First tree grow

• Thread starter JK420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JK420

JK420

This is my first attempt at a tree grow. My lights are horizontal so the focus is on lots of tops. I'm looking for at least a unit off her. She's been in veg about a month, starting in 3 gal chow mix and now 7gal. I'm watering every other day. I have the space to dedicate a 1k to her, but I'm starting to run low on buds so I want to flip soonish. How much longer would you tree farmers veg her? I can transplant her into 15 gal, but don't want to waste the coco if I can do it in a 7gal.

First tree grow

JK420

JK420

Ok so I'll go ahead and transplant her. Another month will be pushing it, but I'll stretch out veg as long as I can.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yeah if you want a 1# plant you need to veg or have a system where they grow fast as fuck.

J

Jalisco Kid

Looks like she got chemed out by ferts. Leaves look like the internal pH inside the plant got out of wak. I would use a root formula for a week after the transplant. Going to a large container will not hurt ,but you would have gained more by up potting once a week. I find going to a large container late in veg or flower the root ball will not be much bigger then when transplanted. JK

JK420

JK420

Looks like she got chemed out by ferts. Leaves look like the internal pH inside the plant got out of wak. I would use a root formula for a week after the transplant. Going to a large container will not hurt ,but you would have gained more by up potting once a week. I find going to a large container late in veg or flower the root ball will not be much bigger then when transplanted. JK

You're right, I switched nutrients and it took a while to dial in a good feed. I'm feeding at 700ppms now, but with Canna I was feeding around 1000ppms in veg. I had Canna down, but my supplier doesn't carry them any more.

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

0702121541a
0702121541a
0702121608a
0702121541a
0702121541a
0702121608a
looks great man.if you trim of all the shoots and branches below your canopy, it will put all the energy into the top where your light is. I use chicken wire how to train my canopy and spread everything out so we can get lite.all the little Chute's and branches blow your canopy will take energy from the part of the plant that gets the most light.and yes, absolutely bigger containers early so your roots can spread.the bigger the root ball the bigger the plant and buds.

JK420

JK420

Wow thanks. Nice looking tree. What size tote do you have her in?

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

One of the big rubbermaids (35-40gal) drilled a bunch of holes init to get the aeropot thing going... 30 day veg. Lots of training and pruning of the things that don't make big buds.

Power OG

Power OG

looks great, but i would tranplant into 15gallon pot let her settle, then veg another 10 to 14 day then switch and i think you will definetly hit your unit mark. best of luck, cant wait to see the finish amount.

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

I just go from clone box to a gal for 1-1.5 weeks to see whitch ones I can structure the best, then right to my last big container for the rest, so she can grow grow grow. Put em on dollies to move em.
T5s clone/first veg
600w mh veg
1000w hps bloom

ttystikk

ttystikk

I just go from clone box to a gal for 1-1.5 weeks to see whitch ones I can structure the best, then right to my last big container for the rest, so she can grow grow grow. Put em on dollies to move em.
T5s clone/first veg
600w mh veg
1000w hps bloom

Do you reuse all that soil?

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Hell yea. I make shure there are active biologicals in my soil. And we're giving them nutes as needed anyway if we are good parents.. and I mix in new amendments to keep it good.

green bastard

green bastard

nice tree you got goin there!....how long you been vegging

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Thanks. When they come out of the clonebox I put em in 1 gal for a little over a week to settle in, then go straight to my final container before the roots get tooclose to the outside of the galon. I feel it cuts down on transplant shock, 30 day veg in the big one. I would have liked to go longer in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom