Dry Sieve Tech

• Thread starter alaskind
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alaskind

alaskind

I have a certain Kimbo with massive trichs...... want to make the finest sieve I can from it. Who knows how?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I heard that a stack of different sized screens stacked atop a speaker with a mild bass thump going is the trick.
But idk.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have a certain Kimbo with massive trichs...... want to make the finest sieve I can from it. Who knows how?
Interesting about your kimbos trichs.
The cut I grew had huge heads on the trichs as well, almost like sand. And on the 1st run from seed was a very dusty, the tricks just poured off.
But the clones had sticky trichs, never got that dust effect again from her.

Cool stuff.
Peace

shemshemet

shemshemet

@ShroomKing

As far as I know, the dusting is usually due to dry and cold temps. That's the key to dry sift, cold temps and dry dry bud.

Then delicately as possible handle the material over screens.

There are different methods and you'll have to do some searching and experimenting to find the best tech for you. Dry sift wizard technique, the standard bubble man tek, using static charge by way of tubes.

There really is no one way...Simplest way is dry sift screens, again along with dry dry dry dry dry to the bone bud and cold cold cold temps. This is to keep the trichs sandy not sticky. Card the material through a set of screens.

alaskind

alaskind

I think the size of the glands is genetic, I saw the same effect of the "sandy" looking trichs too. Since I began foliar applications of silica, Ive made better full melt hash, less of the "sticky" effect you speak of. I cant point to research, but I think the cellulose "skin" of the trichome may be strengthened, giving it resilience in the collection process. I may be looking for a walk in freezer to set my home subwoofer up in now, with some screens on top. ;)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
The sandyness comes from the BlackBerry I have a tardis cut that is Sandy as all hell and its a blackberry cross

Latest posts

Top Bottom