First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Day 83, 26 of flower:
Nothing to add, letting them be alone until next watering. I know it’s impossible to estimate, and a total noob question, but a lot of people I know ask the first question when you say you’re growing; how much dry bud will you harvest? I always tell them between 1 gram and 1 pound, since I have no idea, but does anyone have a rough estimate? I’m content waiting, but I never know what to say to people when they ask. Other than that, nothing new to report. Seedlings growing well.

P

Purfict

There are so many variables for guessing amounts this early......5 - 9ish ounces for shits.....I'm hoping you get a lb. per.....
I’d be happy with any amount as long as I can have a solid first grow that I learn from. But those would be lovely numbers, if I can even get 5 ounces out of a plant I’d be ecstatic.

P

Purfict

Day 85, 27 of flower:
Nothing new to add, thinking of watering again either tomorrow or the day after. The plant in the back has most of its leaves clawing down, not sure why. Maybe because they’re closest to the fan? Not sure, what do you guys think.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 83, 26 of flower:
Nothing to add, letting them be alone until next watering. I know it’s impossible to estimate, and a total noob question, but a lot of people I know ask the first question when you say you’re growing; how much dry bud will you harvest? I always tell them between 1 gram and 1 pound, since I have no idea, but does anyone have a rough estimate? I’m content waiting, but I never know what to say to people when they ask. Other than that, nothing new to report. Seedlings growing well.
I’d say that you will probably pull 4-8 ounces out of those four plants, and will probably see more on the next run.

Bilber

Bilber

I'm not saying it is the fan, but with how you explained it.....one of my plants was having an issue with your description......I swapped plants around.....I'm thinking it was trying to hold the moisture in, because it worked out after a few days......

P

Purfict

Day 86, 28 of flower:
Week 4 of flower, gonna continue to up their water and give them more food since they’re looking hungry. I’ve been increasing their light power by a few percent every morning, today it’s reached full power. Haven’t noticed any signs of light stress. Seedlings looking good, still recovering from being overwatered and one is struggling to stand, so I added more Happy Frog soil to bury the stem a little more for more support. The one in the brown pot finally started to stand up. What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 86, 28 of flower:
Week 4 of flower, gonna continue to up their water and give them more food since they’re looking hungry. I’ve been increasing their light power by a few percent every morning, today it’s reached full power. Haven’t noticed any signs of light stress. Seedlings looking good, still recovering from being overwatered and one is struggling to stand, so I added more Happy Frog soil to bury the stem a little more for more support. The one in the brown pot finally started to stand up. What do you guys think?
Looks good to me.

Bilber

Bilber

That looks real nice Pur.....some seedlings just don't want to cooperate with their surroundings.....damn shits.....I'm mentioning this because we're in the changing of seasons and for me, it's impossible to keep my environment in check.....so I have to adjust to the seasonal transitions......awesome job on the training and defol......

P

Purfict

That looks real nice Pur.....some seedlings just don't want to cooperate with their surroundings.....damn shits.....I'm mentioning this because we're in the changing of seasons and for me, it's impossible to keep my environment in check.....so I have to adjust to the seasonal transitions......awesome job on the training and defol......
It’s hard to be upset at the one seedling after seeing the progress they’ve made; they’re probably growing twice as fast as my first seedlings. Nice to see the nodes not being so far apart, too.

P

Purfict

Day 87, 29 of flower:
Did a little trimming, they’re looking for food. Gonna give them food and water at lights on tomorrow. Thinking of doing a very heavy feeding, since they’re looking light colored and are eating some of the oldest growth. Seedlings looking good, though. When do you guys consider “veg” to start.

P

Purfict

Day 88, 30 of flower:
Gave them all a bit over 2 liters, some had more runoff than others, but less than the last time I watered. Gave them a heavy feeding, I’ll have to see how they respond. think I’ll try to water in about 3-4 days again, depending on how they respond. Hopefully the light color will be gone by the next time I feed.

P

Purfict

Day 89, 31 of flower:
Still light color, but I feel like aslong as I can feed them enough liquid nutrients it shouldn’t be too large a problem, right? Seedlings are all starting to droop, I wonder if it’s an over or under watering problem. I’ve only gave them 1-2 squirts of a mist sprayer bottle, so not too sure. What do you guys think?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 89, 31 of flower:
Still light color, but I feel like aslong as I can feed them enough liquid nutrients it shouldn’t be too large a problem, right? Seedlings are all starting to droop, I wonder if it’s an over or under watering problem. I’ve only gave them 1-2 squirts of a mist sprayer bottle, so not too sure. What do you guys think?
What does the weight of the pot tell you, how does the soil feel? Stick your finger in a couple inches deep, it should feel cool and damp not dry and crumbly, or mucky and over saturated.

P

Purfict

What does the weight of the pot tell you, how does the soil feel? Stick your finger in a couple inches deep, it should feel cool and damp not dry and crumbly, or mucky and over saturated.
The center is definitely more moist than the perimeters, maybe give them another day and fully saturate the ENTIRE pot in the morning? When planting the germinated seeds, what I did was scoop each handful of soil with wet gloves, and added a fair amount of water after each handful. Maybe the outer parts of the pot are much more dry than the middle? I’ve only been using a mist bottle to water them, especially since when I was out of town I had someone with no experience in horticulture spray the soil for me and I think she did too much. Does that plan feel sound?

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

The center is definitely more moist than the perimeters, maybe give them another day and fully saturate the ENTIRE pot in the morning? When planting the germinated seeds, what I did was scoop each handful of soil with wet gloves, and added a fair amount of water after each handful. Maybe the outer parts of the pot are much more dry than the middle? I’ve only been using a mist bottle to water them, especially since when I was out of town I had someone with no experience in horticulture spray the soil for me and I think she did too much. Does that plan feel sound?
Yes I would transition from misting to water for the ones that are in fabric pots. Just slowly water them until you are seeing runoff. Let the runoff sit for about ten minutes to ensure that it was in fact runoff and not just run through. After ten minutes has passed collect all of your runoff. If you don’t see any runoff water in some more water until you do. Then remove any excess runoff. This will ensure proper saturation. At which point you should lift the pot and get a feel for a well watered saturated plant vs a dryer one.

P

Purfict

Day 90, 32 of flower:
Gave the seedlings a watering. Thinking I will water the mature plants tomorrow again with food. They’re growing well, but the pots feel light enough to water again and I feel they’re still a bit hungry. They continue to eat lower leaves. Some have spots that I trimmed, does this look like an issue? Starting to see some trichomes forming on the leaves closest to the buds. What do you guys think?

R

RhastaBlasta

Day 90, 32 of flower:
Gave the seedlings a watering. Thinking I will water the mature plants tomorrow again with food. They’re growing well, but the pots feel light enough to water again and I feel they’re still a bit hungry. They continue to eat lower leaves. Some have spots that I trimmed, does this look like an issue? Starting to see some trichomes forming on the leaves closest to the buds. What do you guys think?
KINDA looks like they want more potassium or something pH based, but I might be wrong - judging by the lover leaves that comes yellowish at the end...

P

Purfict

KINDA looks like they want more potassium or something pH based, but I might be wrong - judging by the lover leaves that comes yellowish at the end...
I agree, definitely looking for more potassium. I caught the early signs too late, so now i’m playing catch up. The two plants on the right side sure look hungrier than the left.

R

RGWD0202

I agree, definitely looking for more potassium. I caught the early signs too late, so now i’m playing catch up. The two plants on the right side sure look hungrier than the left.
Just out of curiosity, did you ever check the ph before adding your nutrients?

Top Bottom