Computer Question?

• Thread starter Ronnie V
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ronnie V

Ronnie V

So my external hard drive seems to be causing a problem with my mac mini. Every time I plug it into my computer, it drops the wifi connection to my computer. Just my computer though. All other devices pick up the signal fine. And my mac mini picks up other wifi signals. Just not my home one. Internet also works from the hotspot on my phone while the hard drive is plugged in. This just started happening like a day or 2 ago after I did an update to my computers iOS operating system. I mean no biggie as the internet works without it being plugged in, its just really weird. I've searched on google and haven't really seen this problem on macs. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the update. The hard rive is a WD My Passport Ultra.

But why my own wifi signal and just my own. Any thoughts from you computers dudes as I'm stumped. It's really bugging me. Haha

Ronnie V

Ronnie V

I've smoked so much herb today. I don't even know what i mean anymore..... :smoking:

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I've smoked so much herb today. I don't even know what i mean anymore..... :smoking:
Sometimes we miss things. :) I don't remember what I had for lunch today.
Kingkong

robomont

robomont

i have a droid tablet that does this to me to.but ive been rooting it and trying to change mac address.most of the time i can turn off my wifi hotspot router and back on,and it resets.i have a straighttalk wifi hotspot and each time i do this,it resets my isp.as a ct nut,i get banned alot and unlimited isps reaps hell on mods and admins.i have no plans to wreck this place as you guys are super cool.but a random isp generator is the bomb.so anyways,try turning your wifi off and wait a few minutes and turn it back on,kinda a reset.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Easy man just open a cmd prompt and type ipconfi......oh wait MAC.

Burn it with fire :P

Here is snapples answer:
"
I sometimes have difficulty with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices when USB 3 devices are attached to my computer. What could be wrong?

Some USB 3 devices, hard drives in particular, can generate radio frequency interference that can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices operating in the 2.4GHz band to have issues communicating with your computer. Do not place hard drives or other USB devices behind the rear of your Mac near at the hinge of your screen. The antennas for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are located there, and USB 3 devices placed there may interfere with your wireless connections. See this white paper for more information." (white paper is a dead url)

Now that sounds like total and utter horse shit to me. Sounds likes they dont have enough headers for the USB and piggybacked them so now with something like an External HDD you are eating the lane up.

So IDK try that and see if that helps.

BTW is this a USB 3.0 drive (blue port)? Cause it you are using 2.0 you are prob better off using firewire800 and if so maybe try thunderbolt if you have it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
just about everything is 2.46 ghz. these days.

Yeah that's why I called BS on it but it is a reply from snApple so go figure. Kind of like when my line was messed up from the pole to my house for my cable. The cable company seriously told me "Is your modem plugged into a power strip? Cause if so you need to unplug it cause that is prob causing the problem." "Can you sleep at night after honestly telling people stupid ass shit like that?"

robomont

robomont

omg,thats freekin nutz,powerstrip.electricians around the world are chuckling .the www just hickupped.the nsa just smoked all their wires.im roflmao.

Alex695

Alex695

I've been struggling with this bug or how to call it for a while and still don't know how to solve this. On any other devices, I have no problems, but this specific one is giving me headaches.

AndyDonovan

AndyDonovan

Hi there! Same thing here. Still didn't figure out why, but I'm looking forward to a solution because it needs to be solved once for all. I tried very many options, nothing worked so far so I need a piece of advice. I even got the best-reviewed registry cleaner from https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-registry-cleaner-tools/ and cleaned all the malicious content from the computer and fixed the errors but it's still doing the same. Any recommendations will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom