germination rates on latest Top dog seeds

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rarekind

I purchase from another site but had good results. I put my packs in the freezer for a week. I germed 6 and all made it. I got 4 females and 2 males. IMO, seeds are just that,.... its always a crap shot and anything small issue can prevent seeds from germinating. I have hell germinating seeds that were made in my greenhouse. Thats when I started using my freezer as a pre germination catalyst.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I purchase from another site but had good results. I put my packs in the freezer for a week. I germed 6 and all made it. I got 4 females and 2 males. IMO, seeds are just that,.... its always a crap shot and anything small issue can prevent seeds from germinating. I have hell germinating seeds that were made in my greenhouse. Thats when I started using my freezer as a pre germination catalyst.

Storwd in fidge the whole time
Confu

D

Digger

Hi Confuten1, I store in the fridge also, and had the same problem with the chem urkle 2's. Split and produced a small tail, then turned brown. I will try again, but lately I've been skipping the paper towel step and going from the soak straight into the dirt and trying not to bury them too deep and not being shy with the water when I plant them. I have good drainage with my soil so, I don't over water them, but they are nice and moist. You may want to try skipping the paper towel, ever give it a whiff after it's been sitting wet a few days. I wouldn't do well in an environment like that either. Good luck with them, I might be popping more soon, but will probably try the stardawg first. I'm looking for a nice stardawg male to hit to a few things.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
So is JJ out of breeding for good now b/c of the Scare that everyone talks about, ? Just don't see any big drops anymore, all seems to be OLD Gear that everyone is getting ^^^^^
Maybe JJ NYC will chime in and make it right on them packs.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
JJ is taking a break and laying low for a bit.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Don't have the Chem Urkle 2's, but my Stardawgs & Tres Dawg ix's from the drop roughly a year ago did great. Popped straight in to rapid rooters, watered, vented dome under t5, no real issues. Definite Dank in JJ's gear too. Sorry for the bum results Confu. Hope you have better luck next time. Peace!
Motiv

Thcola

Thcola

most breeders do not COLD SNAP their beans!!! I only know of a few's whom I would trade old gear with, knowings its not just going to be bird seed..

Phoenix

Phoenix

ended up with 4 that sprouted , 7 that did not germ , and 2 that spit a tail and just gave up ..

had 1 female of those 4 .. JJ said if I didn't find a keeper from the pack he would replace the pack .. I never followed thru and asking for a replacement pack as I scored a couple purple strains locally to mess with

Same for me on Tres StarDawg... 4 out of 13, some split with tail and just gave up immediately, some never even cracked, one mutant, 2 males, 1 female but she looks like A full on Amazon Bitch in Heat :wideyed: Waiting to see final results:peeking:

E

el boyo

just popped stardawg and Hawaiian chem.. 24 out of 26 seeds came up.. couldn't be happier :)

juggernaut

juggernaut

Sucks.
I tried to germ 4 Stardawg sis 0 germinated.
but was 100% with white hp bx.
Sucks
Still have a few left to try:)
I was very impressed WHPbx so I'm still pumped for these Stardawg sis

Thcola

Thcola

y'all are making me nervous as hell! I have a pack of Chem urkle 2 from Top Dawg that I am just about to get around to... I got them mid 13' drop. Hope they sprout!

One Flip

One Flip

My Tre Stardawg's popped 11/11... my 11 th was a poly...can't remember the last part of that word.. but it's where the main stock looks like two individual branches that have grown together.. i hope the new clones i took from it do the same.. super sturdy.. my M/f ratio was good too.. I think 3 maybe 4 males.. I would have to double check.. I know it wasnt over 4..

no pre soak
bottled water poured on some napkins folded twice
put the napkins in a gallon freezer bag
put on the edge of comcast cable box
48 hours 3/8 inch tails

wanting another stardawg drop:)

squiggly

squiggly

If you got nothing to pop, hit up logic he may have some stock left that he can toss you. Who knows? Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen--especially considering JJ isn't around.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I met and talked to JJ at the cup. also got some beans from him so I know he is still around but I haven't popped them yet..soon though

L

Leo diamonds

I got a pack of Guava 13 at the cup from jj and I got 2 out of 13, with one more that might make it with intensive care. I'm 63 for 63 on every other seed from this round. Is this one of the better places to get a response from jj?

wonka

wonka

7/7 on the original version of sour dawg... those date back being made 07-08

w.wonka

L.Burna

L.Burna

Only 8/13 for my Tres Stardawg but I must say every one of my females was worthy of keeping. Some of the best dank I've grown from seeds purchased online. Ended up keeping #4 and #5 and like a dumbass tossed out my males. Currently working on making some female seeds from them and chucking any pollen I have at those females.

One Flip

One Flip

Only 8/13 for my Tres Stardawg but I must say every one of my females was worthy of keeping. Some of the best dank I've grown from seeds purchased online. Ended up keeping #4 and #5 and like a dumbass tossed out my males. Currently working on making some female seeds from them and chucking any pollen I have at those females.
I actually did go 11/11.. the #11 being male.. I have to agree.. out of all the packs I have popped this has been one of the most consistent packs for keepers.. 3 females almost look identical.. great work JJ.. I hope you come to the Seattle cup so i can get some more gear!

Top Bottom