Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Got the plants watered this afternoon. The tips on a couple of the plants had just the tips of their leaves turn yellow (like ball point tip size), I think its from lack of water. Either way they got wet today. Im having a hard time coming up with a nutrient regimen for them (im afraid to over feed them). I was looking into the build a soil craft blend maybe closer to flower 🤷🏼‍♂️ I want to juice them but want to have that living soil aspect also. Ill shoot for building a guano feed for vegging, where I get lost is what do I add with it? Like all the other minerals and what not. Do you guys know if I could use “THE RECIPE”? It’s somewhere on here, it all looks good on paper but the captain jacks had me concerned of over feeding.
3BDF91EB EE39 46DC B38E 4BC2BA38D8A0

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Here’s a pic of the Banana Garlic, still not showing anything as far as sex (at least I cant tell yet). And here’s a pic of the condensation on just the outside of the grow space on the sealing!! I felt a drop on my back and thought that was strange, looked up and saw this! Hahaha!! Got some climate control to work on 🤪 im going to try and pick up some cloning gel for “The Experiment” curtesy of @Newty’s idea : )
89CD5A8F AFE4 40D0 8C62 E2214DFD0803
C6E39B2B 62D6 4EE8 A7B9 2BD66E436810
15EA54D1 F780 4A4D A2E1 11046492E77A

2Water

2Water

Here’s a pic of the Banana Garlic, still not showing anything as far as sex (at least I cant tell yet). And here’s a pic of the condensation on just the outside of the grow space on the sealing!! I felt a drop on my back and thought that was strange, looked up and saw this! Hahaha!! Got some climate control to work on 🤪 im going to try and pick up some cloning gel for “The Experiment” curtesy of @Newty’s idea : ) View attachment 2132911View attachment 2132912View attachment 2132913
👍

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Have you watered since last week?
I just saw this post today! (3/14). I have not. Only three of the banana garlics are looking like they needed water. All the other pots still had a little weight to them. I was going to water “yesterday” lol or today at least the banana garlic.

Is it common to have the plants go for more than a week without wanting water?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Just ordered the cloning gel which should be here tomorrow, for the “newty clone science experiment” : )

On that note: the little bottle of rooting stuff I applied a few weeks ago had zero affects on the plants it was applied too(at least from what I could tell) nothing visible from the surface. Long over due update on that hahaha.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I just saw this post today! (3/14). I have not. Only three of the banana garlics are looking like they needed water. All the other pots still had a little weight to them. I was going to water “yesterday” lol or today at least the banana garlic.

Is it common to have the plants go for more than a week without wanting water?
@2Water I just checked in on the plants. The banana garlic plants definitely need water today, and from Tuesdays check all the rest of the plants are now showing signs of needing water : ) they are going to get watered this afternoon : ) good lookin out!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Aww, did you name an experiment after me? 🤗

I'm definitely curious to how it's going to turn out!!!
Sure did! Hahaha! Not officially thought yet so if you have some ideas for a thread title im open for suggestions : ) 😂

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Plants are moving right along. The banana garlics were a little over do for a watering. The XX and Raskals were showing signs of being thirsty but not overly. The pots were nice and light and got a ton of water, ill be making some kind of drip/catch tray set up as i dont want the pots sitting in the water. (Thats all part of the ill make it when I get to that point) part of the “mission impossible” : ) here’s a few pics, again they are looking ok. I know they aren’t perfect but they aren’t dying (yet) : )
49530B82 080F 45CB BD98 FB95AE9EE6B1
9AA38330 D749 4C58 B3C7 2592FA656FBE
96B32220 265E 449F 9DB6 7A89E8C1C496

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey all! Checked on the plants this afternoon and noticed the XX throwing some pre flower hairs ( I think) which leads me to a question about nutes! I finally was able to pick up some veg nutes the other day and now im second guessing the acquisition (ill use it in my next run and around the veggie garden) so im wondering if I should start applying a “transition feed” at this point? Plants are at their “roughly” 7week mark give or take a few days as some popped earlier than others. I’m going to pick up the transition nutes regardless of needing them at this point next week so ill have those on hand. The line of nutes has a “finishing” regiment also all for very affordable ( I dont know as much as I thought I did to feel confident in mixing my own) so I went with the pre made : ) thanks for any suggestions or guidenence. Hope y’all are having a fanstastic “SUNDAY” 🤪 and enjoying some ❤️corned beef and cabbage ❤️
A98A5336 16F3 42EC 9153 E577744DFC23
448D5881 D975 4747 BB87 DE23F8640785

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good evening! Was able to get the plants watered this afternoon with their new food along with a trim( pretty sure I fucked that up) 🤷🏼‍♂️🫣 the food is sea blast by earth juice ( they have a transition and bloom that ill get to have a complete regiment) super excited about that : ) starting to see some signs of sex but still cant really tell for certain. I hate to do it but when i need to ill be up dating pics like twice a day for help determining male or female hahaha!
I did find a yellowed fan leaf on the banana garlic that has me somewhat concerned for the “long run” what are your guys’ thoughts on it? Pictured below.
FB01C338 7783 4B0F 911E 64C0E4D01929
8F683462 A293 4807 B7AE 0791AA97A757
9F6F70BC 637F 450F ADA8 C3C9BBEC94C5
4B04D9FB C47A 43EE 8C64 EB4E3D761961
57E3546E E589 4AFF ACEB 896DD885EB77
0D105EAF 2DB5 4EE7 8569 AA59E7E4D8F7

0DCF5182 D4B9 4886 926B 2FF2C03B8716

DA853EBA 9B3C 4CC6 B866 685CD4D720FD

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning all! Got to work on the shed yesterday a bit and was thinking about some upcoming adjustments / additions to the grow space and beyond. I was able to instal the window mount AC I acquired (its hokey but it should work). Im going to re route the inlet fan possibly to the other other wall to suck in cold air from the lung room (this is because im being lazy and do not want to climb into the small outside space of my grow space within the shed). Still eyeballing the right dehumidifiers (per all your recommendations im waiting as long as I can to get the biggest one I can afford). Im again starting to trip out on not completely understanding how a active fan set up works lol! I keep using words I think I know what they mean but I dont - Juan Montoya , probably. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
6BCCB3EA B9D4 49CB BD6D FDF8950EA41E
B5582F7A 93E1 45D3 8B28 C494CB93205B

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I once again realize I am absolutely horrible at documenting for a grow diary🤷🏼‍♂️😂. Here is what I came up with yesterday: one of the banana garlics had two smaller branches completely smoked. The only thing I can think of is last week when I watered, I left some of the plants of the black table for an extended period of time thus leaving the bag exposed to the sun ( not a good theory but that’s all I got).
2BDBA3F9 DF3C 4A4F BCF4 A1A15A0AE9CE
3AE28E68 2C68 4030 8D64 1171A77FDE1B
I also was out there yesterday keeping my eyes out for more males (which I’m certain there are more males) I just could not see them! Came out of there cross eyed and frustrated so im going to try and lean on you guys a little as its kind of stressing me out a bit at the moment. I’m going to number the plants so I can better document them and get them on the forum for folks to help me out : ) I was checking out The above picture and realized my 6 year olds garden project is in the background (planting pots) which he was supposed to stack! Little turd!😍anyways thanks for stopping by and again any input or tips or tricks or whatever are welcome! : ) have a great Wednesday ya’ll!!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks for documenting your journey.

When I see only one part of the plant having a problem, I think damage of some sort. It could be heat from the sun, like you said. I've seen similar damage from fans, too.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Thanks for documenting your journey.
You’re very welcome! I know its not much lol and I am not experienced so lots of fumbles : ) I do enjoy sharing and it helps the day to day : )

When I see only one part of the plant having a problem, I think damage of some sort. It could be heat from the sun, like you said. I've seen similar damage from fans, too.
Thats reassuring : ) and very logical hahaha.

I didn’t mess with the “damaged” plant at all other than checking it out. Should I remove the effected branches at this point, or wait for them to die and yellow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom