Centipedes, Millipedes Eating Seedlings

• Thread starter Underthesun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Underthesun

Underthesun

Hey all! Been a long time since I've been back on here, but it is that tme of year again. Forgive me for not being active Oct-May.

I have for the first time decided to direct plant my seeds into my raised beds this year. Most of them sprouted just fin and are off to a slow start. Yesterday and a few other times I noticed these little white centipedes/millipedes. Yesterday however I noticed that they were munching down my seedlings pretty aggressively. I have never dealth with this. Here are a few pics of what they look like. And here is some damage they caused. They ate the leaves I imagine immediately after germination, since this is what I saw on the other seedlings which some did not survive.

From what I have found online is that they will eat roots if they like them. Seems they like my cannabis roots. Has anyone dealth with these? My plan is to plant my beans in another xontainer and replant after they are a little bigger in hopes that these guys leave them alone and only mess with tiny seedlings. Also may let the top layer dry out a little. They seem to live in the soil. But I was making sure my seed sprouted with a moist environment.

Thanks for any help and good to be back!

Centipedes millipedes eating seedlings
Centipedes millipedes eating seedlings 2
Centipedes millipedes eating seedlings 3
BudBogart

BudBogart

Good to see you're back. Hope you get these pests resolved quickly.
I've lost two complete seedling planting seeds to mice this year.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Good to see you're back. Hope you get these pests resolved quickly.
I've lost two complete seedling planting seeds to mice this year.
Yep, last year mice was the issue. Didn't even know mellipede things were an issue until I watched them feasting with my own eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom