First time breeding for personal use

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Well thank you for for the compliment buddy happy to help I know the struggle of trying to figure things out and make heads or tails of what’s on the internet I try to save all the best info pages I find so I can always go back and check also sometimes I smoke to much and second guess my self still lol so it helps

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I think one stress test Bob Hemphill/Hannaboldt-Crickets and Cicada Seeds- do to their males, is to keep them in a 1 gallon pot, for 1` year, to see if they Hermi, or Autoflower. They just released an old clone, and seed line of Master Kush, that took 6 years to complete. The seeds sold out, in hours. They also took 3-4 years before they released their Puck Hybrids. Though none of them are fems.
They do usually sell out fast I been trying to keep up with them I still have yet to try anything from them I really want the Donutz Triploid or OG Triploid an the Pineapple Upside Down Cake

SHiNi

SHiNi

I think one stress test Bob Hemphill/Hannaboldt-Crickets and Cicada Seeds- do to their males, is to keep them in a 1 gallon pot, for 1` year, to see if they Hermi, or Autoflower. They just released an old clone, and seed line of Master Kush, that took 6 years to complete. The seeds sold out, in hours. They also took 3-4 years before they released their Puck Hybrids. Though none of them are fems.
Mine is already In a 4 gallon pot was just popping bagseed and normally I chuck the males when they show sex but this one was something else. This plant has been through alot already lol I only use to see it once a week because I move around alot 😅 it has been deprived of water over, watered pest attacks , leaf septoria, leaf miners mites lol heck and all it needed whenever I got to it was a feeding and the very next day he would be perky and happy and insects gone lol thats why I decided to do something with it and keep it around. I will harvest the pollen and let him keep growing untill he decides to die I have a clone of him aswell. We have 2 months left before season starts so I want him to finish up before that time. Thanks for the tip. And I've been following this HSC pollyploid drama lol

SHiNi

SHiNi

Well thank you for for the compliment buddy happy to help I know the struggle of trying to figure things out and make heads or tails of what’s on the internet I try to save all the best info pages I find so I can always go back and check also sometimes I smoke to much and second guess my self still lol so it helps

Thanks for the link bro and you welcome and I save links aswell and yeah true when you high your mind likes to complicate things lol due to over activity of the brain I know that feeling all to well lol

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

They do usually sell out fast I been trying to keep up with them I still have yet to try anything from them I really want the Donutz Triploid or OG Triploid an the Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Theyre in my top 3 of stuff I look for. Im mainly interested in old 80s-90s genetics from Nevils Seed Bank, Sensi Seeds, Super Sativa Seed Club, Serious Seeds, Federation Seeds. But really more specifically, Nevils Hashplant-Nevils/Sensi Seeds NL5 X Haze, Sensi NL5, Black Domina, Afghani #1, 4 Way. C&C basically resurrected Nevils Hashplant. They have the original Mother Nevil used. Pacific Northwest Hashplant, he has the Puck,,,,,, also known as Skelly cut, which is a plant found in 1988, from Nevils Hashplant, by a guy nicknamed Skelly, who kept his weed in a container, that looked like a hockey Puck. And He has the original NL1, that Nevil used, and backcrossed all that, and tested it for 3 years, before releasing it, 3 years ago. but he only released this one time. But, he concentrated on Puck stabilization, and his up to BC3. But the PWNHP x Puck/NL1, is the closest thing to Nevils original Hashplant, which is one of the main strains I was pursuing for a very longtime, as the stuff from Sensi, isnt any good. Nevil, sold all of his genetics to Sensi, in 1990, and they have lost most of the original genetics, on many/most of their strains, that I would be interested in..
Then theres the old NL5 x Haze, and Skunk 1. Other than some landraces I smoked in the late 60s-70s, the best stuff Ive ever seen was a cross of NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant x SK#1. I got 15 seeds of it from a friend, who got them from another friend, from 200 miles away.
I knew when they were growing, whey were special. They reeked of catpiss, hash, honeysuckle. You could smell the plants from in the basement, all the way out into the street. 75 feet away. I actually gave them to a friend for the seed increase, and when I first smoked it, I about crapped. One toke, and I knew it was the best stuff I had seen in 20 years. which mind you, this was in 1992. So, it wasas good as anything Ive seen since then.
I ended uplosing it to the feds. A partner ratted me out. He was 70, I was 39. He was a friends uncle, and he rented a house for me to set upin, and make clones for the next spring, to ut on his 2000 acre cattle farm, 150 miles away, in Lincoln county Ky. I gave him 500 clones, and he got caught, 3 days later, and he ratted on me, and they found 750 more. I did 7 years locked up, 5 years supervised release, and pled guilty ro a Mandatory Minimum 10-Life, and a 5 Million Dollar fine, which was waived. So I did from 1997-2009, under their ( FEDS ) thumb, and I have searched, to find genetics, so I may be able to recreate my old strain, since I got out.

The closest Ive found so far, is the C&C Puck x Skunk BC2, and either AKBeanBrains old Sensi NL5 x Haze, or Relic Cough BX3. Im leaning towards the Cough, as the stuff I had, would make you Cough your brains out, every hit. It was also dangerous to try and drive, and smoke, as it could make you lose your vision for several seconds, with even a small hit, if you really tried to hold it in. And it tasted like the best Nepali Temple Balls, that have ever been made. If I could have this strain back, my seed buying days, would be over.
Some people didnt like it. It made many people exremely paranoid, and give them and anxiety attack. One of my buddies ex girlfriends, is stillmad at me, 28 years later, because she swears I put PCP in it. She laid in front of the toilet 4-5 hours, and would get up to gag, and dry heave over the toilet, and had extreme anxiety.
It was epic shit. Thing is. It was done, in 7 weeks. MAX. Outside, it wasnt done until 1st week of November. It was Narrow Leaf, and every plant, was an exact replica, of the next one. I never saw ONE, bad plant in 6 years of growing it. I got $5000 an lb, all day, everyday, and couldnt grow enough of it.
NWSun, on Strainly, and Opengrow, has C&C PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1 F2s for $45 a pack. I got 2 packs, and got 1 free for $100. I also have an original C&C pack.

Square case has Puck S1s. From El Jefe Gardens. I dont ususally buy fems, but couldnt pass these up. Ive never seen the Puck S1, or the clone for sale. And they were expensive, and was told, finicky.
Plus the Skunk x Puck, which I am really interested in, for the MALE. Ive got 4 packs of the Skunk x Puck.
Cough, I want for the Female.

Ive got 4 packs of these

Was expecting 12 seeds, and got 21.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Theyre in my top 3 of stuff I look for. Im mainly interested in old 80s-90s genetics from Nevils Seed Bank, Sensi Seeds, Super Sativa Seed Club, Serious Seeds, Federation Seeds. But really more specifically, Nevils Hashplant-Nevils/Sensi Seeds NL5 X Haze, Sensi NL5, Black Domina, Afghani #1, 4 Way. C&C basically resurrected Nevils Hashplant. They have the original Mother Nevil used. Pacific Northwest Hashplant, he has the Puck,,,,,, also known as Skelly cut, which is a plant found in 1988, from Nevils Hashplant, by a guy nicknamed Skelly, who kept his weed in a container, that looked like a hockey Puck. And He has the original NL1, that Nevil used, and backcrossed all that, and tested it for 3 years, before releasing it, 3 years ago. but he only released this one time. But, he concentrated on Puck stabilization, and his up to BC3. But the PWNHP x Puck/NL1, is the closest thing to Nevils original Hashplant, which is one of the main strains I was pursuing for a very longtime, as the stuff from Sensi, isnt any good. Nevil, sold all of his genetics to Sensi, in 1990, and they have lost most of the original genetics, on many/most of their strains, that I would be interested in..
Then theres the old NL5 x Haze, and Skunk 1. Other than some landraces I smoked in the late 60s-70s, the best stuff Ive ever seen was a cross of NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant x SK#1. I got 15 seeds of it from a friend, who got them from another friend, from 200 miles away.
I knew when they were growing, whey were special. They reeked of catpiss, hash, honeysuckle. You could smell the plants from in the basement, all the way out into the street. 75 feet away. I actually gave them to a friend for the seed increase, and when I first smoked it, I about crapped. One toke, and I knew it was the best stuff I had seen in 20 years. which mind you, this was in 1992. So, it wasas good as anything Ive seen since then.
I ended uplosing it to the feds. A partner ratted me out. He was 70, I was 39. He was a friends uncle, and he rented a house for me to set upin, and make clones for the next spring, to ut on his 2000 acre cattle farm, 150 miles away, in Lincoln county Ky. I gave him 500 clones, and he got caught, 3 days later, and he ratted on me, and they found 750 more. I did 7 years locked up, 5 years supervised release, and pled guilty ro a Mandatory Minimum 10-Life, and a 5 Million Dollar fine, which was waived. So I did from 1997-2009, under their ( FEDS ) thumb, and I have searched, to find genetics, so I may be able to recreate my old strain, since I got out.

The closest Ive found so far, is the C&C Puck x Skunk BC2, and either AKBeanBrains old Sensi NL5 x Haze, or Relic Cough BX3. Im leaning towards the Cough, as the stuff I had, would make you Cough your brains out, every hit. It was also dangerous to try and drive, and smoke, as it could make you lose your vision for several seconds, with even a small hit, if you really tried to hold it in. And it tasted like the best Nepali Temple Balls, that have ever been made. If I could have this strain back, my seed buying days, would be over.
Some people didnt like it. It made many people exremely paranoid, and give them and anxiety attack. One of my buddies ex girlfriends, is stillmad at me, 28 years later, because she swears I put PCP in it. She laid in front of the toilet 4-5 hours, and would get up to gag, and dry heave over the toilet, and had extreme anxiety.
It was epic shit. Thing is. It was done, in 7 weeks. MAX. Outside, it wasnt done until 1st week of November. It was Narrow Leaf, and every plant, was an exact replica, of the next one. I never saw ONE, bad plant in 6 years of growing it. I got $5000 an lb, all day, everyday, and couldnt grow enough of it.
NWSun, on Strainly, and Opengrow, has C&C PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1 F2s for $45 a pack. I got 2 packs, and got 1 free for $100. I also have an original C&C pack.

View attachment 2168491
View attachment 2168493
Square case has Puck S1s. From El Jefe Gardens. I dont ususally buy fems, but couldnt pass these up. Ive never seen the Puck S1, or the clone for sale. And they were expensive, and was told, finicky.
Plus the Skunk x Puck, which I am really interested in, for the MALE. Ive got 4 packs of the Skunk x Puck.
View attachment 2168497
View attachment 2168500
Ive got 4 packs of these

View attachment 2168501
View attachment 2168502
That’s awesome but also vary shitty the old head ratted on you I never heard of most that stuff but sounds awesome & amazing I haven’t got into a lot of the old strains yet i know some an want to try them but there’s a lot I still keep learning from people like your self I’m a 90’s kid so my back in the day story’s are from the 2000’s lol. So far I only found 1 strain that reminded me of middle school it’s the new RQS Titan F1 and it taste exactly like what we all called KB or Kind Bud in PA at the time.
Anyway sounds like a bitch to try and track down the your old collection but might be getting closer to finding them that’s sweet your buddys buddy had some.
It definitely sounds like something I would like to try 1 day best of luck to you buddy

SHiNi

SHiNi

View attachment 2168491
View attachment 2168493
View attachment 2168497
View attachment 2168500
Ive got 4 packs of these

View attachment 2168501
View attachment 2168502
Wow damn bro that's quite some background and I can imagine the weed you smoked. Have you created any strains of yourself ?

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Wow damn bro that's quite some background and I can imagine the weed you smoked. Have you created any strains of yourself ?
No, Ive not really created any of my own strains. Ive crossed strains ect, but as far as reinventing the wheel, no.
I also have no interest in all these Dessert Named strains, at all. And most cookies crosses, are Cookies Dominant, so if youve smoked a decent one, youve basically smoked them all, because its so dominant.

Also, if one would look back into the origins of many of the strains of today, one will see many of them have their origins in NL5-Haze, Skunk #1, NL1-NL2, NL5 x Haze-Black Domina-Afghan #1, Durban Poison ( COOKIES ) Hashplant, G13 x Hashplant, and a few others, are early building blocks. Theres a good reason NL5-Haze-Sk1, were used so much.

I just got these in the mail 30 minutes ago. Speakeasy Seeds had a sale last week. Regularly $125 a pack, and were on sale for $75. Now, I have 4 packs of them.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Hey guys I'm an outdoor grower and during the winter time I grow bagseed and this year I have found a gem in my opinion. Structure is there ,Vigour is there and he smells dank from a young age and when you do a stem rub it is sticky and dank the smell lingers on your fingers a whole while after you did the rub. And the smoke is 2 puffs stoned brain dead. Only thing is it's a male and I have 5 seeds left of that same batch and there is one female growing with him. I I'll pollinate that female and store the rest of the pollen and hunt through those "f1's"
To find the exact same plant but in female form.
I took a clone of the male and the female to keep as parents just incase something goes wrong along the line.
Now I want to ask you guys if and when I find the pheno I'm looking for in female form do I reverse it ? And keep as seed?
Or do I backcross it to the father to stabilize it ?
Or where do I go from here ?
Thanks in advance

It would IMHO, it would be best to do an open pollination, of all the seeds/plants, given that all come up happy, and healthy. Then, Id grow out as many as possible, of those, from the open pollination,, find what you are looking for, and backcross that, back into your male. Maybe even find 3-4 females, that fit the bill, as one female out of the batch you choose, may make a better paring, with your male. Its luck of the draw, until they been grown out, and tested.
I also dont think those are F1s. As its hard telling how many times theyve been bred. If you got them as F1s, and then recrossed them, you will have F2. Its really hard to assume what F generation, they are.

SHiNi

SHiNi

It would IMHO, it would be best to do an open pollination, of all the seeds/plants, given that all come up happy, and healthy. Then, Id grow out as many as possible, of those, from the open pollination,, find what you are looking for, and backcross that, back into your male. Maybe even find 3-4 females, that fit the bill, as one female out of the batch you choose, may make a better paring, with your male. Its luck of the draw, until they been grown out, and tested.
I also dont think those are F1s. As its hard telling how many times theyve been bred. If you got them as F1s, and then recrossed them, you will have F2. Its really hard to assume what F generation, they are.
Thanks for the great information will apply it on the next project. That male turned out a herm and chopped it and used it as mulch but will be popping some new seeds today and discarded those ones

Top Bottom