Grade My Grow Please

• Thread starter GrowBig22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowBig22

It was actually in veg for 12 weeks of 18/6
I may have made some beginners mistakes along the way which held her back. Not sure.
I started with only 1 to learn and get some experience under my belt. I have definitely learned some things I will do differently next time.
Still hoping to get something decent from this one though. After all, with all the startup costs...it's probably the most expensive one I will ever grow.

Thanks for the input...much appreciated!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have to agree with @NightsWatch next time veg for longer and really fill that screen before flip to flower. You have a lot of real estate there that could very well have housed a cola in each square that now will produce nothing. But you are on the right track!!!

Overall looks good from my house. I typically continue tucking and cleaning below well into flower by at least 2 weeks before I let the main grow tips go vertical. Good grow karma to you and your gurl!!!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That you didn't kill it the first time is a success. Give us some other shots of the plant. Side shots. How tall is she? What nutes and other equipment you using. Unfortunately you probably got 6 Oz of unused real estate. . I didn't wait long enough my first time either

G

GrowBig22

what size light are you using and what size is the tent/space/screen? far as i can tell it looks damn good for your first grow.i would give it a b+ and if ya woulda filled the screen a lil more it would def be an A :)

Light is 600 watt vented enclosed hood. Used mh for veg and now hps for flower.

Although I get tempted to turn the ballast down to 400w at times it appears to be too much light for her in certain areas.

Tent is 5x5x6.5
Net is 40" x 40"

G

GrowBig22

I have to agree with @NightsWatch next time veg for longer and really fill that screen before flip to flower. You have a lot of real estate there that could very well have housed a cola in each square that now will produce nothing. But you are on the right track!!!

Overall looks good from my house. I typically continue tucking and cleaning below well into flower by at least 2 weeks before I let the main grow tips go vertical. Good grow karma to you and your gurl!!!
I would have gladly waited longer to flip.
I just read over and over on the web to expect it to double or triple in size during first 1-3 weeks of flower.
Seems like that isn't gonna happen.

Also I read somewhere to not trim branches or pluck leaves during first 2-3 weeks of flower.
Is this true? Or isn't it better to get the extra suckers off so energy can be focused on colas asap?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Light is 600 watt vented enclosed hood. Used mh for veg and now hps for flower.

Although I get tempted to turn the ballast down to 400w at times it appears to be too much light for her in certain areas.

Tent is 5x5x6.5
Net is 40" x 40"
600 is perfect for a 40 x 40 imo... leave the ballast turned up. 18" from canopy. And that stretch with flip is different between strains. Just roll with it. Your doing great.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would have gladly waited longer to flip.
I just read over and over on the web to expect it to double or triple in size during first 1-3 weeks of flower.
Seems like that isn't gonna happen.

Also I read somewhere to not trim branches or pluck leaves during first 2-3 weeks of flower.
Is this true? Or isn't it better to get the extra suckers off so energy can be focused on colas asap?
Everybody has opinions. This is something you will decide for yourself. I do a Lil at a time.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

One thing is for certain. If you give her water that's phed. If u feed her even just a lil. If you give her light and don't freeze her or burn her to death, she live thru being broke in half, mangled in ways you couldn't imagine, and come out with the prettiest canopy.. moral....... it's just a plant... don't over think it..

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

think u are doing great for your first run for sure keep up the good work now take the info u have learned from this run and from your fellow growers and make the next one a much better success :cool:

G

GrowBig22

Thanks everyone for the opinions & advice

Here are some more pics. White hairs starting to show on some pre-flowers.

Other pic is before the net installed.

I will take some later tonight of the main stem etc. once the lights come on in about 5 hours.
IMG 0466
IMG 0414

G

GrowBig22

Think my girl is dieing. I will get some pics up soon. I feel like one of those dudes who can't grow a plant. Here I am going along like I know what I was doing. Ha. I was doing so much wrong. I started to see some yellowing of the leaves coming from the middle of the leaves. More on the ones closest to the center of the plant. Also the leaves have a drier feel to them. Not crunchy...just not as lush as before. After seeing a few vids last night I realize I was definitely over feeding. Not giving anything but ro/ph H2O. Back with some pics soon but I think I ruined her. I'm pretty sure I lost some serious yield even if I can get her healthy in time again for any harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom