Coco coir and silica issues

• Thread starter Oakley111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

Ec in about 1.8 I'm feeding Adam and eve range from goliath it's a 5 part mix depending on what stage the plant is at

Ok that output ec is a little excessive. If it were me i would give her a good flush and pick up feeding at what you were, maybe supplement with like 1/4 dose of the silica. Or maybe a different brand altogether. I would never recommend growing in coco without silica tho

M

MellowRello

View attachment 2174048Never had this issue until I used silica now it is the 4th week of bud and lower leaves are doing this are any silica experts out there that might know the cause
If it's the silica inputs you are using, it's not the silica in it, it's something else in the silica input. A lot of silica inputs for plants are garbage. Some of them even admit on their labels that most of the silica is not plant available.
The silica molecule in Stout MSA is plant available, I've experimented with it and I found extreme noticable enhancements in plant growth, especially stem growth.
Seriously, the plants with no Stout MSA or any silica inputs at all were flopping over, the mild silica input plants had better structure and the heavy dose plants grew thick sturdy stems all the way up to the flowers.

Stokes

Stokes

If it's the silica inputs you are using, it's not the silica in it, it's something else in the silica input. A lot of silica inputs for plants are garbage. Some of them even admit on their labels that most of the silica is not plant available.
The silica molecule in Stout MSA is plant available, I've experimented with it and I found extreme noticable enhancements in plant growth, especially stem growth.
Seriously, the plants with no Stout MSA or any silica inputs at all were flopping over, the mild silica input plants had better structure and the heavy dose plants grew thick sturdy stems all the way up to the flowers.

What do you use? I got lucky with groteks the first time i ran coco, used it ever since. Ive dabbled with raw, doesnt mix the best. Would be fantastic for a peat based mix tho

M

MellowRello

What do you use? I got lucky with groteks the first time i ran coco, used it ever since. Ive dabbled with raw, doesnt mix the best. Would be fantastic for a peat based mix tho
Stout MSA is plant available silica regardless of the media/ grow style.

M

MellowRello

View attachment 2174048Never had this issue until I used silica now it is the 4th week of bud and lower leaves are doing this are any silica experts out there that might know the cause
If this link works, it is a photo of potassium toxicity, which is actually very rare. I'm thinking that potassium silicate input that you are using is garbage and has too much K in it.. But I'm just guessing.

Top Bottom