EC in Veg and Bloom

• Thread starter Smallzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smallzz

Smallzz

Just curious what sort of EC everyone's using for what stages of veg and bloom. I'm sure that no two growers are doing the same thing, so I thought it would be kind of cool to have people post up what they're running EC wise and what strain/style.

I've always adhered to a "less is more" mentality in my short growing experience, but I'm sure there are some guys who run the higher ECs with success?

Thanks for any and all constructive input!
Smallzz

J

Jalisco Kid

I run around the 850's in veg and 1150 ppm conv .5 in flower and peak up to1450 a few days here and there. Use 250 ppm about every 5th feed.

I

ir0nLung

assuming temps are good and watts per sq ft are acceptable, i think relative humidity and ambient co2 level should dictate what most people are running relative to nutrient strength. in rooms with no co2, 600w hps, and rh of 55-60% in dwc i veg around .9 ec. i raise ec in flower .1 each week until peaking out at 1.4 ec. im a fairly religious meter reader and have found that in those conditions that is the ec that will keep the plants consistently eating. JK what would you say the benefit is to using buckets of chow mix on top of dwc? i assume you have to top feed these throughout. two different root types operating at once?

J

Jalisco Kid

assuming temps are good and watts per sq ft are acceptable, i think relative humidity and ambient co2 level should dictate what most people are running relative to nutrient strength. in rooms with no co2, 600w hps, and rh of 55-60% in dwc i veg around .9 ec. i raise ec in flower .1 each week until peaking out at 1.4 ec. im a fairly religious meter reader and have found that in those conditions that is the ec that will keep the plants consistently eating. JK what would you say the benefit is to using buckets of chow mix on top of dwc? i assume you have to top feed these throughout. two different root types operating at once?

I like the wicking of my 70/30 coir. I do have 4 way drip manifold on top. In aero I only use it for 2 weeks. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom