Fishing Questions

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have been wanting to take my kids fishing.
A buddy have me 3 6' rod and reel. Also a tackle box with some gear.
It's been years since I went fishing.
I know how to tie knots.
Just need some back to basic help.
I'm in Ridgefield Washington and we have allot of rivers. Also lakes close by within 5 minutes.
Weather is around 50°-80°
Really don't want to look like a idiot in front of my kids taking them fishing.
Any pointers?

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Really don't want to look like a idiot in front of my kids taking them fishing.
Any pointers?

lol That's part of the fun my friend. Besides it's not important what you catch compared to a great day with the kids. Just you spending time having fun with them is what's important.

G gnome

G gnome

When i take the kids fishing i dont really fish much myself. I just focus on boat control. Rebaiting hooks and most of all tangles and snags. Hey... thats how it is when i bring my buddies too lol

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

When trout fishing I forget a few things.
How far below the water line do I want my bait in 70° weather?
I'm going to try fishing this point on the lake. Hopefully I can find something near it.
Is it better to have the wind blowing in your face while on land fishing? Or would I want the wind blowing into the lake from my back side?

sixstring

sixstring

Wind at your back fr9m shore,better casting and bobber congrol.imo start from shore with kids untill they can all control their casting and are not getting snagged on each other lol.you want to try to go where theres some good panfish or bass so they are catching fish even if those fish are small they will have a blast.young ones tend to lose intrest fast if 5hey are not getting bites.i would go simple,worm and bobber,try to find water or a good dock thats got 6 to 10 foot of water.set hooks at 2 to 3 feet below bobbers.any longer and the rig will be harder to cast until they get it all down.city docks or metroparks can be great places to get em fishing and catching without some long ass hike to get to the spot . Gl and have fun

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Awesome.
A boat is a year or two out before I can afford one.
We visit the lake near my house often and seen a few fishermen with some nice sized trout.
Going to get my license today and hopefully will be casting today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom