Do I need to cure to make infused coconut oil?

• Thread starter Jamesparks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jamesparks

Sorry but I searched the site for an hour and still can’t find a definitive answer. I just cut my buds from the plants and I’m hanging them to dry upside down for about a week or until the stem snaps. I was hoping from there I can just break up the dried buds and put them in the decarb box from Magic Butter and decarb them and then make the infused coconut oil from there using the Magical Butter machine.
So do I still have to go through the steps of mason jars of “curing” for several weeks? And then decarbing, etc? This is all a first time for me. Thanks for any feedback!

M

meep20

Technically you don't have to cure. It makes the smoke smoother and develops the terp profile (like aging a wine). Decarbing is a must for edibles. While that machine looks cool you can easily decarb and make your oil in Mason jars using an oven or toaster oven or just a hot water bath

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Sorry but I searched the site for an hour and still can’t find a definitive answer. I just cut my buds from the plants and I’m hanging them to dry upside down for about a week or until the stem snaps. I was hoping from there I can just break up the dried buds and put them in the decarb box from Magic Butter and decarb them and then make the infused coconut oil from there using the Magical Butter machine.
So do I still have to go through the steps of mason jars of “curing” for several weeks? And then decarbing, etc? This is all a first time for me. Thanks for any feedback!
you don't need to cure for edibles, just dry

Top Bottom