Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil... Is it recommended to use fresh new soil with each new plant? If so, when in the growing cycle would be best to start adding nutes without burning the plant? I don't want to add too much due to what the soil already has in it.

katraiter

katraiter

Ocean Forest is all I use and I'm on day 16 for this grow last week I started using Fox farm big bloom and holy mackerel , this week stepping up to 24 14 11 veggie cultivation nation .

PXL 20240403 201825576PORTRAIT
O

Omaha101

Ocean Forest is all I use and I'm on day 16 for this grow last week I started using Fox farm big bloom and holy mackerel , this week stepping up to 24 14 11 veggie cultivation nation

Ocean Forest is all I use and I'm on day 16 for this grow last week I started using Fox farm big bloom and holy mackerel , this week stepping up to 24 14 11 veggie cultivation nation .
Do you always start with fresh soil? Do you recommend using old soil at all?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil... Is it recommended to use fresh new soil with each new plant? If so, when in the growing cycle would be best to start adding nutes without burning the plant? I don't want to add too much due to what the soil already has in it.
I wouldn't reuse ocean forest, I would also get some aeration like rice hulls to add and don't feed for a bit. Ocean forest is geared more towards flower IMO and has a good amount of nutes in it. I would use happy frog and then transplant into ocean forest for flower. Happy Frog has mostly mychorazae and not a lot of nutes so good for early on✌

katraiter

katraiter

Yeah I do always start fresh, but I have mixed it half and half when. I was tight or low on dirt with no issues.

katraiter

katraiter

This is the first time I haven't cut the whole bag with a small bag of pearlite , so far so good , however they do seem a little hot out of the gate this time ! 😁 I started with a mild dose of big bloom and then couple days later started the holy mackerel and they seem to be doing ok for now , I plan to add Coco coir at transplant and mix with the other bag of ocean Forest but in the past Its all I have used from start to finish.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil...
Okay.

Is it recommended to use fresh new soil with each new plant?
It depends on who is doing the recommendation. There are many ways to grow plants.

If so, when in the growing cycle would be best to start adding nutes without burning the plant?
It depends on the plant. I don't use pure Ocean Forest, so I can't say for sure. I just try to figure out what the plant needs.

Do you always start with fresh soil?
No. I reuse old soil and make a mixture that includes various amendments. I believe many growers mix their soil.

Do you recommend using old soil at all?
I wouldn't recommend it to a new grower.

Ranger0282

Ranger0282

Learned a good lesson here. I bought the same soil and was planning on fertilizing during the flower stage. I am still trying to just get my outdoor plants to live. Somewhere in the wild world of YouTube it was mentioned to mix in some of the small charcoal that didn't burn up from a wood fire instead of adding more pearlite to the soil. I don't get to town but about once a month and the 2 stores I visited today didn't sell pearlite. So charcoal it is..I guess.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Learned a good lesson here. I bought the same soil and was planning on fertilizing during the flower stage. I am still trying to just get my outdoor plants to live. Somewhere in the wild world of YouTube it was mentioned to mix in some of the small charcoal that didn't burn up from a wood fire instead of adding more pearlite to the soil. I don't get to town but about once a month and the 2 stores I visited today didn't sell pearlite. So charcoal it is..I guess.
Rice hulls are great

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
So charcoal it is..I guess.
It can be used in soil, but it isn't a substitute for perlite. Charcoal briquettes can be broken into pieces. Biochar can also be used. Both can buffer pH and beneficial microorganisms can live on the surface of carbon and biochar. The main purpose of perlite, however, is to improve drainage and soil porosity. Charcoal doesn't do that, nor does it provide any nutrients or gas exchange in the soil. Rice hulls work well for those purposes.

P

ProfessorIndica

If you have not started yet, use a ocean Forrest, light warrior and ff planting mix in equal parts, add 2 cups fruit n flower if building a flower soil, or bulb food if building a veg soil.

this will take you begining to end with nothing but ro water abd a cap or 2 big blooms organic per gallons wen watering

use great white myco as transplant inoculation. A tea here or there maybe a top dress.

But no meters, no stress, nothin but eazy smooth sailing

katraiter

katraiter

I even mix it with the native soil and plant my plants in the yard , mixes great with yard soil here in Florida .

Top Bottom