Harvesting this week first time

• Thread starter emma.dir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emma.dir

Hey guys i posted last week about harvest and drying and got a lot of helpful tips. im gunna dry in tent for about 10 days at 60 humidity 60 temp. then um gunna cure in grove bags. you dont need to burp grove bags at all right? do u put a humidistat in the bag w the bud? do you fill the bags? how long does the bud have to cure before it is smokeable? i know the longer the better but whats a minimum amount of time it needs to cure before i can smoke some? what is the goal humidity in the bag, 58-62%? also when drying could i just pull the plant out and hang it upside down or would u recommend cutting the branches off? also for the buds with leaves in the middle of the bud do you smoke the leaves? i thought leaves didnt get u high but they are sticky and have trichomes..? thanks again everyone for all the help so excited to harvest and smoke my own weed. am planning to harvest saturday or sunday

Harvesting this week first time
Harvesting this week first time 2
Harvesting this week first time 3
Harvesting this week first time 4
Harvesting this week first time 5
Harvesting this week first time 6
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hey guys i posted last week about harvest and drying and got a lot of helpful tips. im gunna dry in tent for about 10 days at 60 humidity 60 temp. then um gunna cure in grove bags.
Sounds good.
you dont need to burp grove bags at all right?
Correct.
do u put a humidistat in the bag w the bud?
No. Not a humidistat. I add one of those small hygrometer and thermometer devices. The Grove bags do a rather good job, though.
do you fill the bags?
I don't. I use one-pound bags and fill them about half full.
how long does the bud have to cure before it is smokeable? i know the longer the better but whats a minimum amount of time it needs to cure before i can smoke some?
I keep the bud in Grove bags for six weeks before I put the buds in sealed Mason jars. There's nothing that says you can't pull a bud out occasionally to test it. We've had good tasting weed right out of the drying tent.
what is the goal humidity in the bag, 58-62%?
Yes. That's most common, I believe.
also when drying could i just pull the plant out and hang it upside down or would u recommend cutting the branches off?
Don't pull it out. Just cut it at the bottom of the stem an inch or two above the soil. Either hanging method is probably okay. I have a rack in my drying tent, so I cut the branches to 6 to 8 inches. If I were drying a lot of plants, I'd probably hang them. I don't, though, so I dry only one plant at a time.
also for the buds with leaves in the middle of the bud do you smoke the leaves?
You can. We do. We cut some of them off, too. I'd say that's the grower's choice kind of thing.
i thought leaves didnt get u high but they are sticky and have trichomes..?
Fan leaves aren't worth much for getting high, even if our cats love to eat them. The leaves near the buds are called "sugar leaves" because the trichomes look like sugar, I suppose. They probably have some THC, but not as much as the buds.
thanks again everyone for all the help so excited to harvest and smoke my own weed. am planning to harvest Saturday or sunday
Harvesting is always a little exciting, especially the first harvest. Enjoy.

Top Bottom