First MPB Room

• Thread starter JPLord01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JPLord01

JPLord01

A/C is 18000 btu the co2 I'm not burning co2 it is to close to the ceiling like 6ins no fire for me. I will do a co2 tank. The heat from the a/c is going out the window.

L

Lost

I can wick an 18" wide pot of coco with 1 dripline without causing any excessive waterlogging, are you guys 100% sure its not those dam coco pots that are causing you problems and getting rootbound/waterlogged? just seems like a 3.5 gallon bucket or netpot with some rooting cloth/felt would be better. Im surprised pythium can even survive in coco.

Shit ive harvested outdoor plants grown in soggy mud for 4+ months.

You have to make adjustmentments for the media you are using. I put my seeds in a 8 inch cocotec pot with roots organics premix coco and im done. I have never used top feed and I have seen pretty good yields without it.

It is just so easy to take 20 cocotek pots, put a seed in each under a hood or 2 and cherry pick the best ones for the MPB's. The rest get put in a 5 gallon pot and will make 1/4 to 1/8th of the mpb... If that...

M

MSL Foundation

Hey there I was wondering if this thread was supposed to be titled frist or first?

I can fix it if it is the latter.LMK

MSL

M

mrdizzle

A/C is 18000 btu the co2 I'm not burning co2 it is to close to the ceiling like 6ins no fire for me. I will do a co2 tank. The heat from the a/c is going out the window.

man that should be enough to cool 3 lights, tech it could cool 4lights.maybe you need to put some sort of fan infront of the fan to suck the cold air away from the AC

can you set it lower like 68* or is it running non stop

A

antimatter

Its hard to say, I think its more about steering clear of things that could cause a problem, keeping things from getting waterlogged. pythium actually has a very hard time living in coco, but I think it spreads to the water

I hear ya.

You have to make adjustmentments for the media you are using. I put my seeds in a 8 inch cocotec pot with roots organics premix coco and im done. I have never used top feed and I have seen pretty good yields without it.

It is just so easy to take 20 cocotek pots, put a seed in each under a hood or 2 and cherry pick the best ones for the MPB's. The rest get put in a 5 gallon pot and will make 1/4 to 1/8th of the mpb... If that...

Could use 6inch pots and then transplant or smaller buckets, Ive found no benefit using root pruning containers other then the fact that they root prune.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I bumped up my ppm to 750 from 430 and there are doing very good. So I have my 1/10hp chiller chilling 180gl and it is at 68deg I put a fan facing the water to make it colder. It is working. I built a fram and put sheetrock inside from the back of my a/c to a window to vent the hot air out. I just order a pondmaster ap100 today for all the tubs
I'm using small pumps for now there are doing fine. I turned off my top feed last night I have good roots coming out the bottom. I think that the white plastic over the tub keeps them cool. The chiller does not need to work as hard. I am getting a 1/2 hp chiller
soon.

M

mrdizzle

good deal bro, I hopefully that AC starts doing its job, Im shocked its not handling 3lights
hopefully venting the back will help, a couple floor fans blowing up may also help

the plastic is great bro, I bet its making your chiller wonder what hes doing there

JPLord01

JPLord01

Dizzle I think I will veg with the 2 light for now the thing is that with the 3 light on the heat is at 86deg and hum at like 29 to 35 I need the hum at like 55 to 60. The room is at 79deg hum is at 53 with the 2 light on. And by the way thanks for all your help. I need to get 2 14in fans for the floor. If the rez stays at 68 should I get a 1/2 hp chiller?

M

mrdizzle

no problem buddy, Im glad I can help

really the room is small enough that 2lights is good, maybe you can upgrade the AC later, or maybe at a 600w in the middle instead of the 1000w but really 2 should produces enough light for that room.

is your res at 68* with the chiller running often? can you set it too 66, and if you do does the water go to 66 or stay at 68* . if your staying at 68* vegging then you should be gravy, once you cut it down to 12/12 it will be easier to chill

likely once your plants get bigger your RH will go up

I use a 1/4hp and my res is inside my room, its never been above 67*. a 1/2hp would be overkill unless you plan on adding more light in the future

JPLord01

JPLord01

Dizz or Bossman or Lost I'm having some slight curling on the edge of my leafs what is this. So what do I need to do ? Water temp is 69 to 70 ppm is 750 ph is 5.9 room temp is 79 hum is 53 to 56. I'm runing house and garden nutrients. Can some one help with this ? Thank you If you need a photo I will post just let me know.

M

mrdizzle

I would put the lights waaaay up for 2 days, and turn the nutes down 2 500ppm, your not using co2 yet so are you just leaving the door open for air? possibly some cal-mag

its probably not a big deal but those thing may help out

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thanks bro I will bring up the light and drop the ppm down it was doing it at 420 ppms I will put up a pic brb

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have been having the same issues. Everytime I increase my PPMs above 600.
I get the leaf curl.
I found in a post where DD referenced the leaf curl.
I beleive he said it was from all the iron in the H&G nutes.

JPLord01

JPLord01

So here is some photos. So do I need to get AN grow and bloom a/b
00124.JPG
00214.JPG
00423.JPG
00826.JPG
01127.JPG
01420.JPG
01716.JPG

JPLord01

JPLord01

So what the problem is a magnesium deficiency. Is can be that the water is to cold and it get lock out so I will add some cal-mag today.

M

mrdizzle

water temps not a problem, I wouldnt worry too much about this I bet you grow out of it in the next couple days, a lil cal-mag never hurts

Top Bottom