Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
kevinn

kevinn

One beer, two beers, move the fridge closer to the bed ? Ya forgot something, where`s the weed ?

Yooper, do not see how you have been doing this all these months with your wife. I give you credit. My wife had rotator cuff surgery a week ago. Could not do anything afterwards. Not even wipe her rear. Mid week, started running a fever and could not get her breath. Surgeons PA said normal after effects. Well this weekend, I rushed her to ER with a blood clot in her lungs from the surgery. If she had not insisted that I bring her, she would be dead. Guess the doctor was too busy to get his messages. Well anyways, spent all weekend in the hospital with her and she is OK now. But trying to work while being caregiver is weighing on me already. I should not be moaning, its her that has had to suffer through all of it.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well, a bearing went out on my horse trailer. Got lucky though. We were only a mile from the house, and it locked up leaving a stop sign. So, at least I didn't ruin the tire. I knew it was going bad, and had already bought the bearing. But, I hadn't put it on.
Since I couldn't go to the branding, I needed to make it up to my girls, 8 & 11. It would have been a nice time for them to get involved, but still have some play time with friends they don't see all that often. They were disappointed, but I had promised them ride time.
So, I let the little ones ride in the backyard, inside the privacy fence. I was really impressed, with their improvement in abilities horseback. I've had them riding grandpa's old retired horse, "Buddy". He would not hurt a fly, but he's lazy & gets away with doing just the bare minimum. On my young using horses, they were able to do anything they wanted.
Then the neighbor decided to throw firecrackers over my fence. Even old Buddy would not have stood for that. Luckily, the horses froze, instead of trying to run off. I got them out of there, and we finished our ride back at the farm.
When, I got home, my other neighbor had called the cops. This jackass & his kids were shooting roman candles and rockets over my back fence. ...not just in our direction, but every fireball landing in my yard, rockets bouncing off of my house & garage. As soon as the call came over the police scanner, they jumped in their vehicle & left.
This jackass thinks he's gonna intimidate me, and I'll drop his public indecency and home invasion charges. I should've splattered him all over my living room, that time.
I'm sorry guys. I didn't need to post this here. I'm just at my wit's end.
My mother's side of the family is from the sandhills, pops is from the same small town Johnny Carson grew up in. This weekend we were able to visit some relatives and see a small branding, although it was called small there were hundreds of calves, and the ranch was bustling. Most of our working family is related to lawrence bixby, and most of their working ranches are on or near the Spade Ranch. This time though, the professional's were working their asses off. There seems to be a cutoff where the young guys now prefer ATV's while almost all of the 'adults' were still on horseback. Seeing horses do tricks at the rodeo is one thing, but seeing a horse with a rider who know what they are doing is something else. I was too far away for a good picture but those guys work hard. We took off as the rain came when they were finishing up, I wish we could have stayed for the meal. Tons and tons and tons of pheasants. They did not ask for additional help with calf anal expulsion blockers so I got the day off.
Yesterday morning we went and laid flowers at the cemetery. I consider myself lucky that I have not had to personally deal with a loss of an enlisted relative during my adult life. I also know that lack of exposure brings a lack of the ability to fully understand what the families of those lost go through. While I can appreciate the sentiment of those who also want to remember their own non-military special loves ones lost, I also think that the day should be what it is, which is honoring those who have fallen. It is one day that I do not want to hear or see anything political. I find it disrespectful to those who gave their lives for some to stomp on their graves and pound their manscaped chests about anything, unless it's a soldier surprising their family coming home, because those videos are the best.

Glad to see nobody needs bail money. This is late, sorry not sorry.
Powmia

M

mendel

Whats up fellers. Got the first batch of mustard greens out of the garden. They are in the pot. radishes are coming on strong, and ive got turnips that need thinning (more greens). The youngest boy and I planted summer squash today. Ive got beans, dill, and corn to plant tomorrow.

Back out to work now, its a nice evening. Ill eat after dark.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning LittleDabbie, Hippie and the old farts still sleeping. Get up and at 'em boys and girls, ya'll missing the rain. Been raining here, on and off, for the last 2 days. Looks like today will make 3. Coffee's done, gonna pack a bowl. Ya know what that means, it`s "wake n bake" time in Curmudgeonland. Ready, set go. It be puffin' and passin' time.

Hippie

Hippie

You must be hogging it all. Looked like it would rain yesterday but we didn't get a drop. Fine by me. Grass grows fast enough without it.
Might get off my lazy ass and till up the big garden. Gonna plant it with deer feed and let it go. Don't have the energy to weed it anymore.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
You must be hogging it all. Looked like it would rain yesterday but we didn't get a drop. Fine by me. Grass grows fast enough without it.
Might get off my lazy ass and till up the big garden. Gonna plant it with deer feed and let it go. Don't have the energy to weed it anymore.

We even got some hail yesterday. My lawn, or better described as a field of weeds, is growing like hell. Can`t cut in the rain. So we gonna have a bowl and watch it grow.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Yooper, do not see how you have been doing this all these months with your wife. I give you credit. My wife had rotator cuff surgery a week ago. Could not do anything afterwards. Not even wipe her rear. Mid week, started running a fever and could not get her breath. Surgeons PA said normal after effects. Well this weekend, I rushed her to ER with a blood clot in her lungs from the surgery. If she had not insisted that I bring her, she would be dead. Guess the doctor was too busy to get his messages. Well anyways, spent all weekend in the hospital with her and she is OK now. But trying to work while being caregiver is weighing on me already. I should not be moaning, its her that has had to suffer through all of it.

Thanks for the good words of encouragement, it is appreciated. Them blood clots in the lungs are a killer. My wife almost died from hers. Nothing to mess around with.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Howdee.
The heart surgeon signed off don't need to see him anymore. He is my favorite out of all the surgeons. So I'm no longer a heart patient just a cancer patient. I will see the oncologist the end of June. He is my least favorite, I will give him one more shot before I fire him.
Life is just Unicorns and rainbows mother fuckers. :smug::woot:

I need to get some trimming done ya'll have a wonderful day.

kevinn

kevinn

Howdee.
The heart surgeon signed off don't need to see him anymore. He is my favorite out of all the surgeons. So I'm no longer a heart patient just a cancer patient. I will see the oncologist the end of June. He is my least favorite, I will give him one more shot before I fire him.
Life is just Unicorns and rainbows mother fuckers. :smug::woot:

I need to get some trimming done ya'll have a wonderful day.

Doctors with little to no personality become oncologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom