Flower Development

• Thread starter reeferman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reeferman420

reeferman420

So i put my plants into flower the first week of january so 4 weeks into flower maybe start of 5th week. I planted 6 bagseeds five if which turned out female. teo of them are getting hps and m.h the other three are getting no hps which i can tell is putting tgem behind. ive taken about 25 cuts of these plants because i killed tge male and have no other way to continue the strain. its an indica sativa hybrid smells like lemon and pine trees. anyways im rambling now. im just wondering what average growth rate of flowers is and if my flowers seem like tgey are at a normal size for flipping the lights in the beginning of january. please let me know this is my first grow

Flower development
Flower development 2
Flower development 3
Flower development 4
Flower development 5
Flower development 6
Flower development 7
Flower development 8
Z

Zyx321

So i put my plants into flower the first week of january so 4 weeks into flower maybe start of 5th week. I planted 6 bagseeds five if which turned out female. teo of them are getting hps and m.h the other three are getting no hps which i can tell is putting tgem behind. ive taken about 25 cuts of these plants because i killed tge male and have no other way to continue the strain. its an indica sativa hybrid smells like lemon and pine trees. anyways im rambling now. im just wondering what average growth rate of flowers is and if my flowers seem like tgey are at a normal size for flipping the lights in the beginning of january. please let me know this is my first grow
They don't look too far behind of at all. They do look healthy. It almost looks like they may be a little bit light deprived. How big is your area and what are you using for lighting?

Z

Zyx321

They don't look too far behind of at all. They do look healthy. It almost looks like they may be a little bit light deprived. How big is your area and what are you using for lighting?
I apologize I just read your post a bit more carefully the lack of HPS lighting is definitely definitely going to put them a little bit behind compared to ones that are getting adequate HPS lighting

reeferman420

reeferman420

they stretched a lottt when i flipped tge lights its 5by7 i have9 lights running in my room 2 70w hps 2 250w m.h a 320wm.h a 225 bulb led 2 54w t5s and a coupke little t8s

Z

Zyx321

I apologize I just read your post a bit more carefully the lack of HPS lighting is definitely definitely going to put them a little bit behind compared to ones that are getting adequate HPS lighting
By week 4 you should see little pom poms at every site tops being a little bit bigger so try to crank up the HPS. Otherwise like I said they look healthy and it looks like you are doing a fine job on your first grow

reeferman420

reeferman420

im actually waiting on.my taxes found a 400w hps light with ballast im gonna be getting fir flower but i dont have money til the irs pays me

reeferman420

reeferman420

thanks it started in a 3 by 5 closet upgraded to a tent spebt a total of 50 bucks on all my lights got my techbaflora nutes for free so i been lucky

Z

Zyx321

they stretched a lottt when i flipped tge lights its 5by7 i have9 lights running in my room 2 70w hps 2 250w m.h a 320wm.h a 225 bulb led 2 54w t5s and a coupke little t8s
The stretching is totally normal they always do that after you flip the lights to 12:12 you have quite an array of lighting it's too bad you couldn't just do away with all that and put in a couple of 600 watt HPS lamps for the flowering. If you wanted to go crazy you could do a couple of 1000 wat lamps. A lot of times grow stores will sell combination kit air cooled reflector with ballast and bulb and you could save a significant amount of money buying it like that IMO. If you keep on truckin the way you are now I think you're going to be happy just the same around week 5 is always the time I start to second guess everything are the flowers big enough excetera excetera and I'm only psyching myself out so don't forget to be patient man. Maybe try for a little lighting upgrade with your next grow and keep some of the stuff you have now and you could rig up some killer side lighting so the flowers under the canopy will get nice and fat

reeferman420

reeferman420

imgonna grab a 400 w hps for the plants getting none comes with new bulb and hood and ballast fir 40 bucks

Z

Zyx321

Make sure they're not getting too much food and that they have run off with each watering or a good flush if the runoff PPMS start to get crazy high compared to what you're putting in. I'm only adding this in because I I noticed some downward curl along some of the leaf margins that could be a symptom of too much nutes.

reeferman420

reeferman420

im at a constant 77 degrees i think any bigger than the 400 will increase temps. i will probably remove tge 320w m.h when i get the hps

Z

Zyx321

Make sure they're not getting too much food and that they have run off with each watering or a good flush if the runoff PPMS start to get crazy high compared to what you're putting in. I'm only adding this in because I I noticed some downward curl along some of the leaf margins that could be a symptom of too much nutes.
Good call on the HPS every little bit will help we can only do what we can do right

reeferman420

reeferman420

ya one of them accudentky git a doubke dose of nutrients its vsry noticable. im gonna let it dry out some and run straight water thru it

Z

Zyx321

Good call on the HPS every little bit will help we can only do what we can do right
What about an air cooled reflector in a small inline fan that's something you'll want to think about for the future when you're not limited financially good luck!

Z

Zyx321

ya one of them accudentky git a doubke dose of nutrients its vsry noticable. im gonna let it dry out some and run straight water thru it
If you think it got over nooded I would hit it with the water now don't wait till it dries out it will just take up more and more of the nutrients and symptoms could potentially get worse. I know it's hard but they say you're supposed to flush with three times the amount of water as the size of your pot is so a 3 gallon pot would need 9 gallons of water etc. I don't always flush that hard I usually check the run off with a TDS meter to see if its lowering but it will not hurt your girls to do so just pouring the water slowly and really flush it out good on your last dose of flush add quarter strength nutrients so it's not completely stripped out

reeferman420

reeferman420

its a 5 gallon the others are ten gsllon im actually getting an inline fan with carbon fikter for snother 40 from the guy i.bought my tent from

Latest posts

Top Bottom