153vm9n/cannatrol_drycure_set_ups/

I’m happy to share with all the growmies.

10 day dry Slope

Dry: 68 dry bulb 57.5 dew point

Cure: 68 dry bulb 54.7 dew point

I take out after the 10 days and throw in mason jars. Hope this helps.

So I'm going to give that a whirl as the longer, sloped drying makes sense to me. It'll be interesting to compare our outcomes and swap tips hopefully.

Regards the buds not having much smell, isn't that what's expected as the cannatrol seals the terps in far more (so you're losing less of them) so less smell but once you break them open to use it pours out of them so to speak. Certainly done that for me so far.

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Any other owners out there want to join in or put their head above the parapet? 😉

Would love to hear more real world experience.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Turps are very volatile and don’t like high temps sounds like a expensive way to cure your plants especially if it doesn’t control the temp

I’m kinda lucky enough not to need one that’s why it seems a expensive way to me it mabye a lifesaver for some who’s drying conditions aren’t good

lenhug

lenhug

It does control the temperature though. Temperature and dew point.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
That’s good. I’ve no real idea about them tbh. I can see the benefits tbh just I’ve no need as my drying rooms ok still it’s good to know about these things keep up with what’s new and all that 🙂

lenhug

lenhug

I'm jealous of your drying rooms! 😄

This is all new to me to but just trying to get my head around it and happily means I can trust I'll get a good dry/cure like yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom