Denying water the last week of flower.

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
They don't recuperate during their night. They keep growing by using nutritional energy that was stored in the roots during the day.
Yeah, it's confusing, anywhere you read there seems to be conflicting ideas on it. Sugars stored at night, get sucked up during the day..yada yada .. do what works for you man.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Terpenes are created from photosynthesis. There is no photosynthesis without light. 4 or 5 days of straight will not revert my plant or make it grow pollen sacs and denying water may speed drying. I'm moving in two weeks.
No but some sites claim a harsh smoke if your plant is drawing up sugars, which happens when the lights are on, hence the encouragement of harvesting just before the lights come on. But..I'm not here to debate on that (well now I'm knee deep in this aren't I). Also if your plant is at its end, done growing, how much more are you gonna get from a fading plant leaving the lights on 24/7?

7munkee

7munkee

No but some sites claim a harsh smoke if your plant is drawing up sugars, which happens when the lights are on, hence the encouragement of harvesting just before the lights come on. But..I'm not here to debate on that (well now I'm knee deep in this aren't I). Also if your plant is at its end, done growing, how much more are you gonna get from a fading plant leaving the lights on 24/7?
Dunno. Thought I would try it once. This is one of 5 cuttings from a plant I previously grew so I have a grow done the traditional way to base it on. I still have a half ounce left in fact for side-by-side tasting. I did reduce light to 75% so I won't go TOO far over its normal DLI.

B Bugbee seems to think it will help with terpene synthesis and he IS funded by NASA....🤓

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Dunno. Thought I would try it once. This is one of 5 cuttings from a plant I previously grew so I have a grow done the traditional way to base it on. I still have a half ounce left in fact for side-by-side tasting. I did reduce light to 75% so I won't go TOO far over its normal DLI.

B Bugbee seems to think it will help with terpene synthesis and he IS funded by NASA....🤓
He is one controversial guy. I'll follow, keep my mind open on this one for sure.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Well here's some food for thought. I forgot what the grow method is called, but when in flower , by reducing the light by 1 hour (could be half hour) every two weeks your bud size grows larger versus leaving the lights on 12/12

Bilber

Bilber

I'm definitely interested in this one!!!

I've never starved a plant.....well.....ok....not intentionally anyways.....but I have done lights out.....the lights out didn't hurt the plant....at all.....it wasn't for as long as you're attempting though.....keeping the lights on while not feeding or watering would help dry the plant more, if I'm reading your question/statement right....I apologize if I'm way off, but definitely interested!

Thank you 7!

7munkee

7munkee

I've never starved a plant.....well.....ok....not intentionally anyways.....but I have done lights out.....the lights out didn't hurt the plant....at all.....it wasn't for as long as you're attempting though.....keeping the lights on while not feeding or watering would help dry the plant more, if I'm reading your question/statement right....I apologize if I'm way off, but definitely interested!

Thank you 7!
Yes, I am leaving the lights on for 4 or 5 days and not watering. I filled the 3-gallon reservoir Friday morning, and it was gone this morning. I am not going to refill it. I have worms, beetles, mites and other creepy crawlies in the soil that will not like it and most likely die or split for greener pastures. (literally) but that is OK. I am dumping this in my compost pile and starting from scratch the next run anyway.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter

Thank you 7!
I've tried this once with no issues (reducing the light on time) but now do this after week 6 of flower. By week 8 -10 I'm at about 10.5 on time, 13,14 off.. not on every grow, just when I want to do something different really..lol, but you guys got me interested in what Bugsbe is saying about this, I'll have to hunt down that interview.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Yes, I am leaving the lights on for 4 or 5 days and not watering. I filled the 3-gallon reservoir Friday morning, and it was gone this morning. I am not going to refill it. I have worms, beetles, mites and other creepy crawlies in the soil that will not like it and most likely die or split for greener pastures. (literally) but that is OK. I am dumping this in my compost pile and starting from scratch the next run anyway.
Even if you had water in there, in organics, if the plant doesn't want to drink, it's not gonna drink, once they fade, nothing is bringing them back. Nothing. Lights included.

Bilber

Bilber

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Sorry 7.....leaving them on....that'll take care of drying quicker!

Week4, I found this article....not the one I was/am looking for.....I think I've read that somewhere before....it sounded like this one, but more technical I guess...

Ahh, I see it, the drought part of it. That's actually encouraged by the Greenhouse Seed Company, especially with the White Widow strain. But they do it right at the flip and once during mid flower. And not for 5 days. Just enough to get a good dry back, and they grow synthetic style too so you have to take what your reading in to who their targeted audience is. There's advice for those who grow with bottled nutrients, and those who grow from the soil, your not gonna kill this plant either way. It's a dam weed. It can take a lot of punishment 😂

7munkee

7munkee

Ahh, I see it, the drought part of it. That's actually encouraged by the Greenhouse Seed Company, especially with the White Widow strain. But they do it right at the flip and once during mid flower. And not for 5 days. Just enough to get a good dry back, and they grow synthetic style too so you have to take what your reading in to who their targeted audience is. There's advice for those who grow with bottled nutrients, and those who grow from the soil, your not gonna kill this plant either way. It's a dam weed. It can take a lot of punishment 😂
I hear that. I cut a few inside branches once and plopped them in an opened bottle of water and put it in my windowsill where I promptly forgot about it. A month later and the water was half gone bottle had roots a foot long
IMG 20230925 201516

IMG 20230925 201256

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was actually thinking it’s not a good idea this time around I have done it not for 5 days however to the point it should of been watered the day before.

This time I was going to take care they didn’t go thirsty at the end. As I want to compare it when it’s fresh in my mind

Talk about the other end of the spectrum as to speak

shaganja

shaganja

From my understanding, the plant makes the sugars all day from the sun. So she grows. Does 2 tasks at once. Then night comes and plant stops making sugars, so has more energy for task 2. So, the majority of growth happens at night. Listened to breeder interview, and he said he turns em back to veg cycle during last 2 weeks. After docs explaining makes sense. It encourages them to make more sugars!! Think I'm gonna try it this season!

DRan88

DRan88

My last 2 indoor grows I switched back to veg cycle 16/8 in the last 2 weeks , around 12 days . I think it helped swell the buds up and get more weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom