Has anyone used the spiderfarm se7000 led lights?

• Thread starter trueweedsmoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

trueweedsmoker

Hi I'm new here and getting back into growing. I'm new to LED's. Has anyone used the Spiderfarm Se7000 LED's? 730 watts. I was thinking of purchasing some. If so what was your average yield per light? Thanx in advance

Download
Se7000 ppfd map
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
This been kicking around a few days now I imagine anyone who had/s used one would of spoke up by now.

Just wondering if you really need 730w that will be a very large light it won’t fit a smallish tent & it will kick out a fair bit of heat led or not.

How many feet do you have to play with

3cats

3cats

This been kicking around a few days now I imagine anyone who had/s used one would of spoke up by now.

Just wondering if you really need 730w that will be a very large light it won’t fit a smallish tent & it will kick out a fair bit of heat led or not.

How many feet do you have to play with
I don't have the se7000 but I have 3 se3000 and I love them I've 2 in a 5x5 and 1 in a 3x3 the 2 in my 5x5 are a bit short for full coverage but I only use the back 2/3 of the tent the front has fans & heater,

3cats

3cats

Rather look for the latest samsung chips lm301h evo... that spider farmer still has lm301b
Check mars hydro, they already have new chips for similar price.
I've never heard of a Spiderfarmer lights catching fire, that's not the same case with Mars, I've read a few posts on different sites on people warning others about a potential fire hazard with Mars lights. I don't know one way or the other but I'm staying clear of Mars

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Hi I'm new here and getting back into growing. I'm new to LED's. Has anyone used the Spiderfarm Se7000 LED's? 730 watts. I was thinking of purchasing some. If so what was your average yield per light? Thanx in advance
I have not used this particular light but surely it’s quite similar to many others.

Imho it would be a great fit for a 5x5.

Depending on one’s set up and experience you could easily pull off a 32 zips.

K

Kamisama

I've never heard of a Spiderfarmer lights catching fire, that's not the same case with Mars, I've read a few posts on different sites on people warning others about a potential fire hazard with Mars lights. I don't know one way or the other but I'm staying clear of Mars
Every led light can cause fire hazard, if handled improperly. The main cause is heating.

3cats

3cats

Every led light can cause fire hazard, if handled improperly. The main cause is heating.
poor construction, bad soldering, poor design causing over heating, Your right they all can be a problem but I put Mars with Vivosun quality as being cheap. I may have it wrong I've never had one myself but for me its a bad name. I'm sure there are many people that like their lights. I should just shut up now I don't want a fight on who's the best. I got my 2 bits out we each have different experiences I'll leave it at that.

K

Kamisama

poor construction, bad soldering, poor design causing over heating, Your right they all can be a problem but I put Mars with Vivosun quality as being cheap. I may have it wrong I've never had one myself but for me its a bad name. I'm sure there are many people that like their lights. I should just shut up now I don't want a fight on who's the best. I got my 2 bits out we each have different experiences I'll leave it at that.
I am not fighting :) But right as u ve mentioned fire hazard and spiderfamer, I ve googled it and found somebody had such issue. I assume every led light will always have one or two posts about potential fire hazard.
Like the monkey oscillating fan from secret jardin, weird that most of the people use it succesfully and some have issues with it, even the worst one like fire hazard.

A

acemech

I have a couple se7000 spiders. I have never grown before so I would not be the right person to ask on yield. Im sure they would do the job. Their efficiency ratings are great.
The build quality seems to be very good. I purchased Phlizon 800w 4x4 lights before these and honestly Spiders are on another level when it comes to the build quality. (I sent the Phlizons back, no offence they are pretty good for the price point and def hit the numbers-its a hot light.)
Spiders light bars are modular and can easily be replaced individually. Ballast is easy replacement also if needed. (Im considering ordering a ballast to have on site for back up) I mounted the ballast outside the tent, and it does get pretty warm. Make sure to use the stand-off bracket if you remote mount, it needs the air space under the ballast to breathe. The light output seems to be excellent. I purchased two of these SE7000 and they came with two different ballasts. So with the AC Infinity set up running the Controller 69, one uses a "B Type dongle" and the other uses the "Type A dongle" no biggie. I have them set up now with the sunset/sunrise dimming feature. Both seem to have a very close output with good coverage. I purchased the se7000 for a 4x4 tent and all I can say is it just fits, and its overkill. I would go smaller next time in a 4x4. When you hit your head on this light in the 4x4-it dont move, and it leaves a little dent in your head. lol Same light in the 5x5 next to it? At least it gives a little and swings when I hit my head on it!
The pict of the two tents was on Oct 14. Current pict is on right. Im not sure, but it looks like they are getting ready to start crankin out some trichomes.
Im really happy with this set up so far.

IMG 4405 2
IMG 4561
A

acemech

I wanted to post an update on an issue that I noticed happening now with both of these lights. They turn of intermittently during the light cycle. Its doesnt matter if they are on 20% or 100%. It only lasts for 3-5seconds as the light powers off then back up. The temps on both ballasts are running 125 deg on full power. The attached driver pict is from the last light I purchased about a month ago. The light I bought in august I think has a different driver, as it requires the type B dongle from AC Infinity. I have emailed both AC Infinity and Spiderfarmer to see what they say. It may be a ac infinity firmware issue? dunno but both controllers have current firmware. This is definitely a concern if the problem persists and gets worse.

IMG 4613 1
I

infinitygrow24

I wanted to post an update on an issue that I noticed happening now with both of these lights. They turn of intermittently during the light cycle. Its doesnt matter if they are on 20% or 100%. It only lasts for 3-5seconds as the light powers off then back up. The temps on both ballasts are running 125 deg on full power. The attached driver pict is from the last light I purchased about a month ago. The light I bought in august I think has a different driver, as it requires the type B dongle from AC Infinity. I have emailed both AC Infinity and Spiderfarmer to see what they say. It may be a ac infinity firmware issue? dunno but both controllers have current firmware. This is definitely a concern if the problem persists and gets worse.
Is this the driver for the se7000?.. did you get a reply about it turning off?.. im about to buy one.
Thanks

orggrwr

orggrwr

Recently I noticed my ACI controller 69 occasionally cycles the exhaust fan off for a few seconds then back on for no apparent reason. I think I saw someone else say something similar on another thread or maybe another site. Thinking ACI controllers may have a gremlin or 2?

A

acemech

Is this the driver for the se7000?.. did you get a reply about it turning off?.. im about to buy one.
Thanks
Howdy,

Yes the issue was fixed via software update. Now I can use either the A or B dongles on the SF lights . I think the update makes it a very cost effective light. But I think this should be more of a concern for you.
I'm new to this hobby and noticed a fire hazard issue related to a common connector used in the industry.

Has this issue been corrected as of 4.5.24?? The high voltage connector coupling on my unit was not torqued correctly. The soft solder wire loops under all three fine thread screws were loose. This caused the connector to overheat. The light started to flicker. I got lucky because I was in the room and noticed the issue. It happened out of the box during a 8-10 hr burn in.
In my opinion the loose high voltage connection caused the connection to overheat beyond its rated capacity. This could lead to failure. I like the light cause its cheap and it works really really well. If you buy this or ANY model with this common high voltage coupling, UNPLUG IT then open it up and check to see how the torque is on all 3 screws. Both of my SE7000 Spider Farmer lights were loose also, just not as bad. When we set this type of connector it MUST be torqued several times to get the soft solder to lay flat. If you open it up and they used crimp connectors, you should check those too while you have the connector open.

Best of luck with your grow.

IMG 4685
Top Bottom