Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Alright ya’ll I took the cuttings, some were really nice some were not so really nice. Now we wait! I saw a couple things I wanted to give a shot (perlite and double trays).

From the grave! The outdoor project, the two nicest female Raskals have been in 7gal fabric pots and survived the weather and I this far so I topped them and moved them and will give them some grow feed later this afternoon (pics at some point). I also hit them with a good layer of jacks dead bug spray stuff.

Indoors are looking good (I think) the Raskals are going to get just water next watering and the XX are going to get one more grow/trans and then I think by the next watering or feeding they would be getting the transition food along with the bloom food, along with THE BIG FLIP!
IMG 6255
IMG 6256

IMG 6259
IMG 6260
IMG 6261
IMG 6265

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I think the next indoor run I do im going to try and automate the watering a little. I just suck at timing it and keeping track. Had a rough week though so im blaming this dry back on that. My room yesterday reached 95 degrees and and the plants looked dead when I checked on them. I gave them a healthy dose of just water and they’ve come back around (checked this morning).
I have some major climate issues to figure out very soon, I keep talking about it but not doing anything and it’s biting me in the ass slowly but surly. I have a tarp im going to hang on the porch of the shed to cut the direct sun onto it in the late afternoon (thats when the temps hit that 95) I feel like if the ambient outside temp is in the low 80s I should be able to keep my room around that with exhaust going, but with that sun beating on the shed the whole situation heats up like crazy. Same thing on the south facing side of the shed, it needs an awning : )
The clones are doing their thing. Not sure if I fucked them up when taking them: I cut about an inch maybe a little over the lower part of the stem, like used a razor blade and cut the outer part of the stalk🤷🏼‍♂️ I was reading about it after the fact (i know) and most folks say they just “scrape” the stem? We’ll see, I think they are on just under a week?
the outdoor outlaws are doing well, they are going to get some N later today. And I have been spraying them with he captains jack every three or so days. I’ll probably take some pics later today and come back to post. Gotta get back to my morning dose of pepa pig and coffee! Later skaters!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Got the tarp put up in front of my shed. We’ll see how well it keeps the temp down in the shed. It’s sitting right at 80*F with lights off. The outside temp is right at 80 degrees, what does this mean!? Lol! I think it means my room isn’t really insulated at all hahahahaha!! Not a lot a faith going into the next phase. But it ain’t over till its over : )
IMG 0059

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Got the tarp put up in front of my shed. We’ll see how well it keeps the temp down in the shed. It’s sitting right at 80*F with lights off. The outside temp is right at 80 degrees, what does this mean!? Lol! I think it means my room isn’t really insulated at all hahahahaha!! Not a lot a faith going into the next phase. But it ain’t over till its over : ) View attachment 2172633
So the room made it the 6 hours dark during the big heat without going over 80 degrees. Something I didn’t consider at the time of my last post (complaining about insulation) is the dehumidifier is kicking heat into the room! Im going to absolutely duct that out tomorrow! So! Maybe its insulating a little better than im giving it credit for🤷🏼‍♂️ that makes me feel better for the 12 and 12 flip as I might have a little bit better chance at cooling the shed with the AC minimally.

Z

Zab

So the room made it the 6 hours dark during the big heat without going over 80 degrees. Something I didn’t consider at the time of my last post (complaining about insulation) is the dehumidifier is kicking heat into the room! Im going to absolutely duct that out tomorrow! So! Maybe its insulating a little better than im giving it credit for🤷🏼‍♂️ that makes me feel better for the 12 and 12 flip as I might have a little bit better chance at cooling the shed with the AC minimally.
I thought you already had that ducted or maybe you were talking about it or maybe I'm just zonked or stoned or both

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I thought you already had that ducted or maybe you were talking about it or maybe I'm just zonked or stoned or both
Ummm, yes! 😂 I’ve been talking about it and you’re stoned! Hahaha!! But seriously I have only been talking about it : ) literally lights on 10 minutes ago and the temp is back to 85! I will over come I will over come I will over come 😂

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Forgot to mention this in the last post reply. What do you think of making a sealed in area thats ducted for the light! Like a inclosed hood set up like HID? At this point its just a pipe type dream concept but I think it could work🤷🏼‍♂️ im tagging @Oldchucky just because he likes all the weird shit I talk about and want to do to my grows 😂

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Sorry guys hate to do this but here’s one more thought on the temps and all. The room yesterday was up to 96 degrees and is holding at 85, its creeping up slightly now that the sun is hitting on the tarp side of the shed where as earlier it hadn’t quite got there. Alright y’all, im going to go except defeat for the evening and get stoned! ✌️

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Are you using ac?
Almost! : ) I have it installed to the shed but need to make a few room adjustments before I run the ac (im going to take the walls down and just make the foot print bigger) nothing outside the grow space is insulated. Once I get that done then I’ll start running the AC. Just trying to see if I can make a little more happen without having to turn that bad boy on. I just cranked my exhaust fan to the 10 setting which is slowly bringing it down. Another thought im having is maybe do a dual intake and make them go in the room at different points to throw some more cool air in there : )

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think you oughta make a chicken coop out of it! Have a great evening bear!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
So I was out in the shed for one last time this evening looking at where I could put some nesting boxes and realized I have been sucking inside shed air into the room (the duct fell out of where it as supposed to be and its less than an ideal spot to view and or see without getting back in there which I ended up doing lol) 🤦‍♂️ so needless to say the temp is for the second time today is slowly coming down🙄😂 this is obviously not the fix all but could be why temps were raising but not lowering (its why). Until next time!♥️✌️

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good Sunday morning farmers! Yesterday was a big day here at the 1/4 acre funny farms! Switched the plants over to 12/12 and will be getting ready to reconfigure my room accordingly (im winging that part and really dont have a solid end point but rather multiple ideas and as it pans out ill implement what i need), thats just me being fancy in saying I still really don’t have a fuckin clue HAHAHAHA!!!!😂
I spent almost all day monitoring the the temps and how they changed throughout the different places in the sky in relation to all my trees and the shed. at this point im confident the AC and lights out during the day with the 12/12 light schedule I will be able to keep the temps where they need to be. We’ll see🤷🏼‍♂️😃.
Forgot to mention the plants are now getting the bloom nutrients I got for them along with the current transition food they have been receiving.
The two Raskals have been showing some (signs) the last few weeks which I have been addressing (just watering with water because I thought it was a nute lock out situation). CaptainSpalding was gracious enough to take a PM look at them and told me to lower the output 10-15% (which I can’t because my DIY light LOL!) but I did heed his suggestion and knowledge and raised the light about 8” now ill see how the Raskals react to that.

The outdoor situation is getting treated with captain jacks dead bug every few days (going to go hit them up this morning). They are getting a grow food every watering witch is anything but consistent being outside and the temp swings we’ve been having in our area lol!!
IMG 6302
IMG 6303
IMG 6306
IMG 6304
IMG 6308
IMG 6309
IMG 6315
IMG 6312
IMG 6313
IMG 6314

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Looking pretty damn good bear! Good work!
Thanks chucky! I know the outs are a little worse looking for ware but they have a good structure for the most part (in my opinion) and seem to be happy enough where they are. Im taking care of them because I really have zero faith in my clone project and if that fails these two girls outside are what I got for outdoor this season : )

The indoors have had a rough go : ) so when I have experienced growers telling me they look nice… that makes me feel really good about what I’ve done so far (a lot of help and reassuring words from everyone here you included!) so thank you : )

Hope you’re having a good weekend! Enjoy the rest of it : )

Bear,

Top Bottom