Drying / Curing / Trim Help Advice

• Thread starter Amateur_Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amateur_Grower

10 Days of Drying and my moisture meter wasn't reading anything so I decide to bag my buds. Put them in a Grove Bag with a cheap humidity and it's reading around 50% after a few days. Did I dry too long? Also this was my first time using a machine trimmer. Did I trim too much?

Drying  curing  trim help advice
Drying  curing  trim help advice 2
A

Amateur_Grower

ok, perfect,
in a tent or room?
how did you harvest the plant and dry it?
(hanging branches?)
It was in a room. Tinted the windows, put up a rope from one end to the other, and then hung the full plant upside down on a hanger.

IMG 3112
A

Amateur_Grower

Could some more.triming but looks good to me
Thank you! First time using an electric trimmer and was scared to over trim with it. Was able to trim my 3.5 ounces super fast. Usually takes me forever hand trimming!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
when you trimmed or cut off branches, was any stems/branches not fully dry/crispy but the buds were dry crispy?
guessing your fan wasn’t suttle enough and possibly pointing toward the plant,.

A

Amateur_Grower

when you trimmed or cut off branches, was any stems/branches not fully dry/crispy but the buds were dry crispy?
guessing your fan wasn’t suttle enough and possibly pointing toward the plant,.
Some snapped and some didn't. I don't know why my moisture meter wouldn't give me a reading. The two metal prongs are hella sticky from the buds maybe that's why. I'm just hoping the hygrometer I have in my grove back gets up to 55% it seems to be going up slowly on it's own. I wonder if that means the cure phase is ruined though.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Some snapped and some didn't. I don't know why my moisture meter wouldn't give me a reading. The two metal prongs are hella sticky from the buds maybe that's why. I'm just hoping the hygrometer I have in my grove back gets up to 55% it seems to be going up slowly on it's own. I wonder if that means the cure phase is ruined though.
mmm doubt it,. do you not have something that reads what the room temp humidity is?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I doubt you have ruined it but next dry and cure will be better for ya

A

Amateur_Grower

I doubt you have ruined it but next dry and cure will be better for ya
Thank you! It was at like 30% when I first bagged and now it's at 50% so that seems good. I just know most people say once bagged it should be around 65% at the start

Top Bottom