IMG 20240502 181832098
IMG 20240502 181836931
IMG 20240502 181844133
IMG 20240502 182225021
IMG 20240502 182230923
IMG 20240502 182235023

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

the burnt tips there look like nutrient burn to me, id lower the nutrient levels in the soil make sure ph is in range and is not under 6.0. i dont think its the light there look how far away it is. if your not feeding bottled nutrients just adding by amending maybe your amending the soil to hot, or potting up into big pots to early and watering causing high ec in the soil. id try a big water to run off reduce the soils ec as there already in big pots now. the more soil in the pot when you water = more nutrients are released.👍

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

when you say it happens after about 4 week, thats the nutrients building up in the soil. you want the plant eating all the nutrients before the repot if that helps.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i thought i started with hot soil but then was convinced i had light stress i had other plants in the tent that is doing the same thing , i started with hot soil and i had my lights up at the very top of the tent at around 75 percent for the first few days then i lowered the light and dimmed it to 50 , then i was convinced it was light stress and to lower the light to 25 per cent so i did that for about a week an half , i just transplanted to the 3 gallon pots about 3 or 4 days ago

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
week 6 a couple days after transplanting them to 3 gallon pots using new
Could be your soil..... Do you do dry amendments? I think so, but sorry if I'm mistaken. If so try real growers recharge it will correct a ton of issues nutrient wise. It's a cheap cheat code

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i thought i started with hot soil but then was convinced i had light stress i had other plants in the tent that is doing the same thing , i started with hot soil and i had my lights up at the very top of the tent at around 75 percent for the first few days then i lowered the light and dimmed it to 50 , then i was convinced it was light stress and to lower the light to 25 per cent so i did that for about a week an half , i just transplanted to the 3 gallon pots about 3 or 4 days ago
keep lowering the light see if its that, i dont think it is personally to far away to be. i could stand in there and not bang my head😂

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

keep lowering the light see if its that, i dont think it is personally to far away to be. i could stand in there and not bang my head😂
i had a total of 14 plants in the same tent under the same light , if it was a lighting problem wouldnt they all burn or stress at once instead of a week or 2 apart ?

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i had a total of 14 plants in the same tent under the same light , if it was a lighting problem wouldnt they all burn or stress at once instead of a week or 2 apart ?
yeh id say so if there all level and one burns, why wouldnt the other. also if you had your light strength high at first when they where seedlings how come they didnt burn then. reducing the light will stop the plant taking in as much nutrients. more light the plant will use up the nutrients faster. thats why i think its too much nutrients/ hot soil lowering the light will make it worse no doubt.

W

Wheezy420

Hey man you can download an app called Photone to your phone and check your PAR/ PPFD readings. Then you can hang the lights and dial it in very easily. Take the guess work out. It worked great for me

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

yeh id say so if there all level and one burns, why wouldnt the other. also if you had your light strength high at first when they where seedlings how come they didnt burn then. reducing the light will stop the plant taking in as much nutrients. more light the plant will use up the nutrients faster. thats why i think its too much nutrients/ hot soil lowering the light will make it worse no doubt.
i was trying to ask those kind of questions and people just got mad lol

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i was trying to ask those kind of questions and people just got mad lol
ill try help as much as i can bud, personally think its something in the soil. whats the ph in the soil you able to test that. if you can ph to 6.5 when you water that should balance it out, just make sure to get a decent amount of run off when the soil is next dry and you water. then you could test the ph off the run off will give you a idea of. what the soils at.👍

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

ill try help as much as i can bud, personally think its something in the soil. whats the ph in the soil you able to test that. if you can ph to 6.5 when you water that should balance it out, just make sure to get a decent amount of run off when the soil is next dry and you water. then you could test the ph off the run off will give you a idea of. what the soils at.👍
i have not checked ph in 2 years im all organic , as for the soil that is a long long story because i reuse my soil i had 5 bales of pro mix last jan 2023 used 1 then next grow reused it but added 1 new bale , next grow reused soil but added 1 new bale and so on like that until now , now this whole time i m amended the soil before i planted a seed ,last grow my plants got stress from me over watering plants did not grow big but i still feed them on my normal feeding schedule that has been good to me , but the plants did not use the nutrients so when i started this grow guess what i amended like always but i think the soil was already hot before i amended long story and hard to understand lol

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i have not checked ph in 2 years im all organic , as for the soil that is a long long story because i reuse my soil i had 5 bales of pro mix last jan 2023 used 1 then next grow reused it but added 1 new bale , next grow reused soil but added 1 new bale and so on like that until now , now this whole time i m amended the soil before i planted a seed ,last grow my plants got stress from me over watering plants did not grow big but i still feed them on my normal feeding schedule that has been good to me , but the plants did not use the nutrients so when i started this grow guess what i amended like always but i think the soil was already hot before i amended
long story and hard to understand lol
something like this you could test your ph super easy, i personally would try test it organic or not. little bit off water run off through the pot then test it with some thing like this. i you dont know the ph of the soil. maybe it could be that when the ph drops under 6.0 this stuff happens organic or not the plant will show leaf problems.👍
Ph test

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

well i did transplant them from the .5gallon plastic pots with what i think was bad soil into 3 gallon fabric pots using new soil and amendments , the soil i use is pro mix premium organic the ingredients of the soil says it has ground limestone for ph adjustment with using the new soil i would think im ok

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

well i did transplant them from the .5gallon plastic pots with what i think was bad soil into 3 gallon fabric pots using new soil and amendments , the soil i use is pro mix premium organic the ingredients of the soil says it has ground limestone for ph adjustment with using the new soil i would think im ok
View attachment 2163643
yeh the lime stone buffer must run out at one point right, thats what makes the ph out of range.👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Have you tried any of those soil testing kits? Or sent any out to be tested?

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

these 3 plants are in the same tent same soil same light etc there the first plants ending of week 6 im thinking about throwing 2 of them away lol View attachment 2163723View attachment 2163724View attachment 2163725
dont throw them bud, you could allways put them outside if they dont recover. try a good water to run off see what that does. like water the full pot until water runs out the bottom of the pot like 10 percent. pour the run off away and save a bit for a ph test, above in the mix there i see theres coir.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
no unless they are all clones and even then its not 100%. Cannabis genetics vary wildly from phenotype to phenotype and especially genotype to genotype

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

well to me they still do not look to be getting any better , and i did listen to the captn and i did lower the light and intensity to 25 percent for about a week and half the plants still got worse , if the half gallon of soil i had them in was bad i did transplant them to 3 gallon pots so they would be 2.5 gallon of brand new never used soil that i did amended with gaia green all purpose

im not an expert but do not see how every lighting company is wrong when they all tell u about the same thing start at 50 percent and so many inches

Latest posts

Top Bottom