Ginormous and PH

• Thread starter Duder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Duder

Hello everyone

I recently ran out of bigbud and decided to try Humboldts Ginormous. I am running a DIY undercurrent using tap water. I had great results using bigbud as my booster and Aqua flakes as my base for weeks 2-8.
I cant get my PH to stabilize using the Ginormous. I followed the instructions on the bottle "5ml for every gallon" and could not get my PH below 6.4 :sign0065:. I decided to dump it and tried 3ml a gallon. The Ph drops after adding PH down but drifts back to 6.3 the next day. Anyone have experience with this stuff?
I am used to adding my nutes and not having to PH at all some weeks, keeping a constant 5.8 until my weekly nute change.
This is very frustrating. I also purchased MOAB since I am running low on overdrive. Can MOAB be using as a booster all the way threw flower? At least until I can get my hands on some more bigbud?

Papi Chingon

Papi Chingon

I use Ginormous, but I mix each batch before I water in drain to waste, so I'm no help with your ph issue. What I can say is that MOAB is not to be used thoughout flower, just week 1 (optional) and then the last week or two. A "like" product to the MOAB would be "Big Up" by Humboldt Nutrients, and if you look at the HN's feed schedule it shows you what I'm talking about. Best of luck.

D

Duder

Thanks Papi
I already purchased the MOAB, I did use it in the first week, seems to have jump started things.

D

Duder

Anyone have any experience with this happening with anything nutrient combo? What did you do to resolve it?

D

Duder

I think im just going to go back to my old trusty bigbid. I cant get much info on Ginormous being used in hydro, although my girls look great im used to them eating 5gal of water a day and I haven't really had to add much water with the ginormous in the rez. Which tells me my girls are not happy with their food. I was thinking of doing the hammerhead/ MOAB combo at the end of flower. If I buy Hammerhead, is there any reason to buy big bud? Isn't Hammerhead basically the same?
Thanks is advance!

Top Bottom