Gnome Genetics and Magic Strains

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

anyone have germination issues with these breeders ? got 2 --3 packs of and NO germination !!!!!!!!!!! help (used three different germination methods also !!)

2Bad

2Bad

anyone have germination issues with these breeders ? got 2 --3 packs of and NO germination !!!!!!!!!!! help (used three different germination methods also !!)
how many seeds did u pop. what methods.

H

hawkman

how many seeds did u pop. what methods.
total 6 - 3 each from breeder methods: 1) h2o soak - paper towel /// 2) h2o soak w/hydrogen peroxide (rate 30ml per 2 cups h2o) them paper towel and the 3rd -- shake seed in a container to "crack" them - h20 soak - paper towel method ????????????????????? help

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
total 6 - 3 each from breeder methods: 1) h2o soak - paper towel /// 2) h2o soak w/hydrogen peroxide (rate 30ml per 2 cups h2o) them paper towel and the 3rd -- shake seed in a container to "crack" them - h20 soak - paper towel method ????????????????????? help
Hey, I hear you with your seed popping struggles. I can only tell you my method to pop seeds if you can get any help from it great if not well there's always clones..

I soak over night in Spring water. Then I use the water the seeds soak in to saturate then wring out paper towels to lay seed on...No standing water....towel on top wrung out and tapped onto the top of the seed. I keep in a small plastic container with a lid in a warm location...on top of my aquarium is perfect...2 days later I've sprouts.......I get close to 100% popping if they are viable seeds.

H

hawkman

Hey, I hear you with your seed popping struggles. I can only tell you my method to pop seeds if you can get any help from it great if not well there's always clones..

I soak over night in Spring water. Then I use the water the seeds soak in to saturate then wring out paper towels to lay seed on...No standing water....towel on top wrung out and tapped onto the top of the seed. I keep in a small plastic container with a lid in a warm location...on top of my aquarium is perfect...2 days later I've sprouts.......I get close to 100% popping if they are viable seeds.
thanks for your information

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
thanks for your information
I saw a YT vid with some white coat expert talked about enzymes the seeds release that nourish the embryo when opening and sprouting. So I use like an oz+ of water to soak 1 seed then I use that water to soak the paper towel.........

I've made a super juice to pop some old bag seeds, where I use 20 hermied seeds from one of my fails to sit in water over night then I toss the seeds and use that water to sprout my good seeds....I don't know if it did anything but my seeds popped and everything grew so???

R

rangabud

Have you tried just planting one in a little bit of soil? That seems to be the best an most reliable method in my experience.

H

hawkman

Have you tried just planting one in a little bit of soil? That seems to be the best an most reliable method in my experience.
really just planting them in soil from the start - this method has been used ever since the recording of time !!! Build-a- Soil has a product that you can soak them in before planting. Some use SuperThrive

R

rangabud

Yeah super thrive is good stuff.
But yeah really that's how I do it, after playing around with all different ways I went back to that as I seem to get 100% germ rate doing so.
I just pla t in a shot glass of soil then once sprouted and I can see some roots I transplant into whatever medium I'm finishing in generally coco/perlite mix.

H

hawkman

Yeah super thrive is good stuff.
But yeah really that's how I do it, after playing around with all different ways I went back to that as I seem to get 100% germ rate doing so.
I just pla t in a shot glass of soil then once sprouted and I can see some roots I transplant into whatever medium I'm finishing in generally coco/perlite mix.
never thought of adding soil in shot glass - used to use shot glass w/h20 never thought of adding soil ??? interesting == how is your germination rate ? guess it would be like using a "cuve_ (rockwell, ect) -

R

rangabud

never thought of adding soil in shot glass - used to use shot glass w/h20 never thought of adding soil ??? interesting == how is your germination rate ? guess it would be like using a "cuve_ (rockwell, ect) -
Just shot glass but the plastic ones that I drill a few holes in the bottom. Soak when I plant the seed then just water as it dries out.
My germ rate has been 100% since doing it that way.

H

hawkman

Just shot glass but the plastic ones that I drill a few holes in the bottom. Soak when I plant the seed then just water as it dries out.
My germ rate has been 100% since doing it that way.
will defintly going to try it

Top Bottom