Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Looking good in here Bear little trick chuck ya paper towel in a snap lock bag will never dry out but kudos man she looking sweetđź‘Ť
Dude I went back to that method after I smoked a couple seeds haha tried to be all cool with the seed tray hahaha! Thanks for reaching out! I do appreciate it!!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Finally got some snow and cold overnight lows! Room stayed 70F over night but humidity dropped and I was un able to bring it back up with just spritzing the seedlings and other small plants. So I added Two hanging pots of water at about 4.5 to 5 feet high and a soaked towel under the table. I also added a bunch of water to the plastic germination tote tray I have in the room( that worked great). My temp isn’t supper great which has me looking into turning on my little room heater I used in my green house last winter (grew corn in it while snowing)! It was so warm my German shepherd decided to break into it and make a baby corn bed one day. He got in trouble lol. The last two pics of the thermometer readings are taken within the time I started this post and finishing it! Hopefully I can get that to stay on the higher end.
84CDB30C CB51 44DB 8873 7B47DDEDEA2F
FFE8A934 8144 4D14 B0FD 33DC92B0E460
DE934839 6212 47D0 BFA7 B2C3AAA581CB
55027CF8 5087 46AB 8DE2 9099AF9E2C87
7A4721DF EA48 4060 BEF7 25ADB953CE06
682D4E25 A4F2 49EA 8F3A 17CFF1EE9243

a couple more XXs popped inside and got put into solo cups and added to the germ container in the room, with a few showing promise to pop in the next 12 hours or so, they’ll get their own solos when ready.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
If you're only worried about night time rh, just slip the over, not securely. Should only need it for a week then they should be ok
Thanks 2Water! Im also concerned about day time RH. Im a few days away from AT LEAST getting a exhaust fan (i know its ver necessary) and will help me be able to dial in that humidity.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning everybody! Since yesterdays humidity struggles it has not gotten any better. 2water suggested I cover the solos with a sandwich style baggy and I totally forgot to do that over last night!! But I did order clear planting cups to use a humidity dome. I’ve got some equipment in the shopping basket hopefully by next week ill be able to set up. Ill get some pics up later for funnzies! Later on dudes!

2Water

2Water

Good morning everybody! Since yesterdays humidity struggles it has not gotten any better. 2water suggested I cover the solos with a sandwich style baggy and I totally forgot to do that over last night!! But I did order clear planting cups to use a humidity dome. I’ve got some equipment in the shopping basket hopefully by next week ill be able to set up. Ill get some pics up later for funnzies! Later on dudes!
how low is the humidity?

Dadman86

Dadman86

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Before I had humidifiers I used soaking wet towels hanging on nails. 4 towels got my sauna into the 60 ish %
That’s where I’m at right now with the bowls and one towel. I’m going to start running a heater today and will be adding a couple more towels : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
It helped out it really did. Just got to watch the puddles. Water just laying around isn't good I don't think.
Absolutely! Made a huge water mess when I put the first towel out there and had me thinking of ways I can improve that. Im going to use the two totes to hold water and towels.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Absolutely! Made a huge water mess when I put the first towel out there and had me thinking of ways I can improve that. Im going to use the two totes to hold water and towels.
Hang as high as you can. You want the water vapor in the air. I found my first humidifier on fb marketplace 5 bucks. That sucker is still putting in work.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I checked my local area for some humidifiers, lots of cheap units just way to far for me to want to travel. So I got on the computer and ordered a simple, “economically” friendly humidifier and the AC fan with controller I’ve been eye balling for some time now! Having control of the environment is something I’m learning is more important than I originally anticipated! One step at a time, ill be getting what I need for that! A nice window mounted AC is definitely in the ne’er future do to spring time temps where I’m at will absolutely be necessary.
4C6821E7 FADD 4C56 BC43 0554835424A0
2D182207 678D 4134 B593 295DFA87E739
E0E4DDA8 4EFD 4EA0 94B5 06CC0BFB91C7
95C50DF3 8F0C 4A60 AB66 13FB8F576E6E
1BE68131 BD44 42A0 BBBF 1F55922F2AB8
5C482CDB CFFB 495D 8CC5 E05659215EB6

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t think the room I start my seedlings in has ever been over 50% Rh! I just try and keep it in the 70s temp wise and slam the light to them. Seems to work OK! You’re looking good. Make sure you let them dry back good.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
how low is the humidity?

I don’t think the room I start my seedlings in has ever been over 50% Rh! I just try and keep it in the 70s temp wise and slam the light to them. Seems to work OK! You’re looking good. Make sure you let them dry back good.
Ok that makes me feel a little better. I may be overly concerned for no reason : ) I tend to do that hahah. Will do on the dry backs! 👍🏻 thank you!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
One more and I’ll shut up! I start them in a cubbyhole in the bedroom under 4 2 foot barrina tubes. Once they get a couple nodes, out onto the bedroom floor under a couple of 4 foot, 120 W LED shop lights! 5000 K. 13,000 lm. Once they get to about three nodes, maybe four, they go into two or 3 gallon fabric bags on the bedroom floor! And grow there for about a month till it’s time to take them outside. About as low tech as it gets! But they flourish. I think the important thing is the watering and the temp. And a lot of light! You will get her done! The only drawback is trying to take a nap with those fucking lights blazing! L O L! And how I love my naps!
IMG 2097
IMG 2168

Latest posts

Top Bottom