Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

I know jason king talks about a fast strain from the midwest or somewhere that is called platinum, but personally when I used to grow Bubba Kush they always called mine Platinum Bubba and it didn't have anything to do with the Platinum genetics but just an extension of the word Platinum meaning worth more...lol I sure didn't get paid more but I'm betting they did...lmao
L.A. is the place for attaching stupid names to the front of your strain name as it fetches more money and apparantly fits in with their love of advertising/marketing...i.e., gucci OG, and the like....
yeah us humans fall for that marketing all right...it seems everything is some sort of marketing these days..i need me one of those degrees next!!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
what I mean by marketing is, it doesn't matter what you call a variety, the looks, smell and smokeability should mean a hell of whole lot more than the title it goes by...but ask any club and they will tell you the name makes a huge difference...sad but true.

I concur 1000% with Bill on this one:D

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yeah us humans fall for that marketing all right...it seems everything is some sort of marketing these days..i need me one of those degrees next!!!
I understand with many competitors someone needs to stand out or have their product stand out but when the marketing/advertising pushes the product harder than the product speaks for itself...that's what blows my top...lol
I apologize for the high-jack, back to the girl scouts...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Exactly you took the words out of my mouth Goo these traits are hard to over look super vigorous for being a clone only ..dont usually see that in clones as they get older and kinda worn out this is def not the case i might throw a few OD for kicks see what the light in the sky can do with her!!!
Do it dog let's see how outdoor Cali grown GSC comes out

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

being this thread is blowing up... I would like to ask any one or a breeder a question , Does the word Platinum in front of a strain mean it is a different strain or the same strain just grown excellently, Is there a clarification on this inquiring minds wanna know... sorry for off topic Goo, but i'm pretty sure you don't mind but seemed like the right place to ask... Hate starting threads for a simple question bro... Respect SoSer
I think it's means a real good grown plant.. But me & Ali r gunna put that 2 the test b'cuz he gots GSC & platinum GSC & were both gunna run them side by side 2 get 2 the bottom of this.. So far Ali said they grow a Lil different..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I know jason king talks about a fast strain from the midwest or somewhere that is called platinum, but personally when I used to grow Bubba Kush they always called mine Platinum Bubba and it didn't have anything to do with the Platinum genetics but just an extension of the word Platinum meaning worth more...lol I sure didn't get paid more but I'm betting they did...lmao
L.A. is the place for attaching stupid names to the front of your strain name as it fetches more money and apparantly fits in with their love of advertising/marketing...i.e., gucci OG, and the like....
Yep that's LA 4 u

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

ya most often its just tagged to a really well grown strain... But there all actual platinum strains... Like a platinum og that is a OG x Aghani. There is a strain of just 'platinum' a homie has been growing for nearly 10 years, and its just a nice kush like indica. Like a master kushy/bubba kush plant... WHen he says platinum, people are like "platinum kush?" and he replies, "No, JUST platinum".

but in the case of cookies and cherry pie, the term platinum just means really well grown, or the real deal.. The 'platinum' cherry pie, is no different than regular cherry pie. As for cherry pie, the 'mutant' pheno is the durban leaning one, and the 'normal' growing cherry pie is what is being referred to as the 'gdp leaning' CP.

And ya, the GSC does have a lot of vigor. But almost any strain ive grown from seed/taken clones off has that same amount of vigor. You figure the GSC was probably sprouted from seed less than 5 years ago, so its still relatively young and vigorous... Although im sure there are cuts out there that have been through hell with broad mites/ revegges, and have lost some of its vigor.

Personally, i think Cherry Pie x OG should have produced something far tastier/superior to the GSC. The GSC is definitely some kill, but the taste/smell wasnt what i expected. And i think the cherry pie is a much yummier smelling strain
Aligee has that platinum OG u speak of

baaka_san

baaka_san

Whut up fellas. Anyone know whats the deal with Papadon's SCVCS batch of GSC beans? They have had them posted up for sometime now but Ive been hesi to pick any up and waste all the time, effort and TLC. I work near the place and have been to the club a couple times but have not bought anything as of yet. I really dont like the weird chemical/hospital type smell inside of this place. I always find myself just going to Elemental Wellness for medz.. better quality IMO. Anyone know what the deal?

**Sorry for the intrusion GOO. Have been a fan for some time now.. remember your WIFI runs and using your thread for problems id run into with my ROG and DEADHEAD. Always well informed and keeping things on point. Good to see things are continuing to go well for you brotha. Anyway thought the question was on topic..

N

nightmarecreature

Yep that's LA 4 u

There are lots of OG's down here and some of them are renamed. The Faceoff og cut I have kills even the Real deal GSC. http://www.straingeniuslabs.com/strain/9450 THC at 24%
I have the Charlie Sheen OG (Green Crack x Blue Dream X OG Kush) cut that I have yet to try. It should be a high yielder. I still hope the Imedz GSC turns out great!
My favorites so far are these and two other horded strains by the name of Black Ice and No og.
Faceoff OG
SFV OG
GSC
Deadhead Og

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

There are lots of OG's down here and some of them are renamed. The Faceoff og cut I have kills even the Real deal GSC. http://www.straingeniuslabs.com/strain/9450 THC at 24%
I have the Charlie Sheen OG (Green Crack x Blue Dream X OG Kush) cut that I have yet to try. It should be a high yielder. I still hope the Imedz GSC turns out great!
My favorites so far are these and two other horded strains by the name of Black Ice and No og.
Faceoff OG
SFV OG
GSC
Deadhead Og

That Face off og is from RareDankness I want a pack of those seeds.. I seen some at the cup that looked nice

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Whut up fellas. Anyone know whats the deal with Papadon's SCVCS batch of GSC beans? They have had them posted up for sometime now but Ive been hesi to pick any up and waste all the time, effort and TLC. I work near the place and have been to the club a couple times but have not bought anything as of yet. I really dont like the weird chemical/hospital type smell inside of this place. I always find myself just going to Elemental Wellness for medz.. better quality IMO. Anyone know what the deal?

**Sorry for the intrusion GOO. Have been a fan for some time now.. remember your WIFI runs and using your thread for problems id run into with my ROG and DEADHEAD. Always well informed and keeping things on point. Good to see things are continuing to go well for you brotha. Anyway thought the question was on topic..
Not 2 sure about those seeds it kinda sounds a Lil fishy 2 me.. Ur better off lookin 4 a cut

baaka_san

baaka_san

yea.. i thought so. ive never seen the flower in there and like i said no one has either confirmed or declined what it is they have going on in there. no bueno

what about HOD's cut ive seen listed from time to time over at HSO.?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

yea.. i thought so. ive never seen the flower in there and like i said no one has either confirmed or declined what it is they have going on in there. no bueno

what about HOD's cut ive seen listed from time to time over at HSO.?
I don't think I know about HOD's cut or even HSO? R u talking about Harborside in Oakland? If so Ali gots there platinum cookies & were gunna run it real soon..

baaka_san

baaka_san

I don't think I know about HOD's cut or even HSO? R u talking about Harborside in Oakland? If so Ali gots there platinum cookies & were gunna run it real soon..
Yea, Harborside Oakland. Not sure if its the same.. i just saw it listed on their clone listing as HOD's.? next time I go ill make it my business to find out a little more about it.

N

nightmarecreature

That Face off og is from RareDankness I want a pack of those seeds.. I seen some at the cup that looked nice

The Faceoff OG did not come from Raredankness but RD does have the cut and they use it in breeding. The Faceoff cut was a tightly held cut that circulated in the Hollywood music industry. It came from an S1 of The Triangle or Ghost cut, too much debate on which one. Nothing beats it right now and it's rarely known. As far as RD, I'm running Moonshine,Long Peaks Blue and GTH#2. The 501st looks good too. I forgot to mention the Real deal Skywalker OG is bomb and should have been added to my list. Cali really does have the best strains.

NORCAL:
GSC
CHERRY PIE
SKYWALKER OG

SOCAL:
FACEOFF OG
SFV OG
ABUSIVE OG
too many other og's to list.

Top Bottom