Frustrated with Mars Hydro contact ability.

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phillyguy

I purchased a light from Mars Hydro. Got the conformation for my order and am waiting shipping. It's been 4 days and yes I am impatient obviously lol. The problem is you can't speak to anyone. You can email them which I did. There is a phone number. When the recorder says the message it says nothing about the company name. It justvsays "leave your message after the tone." I'm older and like talking to people not email back and forth. What a strange company. God forbid I have an issue then what? Thinking when it gets here I may just send it back if I can figure out how and buy from a different company. Anyone have issues with contact from them?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Understood. I've had my share of frustrations with some vendors. Maybe it'll be better next week.
I’ve tried to contact them I have the FC-E8000, never had a issue but wanted to buy a spare set of side rails (I do crazy shit with my lights) they never even responded to me (this was a year ago roughly maybe it’s better now) the light itself is still fully functional but customer service… not so much

R

rexxwood

I paid $600.00 for a FC-E8000 Aug 2022. I have had four grows of autos in my 5x5 AC Infinity tent. In every grow the plant in the top right area of the tent burns, while the other 3 quarters are under the Ideal lighting level. I contacted MH by email they do not have a working listed phone number. They redirected me to their Amazon customer service team, which I am 99% sure is in CHINA. 1 email per day and I mean 1 a day. I explained the issues I am having. And after being told how to adjust the light (turn it down and stop when the plant does not burn any more) I explained that would cause the other areas to be under lit. I was told to preform a light test and given instructions which I followed to the t. I sent many pictures of the light being centered, Plumb, and 16" from the floor in the tent. I even hung plumb bobs from the corners. It took a while to grid off the tent 100 areas to take readings from, Twice, once with the doors vents and windows open and then closed. I sent the results and pictures, She (Alice) said I did not have the light centered I resent the photos. Then she said the tent was not closed. Again I resent the photos. She then wanted a picture of the light turn on and facing the camera. I sent it to her between these events she was trying to put the blame on me some how. I asked for my case to be escalated to her supervisor 4 times so far.
Each grid on the Right side of the tent is hotter the the corresponding grid on the Left side except 2. Some are 10, 20 lower some are 100, 200, lower . Adding up the results the par levels are.....Top Right is +1003 par brighter=hotter vs Bottom Right, Top Right is +1922 par brighter=hotter vs Bottom Left, Top Right is +1544 par brighter=hotter vs Top Left, for a total of +4469 divided by 3 = 1489.66 par brighter=hotter over all.
I think this is good proof along with every grow having burning issues in the top right area. This has been going on now for well over a month. They have ghosted me no response to my emails in the last week as of 7-19-23. My next coarse of action is amazon customer protection. If I knew then, what I know now, I WOULD NOT be using a MARS HYDRO LIGHT THAT BURNS MY PLANTS they do not HONOR their warranty. and Alice was beyond irritating, asking the same questions two and three times. Just look at other reviews
They have a few growers that they sponsor who will lick the dirt off their feet and say anything to get free stuff and a couple bucks on each sale linked to their FB, YT, TWIT, or what ever account. I cant stand when companies rip off the little guy consumer especially on a $600.00 purchase. That's a lot of hard earned money they took. Look else where for your lighting needs.

Response from the owner,

"We provide a 5-year warranty, if the LED has any quality problems, we can provide after-sales service, please contact [email protected]. We'll take care of it within 24 hours."

My response to their response

I jumped through every hoop your fictitious customer service person " Alice " put in front of me.
I spent hours upon hours performing tests providing pictures of the results. Receiving 1 email per-day only to told there was no problem with the light. Then your warranty department "Alice" ghosted me after 2 months of answering questions some as many 3 times and remember this is ONE email per day. You tried to ware me down but failed! Amazon made it right.
So you say you have a warranty. BUT YOU DON'T HONOR IT. Mars Hydro is a very bad Chinese rip-off company who pays American growers with free merch to give good reviews for bad products. Greed and Deceit.
Before you buy a MH grow light. Look at any forum reviews without sponsors, Stay away from U Tube you will be amazed at how different the reviews are.
Avoid going through what I did, $800.00 is a lot to give to a Chinese rip off co.

20230710 114528
20230710 115347
20230714 005055
20230710 104027
20230710 111957
20230710 110235
20230710 114548
Last edited:
Newty

Newty

Are you using Mars Hydro USA website or international?

I emailed Mars Hydro about vendor/distribution information and they replied within a couple hours. I didn't end up going any further after seeing the vendor pricelist...

R

rexxwood

Are you using Mars Hydro USA website or international?

I emailed Mars Hydro about vendor/distribution information and they replied within a couple hours. I didn't end up going any further after seeing the vendor pricelist...
International because it was purchased through Amazon.com but sold by mh. It took a year to get my money back.
They try to wear you down.

R

rexxwood

I’ve tried to contact them I have the FC-E8000, never had a issue but wanted to buy a spare set of side rails (I do crazy shit with my lights) they never even responded to me (this was a year ago roughly maybe it’s better now) the light itself is still fully functional but customer service… not so much
No I called yesterday 5/1/24 (626) 587-8506 this is the bs California office number.

R

rexxwood

I paid $600.00 for a FC-E8000 Aug 2022. I have had four grows of autos in my 5x5 AC Infinity tent. In every grow the plant in the top right area of the tent burns, while the other 3 quarters are under the Ideal lighting level. I contacted MH by email they do not have a working listed phone number. They redirected me to their Amazon customer service team, which I am 99% sure is in CHINA. 1 email per day and I mean 1 a day. I explained the issues I am having. And after being told how to adjust the light (turn it down and stop when the plant does not burn any more) I explained that would cause the other areas to be under lit. I was told to preform a light test and given instructions which I followed to the t. I sent many pictures of the light being centered, Plumb, and 16" from the floor in the tent. I even hung plumb bobs from the corners. It took a while to grid off the tent 100 areas to take readings from, Twice, once with the doors vents and windows open and then closed. I sent the results and pictures, She (Alice) said I did not have the light centered I resent the photos. Then she said the tent was not closed. Again I resent the photos. She then wanted a picture of the light turn on and facing the camera. I sent it to her between these events she was trying to put the blame on me some how. I asked for my case to be escalated to her supervisor 4 times so far.
Each grid on the Right side of the tent is hotter the the corresponding grid on the Left side except 2. Some are 10, 20 lower some are 100, 200, lower . Adding up the results the par levels are.....Top Right is +1003 par brighter=hotter vs Bottom Right, Top Right is +1922 par brighter=hotter vs Bottom Left, Top Right is +1544 par brighter=hotter vs Top Left, for a total of +4469 divided by 3 = 1489.66 par brighter=hotter over all.
I think this is good proof along with every grow having burning issues in the top right area. This has been going on now for well over a month. They have ghosted me no response to my emails in the last week as of 7-19-23. My next coarse of action is amazon customer protection. If I knew then, what I know now, I WOULD NOT be using a MARS HYDRO LIGHT THAT BURNS MY PLANTS they do not HONOR their warranty. and Alice was beyond irritating, asking the same questions two and three times. Just look at other reviews
They have a few growers that they sponsor who will lick the dirt off their feet and say anything to get free stuff and a couple bucks on each sale linked to their FB, YT, TWIT, or what ever account. I cant stand when companies rip off the little guy consumer especially on a $600.00 purchase. That's a lot of hard earned money they took. Look else where for your lighting needs.

Response from the owner,

"We provide a 5-year warranty, if the LED has any quality problems, we can provide after-sales service, please contact [email protected]. We'll take care of it within 24 hours."

My response to their response

I jumped through every hoop your fictitious customer service person " Alice " put in front of me.
I spent hours upon hours performing tests providing pictures of the results. Receiving 1 email per-day only to told there was no problem with the light. Then your warranty department "Alice" ghosted me after 2 months of answering questions some as many 3 times and remember this is ONE email per day. You tried to ware me down but failed! Amazon made it right.
So you say you have a warranty. BUT YOU DON'T HONOR IT. Mars Hydro is a very bad Chinese rip-off company who pays American growers with free merch to give good reviews for bad products. Greed and Deceit.
Before you buy a MH grow light. Look at any forum reviews without sponsors, Stay away from U Tube you will be amazed at how different the reviews are.
Avoid going through what I did, $800.00 is a lot to give to a Chinese rip off co.
The graph is what they claim their lights spread is, Could it be any more perfect? look at the difference between the corresponding grids nothing greater than 4? The perfect light on paper. Have you ever heard figures don't lie, But a liar can figure.?
Compare this to an honest company's graph Like AC Infinity better diodes worse results shows they actually tested the light. In my opinion they (AC) are a honest company. Compare the two MH graph is a lie and they use substandard diodes. .bs chinese rip off company.

MHBS
ACI
Last edited:
Top Bottom