Greenhouse Organic Grower Saying Hi

• Thread starter Underthesun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Underthesun

Underthesun

Hello! I come snoop around this site for info on a regular basis and figured I would join up too. This site seems to have the most well rounded, educated participants on the web. Not too many trolls and it looks like people that actually graduated elementary school write threads...so thanks for that! Also all the info is laid out very nice, easy to find what you want. Good job.

I've been growing on and off for about 12 years now and in the last few years became a sun grown enthusiast. After putting some girls out in a cold frame and harvesting late October, I have never been so happy with the quality. So I'm giving up on indoor and focusing on one harvest a year, unless I start to light dep, but that is too much time for me at the moment.

I have much interest in organic growing and a newbie with this practice. I hope to learn lots and share my experiences as I dive into the organic world. Compost teas and my own soil mixture this year will be a fun experiment. I may leave one or two pots to the Fox Farm schedule I have had good luck with in the past just to make sure I come out with something this season if I totally mess up the organic.

I live in Colorado up in the hills with crazy weather and a semi short growing season. This has pushed me to build a greenhouse for myself. My cold frame was hard to heat in late fall, this should be better. I just finished it up and looking forward to using it. Being a personal grower I just built a 100 sf structure out of Solexx and recycled lumber. It turned out great. I plan on making many more small greenhouses for friends around the area as well.

I like getting a healthy harvest, giving free bags to my friends so they don't buy it and doing my part to keep prices down...some may not like that but thats my goal...lots of personal growers = lots of free/real cheap high quality herb for all.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Thanks for the welcoming gestures. Looking forward to this season.

Top Bottom