Cooling down the grow tent with a mini split AC

• Thread starter atnupacas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
atnupacas

atnupacas

Hi growers. hope everyone is doing great.
Im looking for advice about using an Air Conditioner unit. any input on this would be greatly apreciated.
Im running a 4 x 4 grow tent that is inside a huge warehouse, so cooling down the whole warehouse is not really an option. i have been using a portable AC unit inside the tent, but in my short experience this creates 2 big problems: Negative pressure and it also takes a lot of space which i need for the plants.
So to solve this, im thinking about buying a mini -split AC unit, and install it inside the tent at the top, and the second part of the unit outside of the tent (but still inside the warehouse, because of the building regulations i cant install it outside the warehouse)
I will also seal the tent and run Co2

So, do anyone of you have done this before?, is there something im not considering? any advice would be golden
Thank you!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

We have mini-split air conditioning in our house. For our system, there's no way to adjust the humidity. So, the air in our home is always about 50%. That's low for cannabis and would make adjusting the VPD difficult. Other than that, mini-split systems are made for much larger spaces than a 4x4 tent, so I suspect that could cause problems.

I sometimes consider a two-tent system in which one tent would be dedicated to the equipment to condition the air in the grow tent. In my imaginary design, air ducts would connect the two tents. A main goal would be to optimize space inside the grow tent.

How hot is it inside your tent?

atnupacas

atnupacas

We have mini-split air conditioning in our house. For our system, there's no way to adjust the humidity. So, the air in our home is always about 50%. That's low for cannabis and would make adjusting the VPD difficult. Other than that, mini-split systems are made for much larger spaces than a 4x4 tent, so I suspect that could cause problems.

I sometimes consider a two-tent system in which one tent would be dedicated to the equipment to condition the air in the grow tent. In my imaginary design, air ducts would connect the two tents. A main goal would be to optimize space inside the grow tent.

How hot is it inside your tent?
Thanks for the quick response.
When i run my portable AC inside the tent i have a humidifier / dehumidifier to control humidity. My portable AC is 8000 btu, and the mini split system im looking into is also 8000 BTU. So thats why i think this should work, i get rid of he negative pressure problem too.
Temps where i live are crazy, in summer it gets well pass the 90's, which is a huge problem.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Do you have room for a larger tent? Maybe a 4x8? That would make room for more equipment.

Also, most window type air conditioners don't have the negative air pressure issue. The outside air stays outside and the inside air stays inside.

atnupacas

atnupacas

Do you have room for a larger tent? Maybe a 4x8? That would make room for more equipment.

Also, most window type air conditioners don't have the negative air pressure issue. The outside air stays outside and the inside air stays inside.
Cant really uso more space here, i know that a lung room would be the best option, but i cant really build a bigger room around my tent or use more space here :(.
And yes, thats why im looking into a split window type air conditioner, to avoid the negative pressure issue.

Besides achieving the VPD, do you see any other issue i might have with the mini split insde the tent?

Latest posts

Top Bottom