First grow attempt- 4 Runtz Photos

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Looks great Purfict, what are you cooking in that pot in the center of the tent?
Just battling low temps, I know someone with a huge grow tent who said he took an old aquarium heater (meant for a huge tank) and put it in his tent and got a few degrees out of it. All together, maybe 10$ for that, just a water heater and a bubbler so the water isn’t stagnant, only 100W and auto shut off I thought why not. My hope that spring/ summer temps will be enough, but my backup is using a 1500W 360° heater if it’s not. Just saving on electricity now is all.

R

RGWD0202

Just battling low temps, I know someone with a huge grow tent who said he took an old aquarium heater (meant for a huge tank) and put it in his tent and got a few degrees out of it. All together, maybe 10$ for that, just a water heater and a bubbler so the water isn’t stagnant, only 100W and auto shut off I thought why not. My hope that spring/ summer temps will be enough, but my backup is using a 1500W 360° heater if it’s not. Just saving on electricity now is all.
got ya had no idea what it was, saw the tube going in, just curious. The 2x4 seedling mat I got works pretty well but not perfect. My heater killed my electric costs so supplemented with that mat seemed to help, not sure how well it would do in a 4x4 though mine is a 4x2

P

Purfict

got ya had no idea what it was, saw the tube going in, just curious. The 2x4 seedling mat I got works pretty well but not perfect. My heater killed my electric costs so supplemented with that mat seemed to help, not sure how well it would do in a 4x4 though mine is a 4x2
I just ordered a 4x2 heating mat, i’m excited for it. I just hate using space heaters because they do wreck your electricity costs.

P

Purfict

Day 110, 53 of flower:
Not sure there will be much to report in their last few weeks. I’m planning on not doing much, I know some people say to prune the last week of flower, or some say to increase how long their night is, but I’m not sure if I should do it, haven’t seen a lot of results from what I’ve found, but if you guys do it let me know your input. The veg tent is looking really solid in my opinion, let me know if you see anything different. Just a little nute burned. Haven’t had water in a few days and still looking perky, gonna really focus on getting the watering right in the next grow. Humidity is pretty high in the veg tent, high 80s.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 110, 53 of flower:
Not sure there will be much to report in their last few weeks. I’m planning on not doing much, I know some people say to prune the last week of flower, or some say to increase how long their night is, but I’m not sure if I should do it, haven’t seen a lot of results from what I’ve found, but if you guys do it let me know your input. The veg tent is looking really solid in my opinion, let me know if you see anything different. Just a little nute burned. Haven’t had water in a few days and still looking perky, gonna really focus on getting the watering right in the next grow. Humidity is pretty high in the veg tent, high 80s.
Why mess with it, keep on keeping on man!! Looking good, that plant on the bottom left in veg tent is a beast, not a bad candidate to clone her especially since she’s got a bit of vigor to her, noticeably more so than the other four.

P

Purfict

Why mess with it, keep on keeping on man!! Looking good, that plant on the bottom left in veg tent is a beast, not a bad candidate to clone her especially since she’s got a bit of vigor to her, noticeably more so than the other four.
Not a bad idea, now might be a good time to start cloning. Ill just need to get some clone ex from a shop near me.

P

Purfict

Day 111, 54 of flower:
Looking like a couple gnats got into the veg tent, maybe from watering so frequently early on. Only 1 leave finger I noticed had some twist and I spotted a few on the yellow traps I’ve had in the pots since the start. Don’t think it should be a problem, they’re all having a pretty long dry back and I only found 2 gnats. I’ll just have to keep an eye on it.

P

Purfict

Day 112, 55 of flower:
Debating on if I should just go for nematodes now and prevent any further damage or try to save all the microorganisms in my soil. Only the one plant is showing damage, what do you guys think? I’m heading to a store that sells them later today. They’re all still looking good for not having water in so long, maybe because humidity is so high.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 112, 55 of flower:
Debating on if I should just go for nematodes now and prevent any further damage or try to save all the microorganisms in my soil. Only the one plant is showing damage, what do you guys think? I’m heading to a store that sells them later today. They’re all still looking good for not having water in so long, maybe because humidity is so high.
Get em, I think you lost a lot of growth opportunity on your first run due to the fight against fungus gnats. Better to be proactive than reactive right?

P

Purfict

Day 116, 56 of flower:
Gave nematodes to the veg tent, their soil was not very accepting of water, some ran through very quickly. I think I might buy one of those pumps with the hose that mists water just to keep watering issues down. Think I’ll water them flower tent tomorrow, might just do water with no added food.

P

Purfict

Day 117, 57 of flower:
Not any amber trichomes as far as I can see, I’ve looked at each plants stringers colas. Is it dangerous to be running these plants so long with their leaves looking so u healthy, or is it ok so long as I can take action before further damage? Took out the aquarium heater from the grow tent and got a 2 foot by 1 foot heating pad in the middle. How long do you guys wait to top again? I plan on topping 4-6 times depend on how they keep growing, and adding a scrog net for support. Got a 4 foot by 2 foot heating pad coming today, might not bother setting it up until after these plants are done. Watered the flower tent with just water.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Day 117, 57 of flower:
Not any amber trichomes as far as I can see, I’ve looked at each plants stringers colas. Is it dangerous to be running these plants so long with their leaves looking so u healthy, or is it ok so long as I can take action before further damage? Took out the aquarium heater from the grow tent and got a 2 foot by 1 foot heating pad in the middle. How long do you guys wait to top again? I plan on topping 4-6 times depend on how they keep growing, and adding a scrog net for support. Got a 4 foot by 2 foot heating pad coming today, might not bother setting it up until after these plants are done. Watered the flower tent with just water.
No need to worry, think of the leaves on a tree in the fall. It’s normal for them to fade and change color before dying. I can’t really advise on topping. I don’t have a lot of experience in that department. Just keep checking the trichomes daily and watch for amber. Ideally you would want all of the trichomes cloudy with a small percentage of them starting to turn amber.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I put it in at about 9, I’ll be able to check at 2.
Ok : ) i had to turn my little heater off during this last cold snap we had. It was running non stop and unfortunately power consumption and utility bills are a sensitive subject at my house😂. I think If i can score a oil stand up heater that could cut in cost but would still be pricy🤷🏼‍♂️ hoping the mat helps you out!!

P

Purfict

Ok : ) i had to turn my little heater off during this last cold snap we had. It was running non stop and unfortunately power consumption and utility bills are a sensitive subject at my house😂. I think If i can score an oil stand up heater that could cut in cost but would still be pricy🤷🏼‍♂️ hoping the mat helps you out!!
Exactly my problem, heaters take up 2KW an hour, that’s 48 KW power. Not cheap.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Exactly my problem, heaters take up 2KW an hour, that’s 48 KW power. Not cheap.
For me it was really stressful! I know its less than ideal for them to be in those temps, but when the heater is running non stop, im dreading the usage! I really want to get one of those wattage usage plug in deals so i can get an actual reading of what im using and not just adding up the total wattage of the manufacture.

P

Purfict

For me it was really stressful! I know its less than ideal for them to be in those temps, but when the heater is running non stop, im dreading the usage! I really want to get one of those wattage usage plug in deals so i can get an actual reading of what im using and not just adding up the total wattage of the manufacture.
This AC Infinity one got me an extra two degrees in the tent so far. I plugged it in a 9 and set it to medium. It claims to be 20W, so this might me a solution. I just turned it all the way up, I’ll check again. I’m just more concerned with the durability, it was only 30$ so hopefully it lasts more than a few weeks.

Top Bottom