Getting Read To Chop... Green Leaves VS Yellow.. Does It Make A Difference?

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

1st grow.. 1st harvest.. originally worried about yellow leaves in late flower.. now concerned why a lot of my leaves are still green close to chop time.. when most of images I've been seeing here the majority of leaves are yellowing.. it that okay?... or what.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

They look like this:

2 12b

Plant with a lot of green:

2 12a

Z

Zill

Looks like you git loads of clear trichs. Plan to harvest after they all turn cloudy. Some members allow a percentage of the trichs to go from cloudy to amber. Search for similar threads, if interested.

Looks good and frosty.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Looks like you git loads of clear trichs. Plan to harvest after they all turn cloudy. Some members allow a percentage of the trichs to go from cloudy to amber.
Yep! Check the trichomes. There's no better method. I still do that, but also observe other indicators.

1st grow.. 1st harvest.. originally worried about yellow leaves in late flower.. now concerned why a lot of my leaves are still green close to chop time.. when most of images I've been seeing here the majority of leaves are yellowing.. it that okay?... or what.
The leaves tell us about the vitality of the plant. I try to keep leaves green during the early flowering stage. The green color means they're still providing the plant with what it needs. Yellow leaves can be removed. During late flowering, yellowing leaves can mean that the plant has used most of the remaining nutrients. Yellowing also indicates senescence (biological aging), which means the plant is nearing the end of its life.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yep! Check the trichomes. There's no better method. I still do that, but also observe other indicators.

The leaves tell us about the vitality of the plant. I try to keep leaves green during the early flowering stage. The green color means they're still providing the plant with what it needs. Yellow leaves can be removed. During late flowering, yellowing leaves can mean that the plant has used most of the remaining nutrients. Yellowing also indicates senescence (biological aging), which means the plant is nearing the end of its life.
Good explanation, i would only add to make sure the leaves are not dark green near the end. That will be some awful, harsh smoke no matter how long the cure.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Thanks my fellow growers.. much appreciated ! ................ What are your estimations of amber in the image below?
This image is taken straight down on top of flower

Cut 1

Top Bottom